Can't Believe I just Did This...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you never seen Steve Sansweets collection? It's litterally EVERYTHING Star Wars. He has his a house just for all of his crap called Rancho Obi-Wan.

The guy has bottles of Pine-Sol just because they have some kind of Star Wars advertisement on the front label. just crazy.

Anakin said:
,..me too,..

,...sometimes we need to know when to stop,.. we can't collect it all!!!,..

Perhaps we could, if it wouldn't be so expensive... Or to put it in other words, if SSC wouldn't have raised the price for the SW 12" figures? I know, I know: they need to earn money so they can eat bla bla, If demand goes up, prices go up bla bla, they are a company and their job is to sell bla bla, it's called capitalism bla bla, if you don't like it don't buy it bla bla.
Let's see how many SSC items we can (partly) finance with points from the 'nifty rewards program'. The end of November is near.

At one time I was really thinking about canning Jabba, Leia, Bib and the rest other than the Jedi/Sith. I then bought Han for a good price on the bay and decided there is no way I want to cancel the rest. I have since picked up the customer real fur Chewie and am thrilled I did not cancel the other ones.

One thing I did cancel was the Endor troopers bundle. I am not going to collect characters THAT minor.

TOE said:
i like the LOTR pace wayyyy better :lol As many of you already know I am selling my whole SW lot and try go keep the ones I only like. But I definitely will try to be a completist of the LOTR. The details on those figures are just extraordinary.
Same here dude! I am collecting all the LOTR figs, but I am only keeping select few of the SW 12".

I'm getting all the 12" figuers for both LOTR and SW. I won't be doing that on the PF. After seeing Jabba no way in hell can I cancel that nor any of the others. As a fan I want the whole line because it will capture SW for me if that makes sense.

KitFisto said:
At one time I was really thinking about canning Jabba, Leia, Bib and the rest other than the Jedi/Sith. I then bought Han for a good price on the bay and decided there is no way I want to cancel the rest. I have since picked up the customer real fur Chewie and am thrilled I did not cancel the other ones.

One thing I did cancel was the Endor troopers bundle. I am not going to collect characters THAT minor.

Yeah, I thought about cancelling Jabba for a brief second, and then I smacked myself back into reality lol! I plan on collecting almost all of the figures in the 12inch line. The only ones I have passed on has been the Endor troopers, just because I really didn't care for the look of them. I will probably pick them up on E-bay somewhere down the line though. When Sideshow releases others from the military line, I do plan on getting them. Bring on the Stormtroopers:D

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Perhaps we could, if it wouldn't be so expensive...

,..unless u have unlimited space,..,.. u really can'y collect it all,.,,. sideshow will never stop producing collectibles,... so people have to drawn the line somewhere,...,. unfortunetly,.... :monkey2

I had to cancel my order for Maul (regular). I’ll have no money left or the very little I have will be spent on Xmas presents for my family. Hopefully after Xmas I will be able to get my hands on one (if there are any left). *worry*

NobleWarrior said:
I had to cancel my order for Maul (regular). I’ll have no money left or the very little I have will be spent on Xmas presents for my family. Hopefully after Xmas I will be able to get my hands on one (if there are any left). *worry*

Maul > Family

Buttmunch said:
:lol Sadly not true. For me Family > Maul. Family = Maul. For you that don't understand math, if your family is greater, your family will get Maul for you :D
:lol Too funny. I wish I could say that about my family. Yet, they don't truly know my Sideshow obsession.

naria said:
:lol Too funny. I wish I could say that about my family. Yet, they don't truly know my Sideshow obsession.

My family knows about it :lol Lets just say I was the kind of person that never stopped buying toys. So it is completly ordinary here. Never really cared for electronic gizmos or clothes that most kids grow into and out of toys. The older I get, the more I appreciate a well done figure (sculpt, paint, articulation, features, etc.) I think my fondness for movies and TV shows is what makes me buy these things. They represent the show they came from and a flood of memories come with them. Plus who else can you count on but your family when for some reason you can't get to a PPO?

I for one can say if Jabba comes out looking like the Prototype, he is going to be the holy grail for just about any Star Wars collector period. At least until something even more impressive comes along. :D

I too have cut back on my collection. The one thing I can't decide is: Do I keep the Endor rebel bundle pack or get them individually. Anyone have any thoughts? And I heard the sculpts are different on the exclusives, is this true?

88th division said:
...And I heard the sculpts are different on the exclusives, is this true?
Thats the first I have heard that. No. I believe the sculpts and accesories are them same for either. The only difference is that you get the bundle pack of all three before the first of the individual soldiers get posted out.

88th division said:
I too have cut back on my collection. The one thing I can't decide is: Do I keep the Endor rebel bundle pack or get them individually. Anyone have any thoughts? And I heard the sculpts are different on the exclusives, is this true?

Well kinda, the Nik and Brant figures are only available from Sideshow. You can get Rodne anywhere though.

Buttmunch said:
I for one can say if Jabba comes out looking like the Prototype, he is going to be the holy grail for just about any Star Wars collector period.

I'm sure many collectors will covet this item for years and years to come.

However, I'm passing on Jabba for a few reasons, some of which I'm sure other SW collectors agree with.

• Jabba's not an appealing character, story-wise or in appearance. I don't want to look at that slimy thing all the time.
  • The required display space is way too much. I'd rather use it for many other collectibles.
  • It is too expensive. I'm not saying it's overpriced; it's just too much money for me to commit to it. I could buy other more attractive things with that money. Maybe a few GG mini-busts and an SS 12" or two.

Back