Media Capcom open for sale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone crazy enough to think despite the age & technology back then, Street Fighter II series is still the best looking series of the whole SF Franchise?

Sure newer games has more color, details & texture but nothing beats SFII series in terms of overall impression.

The sprites are nicely done, all the environment has their unique designs & of course the epic theme songs & everything is easily recognizable even for those that doesn't play the game.

Not just that, but progress the series like II did I, Alpha/Zero did II, and III did Alpha. IV is a step back, IMO.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone crazy enough to think despite the age & technology back then, Street Fighter II series is still the best looking series of the whole SF Franchise?

Sure newer games has more color, details & texture but nothing beats SFII series in terms of overall impression.

The sprites are nicely done, all the environment has their unique designs & of course the epic theme songs & everything is easily recognizable even for those that doesn't play the game.

Great post its perfect SfII is a masterpiece.

I definitely agree. I hate the way the characters in SF4 are animated, I'd take 2D sprites anyday.

Really hoping that Onimusha and Dino Crisis gets some sort of revival (especially the former as I absolutely loved all the games).

RE (the main series) needs to stop. RE5 and RE6 practically wrapped up the main series by dealing with Wesker and even going so far as tying the loose ends of the old series through Simmons and Ada (since Simmons actually represented the "corrupt" side of the American government as hinted in the old games). Chris got the best closure he's got, Sherry finally got spotlighted, even Leon and Ada's romance got some highlights. We dont' need RE7 at this point. We need an overall "reboot" of sorts, maybe not literally, but a sort of franchise reshuffle. Hell just give us another RE: Outbreak (File 3?) for now and I'll be more than happy.

Exactly. SFIII and Alpha managed to maintain that magic while keeping it fresh and new afterwards. The reason IV is a step back is that instead of moving towards something new, it catered to everyone who only played II back in the day (especially having it take place between II and III and bringing back all of II's characters). Except now the art style sucks and no one has their own stage and theme music anymore.

SFIV is just retreading old grounds trying to bank on the popularity that II had. I can't count how many times around SFIV's release I heard casuals say "Yo dawg did you get the new Street Fighter 4? I didn't even know there was a Street Fighter 3!" SMDH

i still think SFII series looks the best, it has a balance between cartoon & realistic look.

alpha series character is too cartoonist & lack of unique music & background, even the voice doesn't sound as unique.

SFIII, can't remember how it looked but something like SFIV but less bulkier?

I think the essence of Street Fighter was lost when they decided to move on to alpha, can't blame Capcom as they are just following the trends of the late 90's.

Exactly. SFIII and Alpha managed to maintain that magic while keeping it fresh and new afterwards. The reason IV is a step back is that instead of moving towards something new, it catered to everyone who only played II back in the day (especially having it take place between II and III and bringing back all of II's characters). Except now the art style sucks and no one has their own stage and theme music anymore.

SFIV is just retreading old grounds trying to bank on the popularity that II had. I can't count how many times around SFIV's release I heard casuals say "Yo dawg did you get the new Street Fighter 4? I didn't even know there was a Street Fighter 3!" SMDH

Me, still playing the game

i still think SFII series looks the best, it has a balance between cartoon & realistic look.

alpha series character is too cartoonist & lack of unique music & background, even the voice doesn't sound as unique.

SFIII, can't remember how it looked but something like SFIV but less bulkier?

I think the essence of Street Fighter was lost when they decided to move on to alpha, can't blame Capcom as they are just following the trends of the late 90's.

SFIII has really fluid sprite animations. It could of been amazing, but it had a bunch of crappy new characters.

Around where i lived all of the arcades starting shutting down before it arrived so i never get to play it. When i moved to my country capital as a student, i found a small retro arcade place near all the pubs, that had ST 1-2, Mortal Kombat 1, one of the king of fighters, and Samurai Showdown 1-2. To this day i still dont understand why i didnt pass.

PSN had both Dino Crisis and Dino Crisis 2 for 99 cents. :) just incase anyone wants to replay them.

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

Back