Can't Believe I just Did This...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonehead15 said:
The head is really kind of lame IMO. It's just not scene specific to the PF's pose. If luke had actually seen the head while he was lugging around Yoda then yes it would be kinda cool. It just seems out of place.
What you didn't know that George was adding that scene.:lol

Bonehead15 said:
The head is really kind of lame IMO. It's just not scene specific to the PF's pose. If luke had actually seen the head while he was lugging around Yoda then yes it would be kinda cool. It just seems out of place.

Actually, that's what I like about it. It works great and tells a story completely on its own. That's how I plan to display it.

The only exclusives that work with the character is Leia and General Grievous. The Luke and Han are almost totally different statues as exclusives. The mouse droid looks kinda silly next to Vader and is a rather insignificant detail in the Saga. If anything I would rather see it offered with Chewie since he was the only character to interact with an Imperial mouse droid. You never saw Obi-Wan defend himself against the training remote although it looks cool but kinda random on its own. It should be with farmboy Luke holding his lightsaber. Lastly, you never saw Boba Fett play frisbee in ESB or ROTJ.

-theropod

pixletwin said:
Well. I am thankful to the Endor Soldiers because they caused some serious soul searching and I have done something I thought I could never do.

I cancelled my preorders for Plo Koon Ex.
Bib Fortuna Ex.
Jabba Throne
Jabba The Hut

I am keeping Leia Boushh and Asajj (of course). But I have decided to narrow my focus down and decided I didn't want Jabba to hog all the display space (I am going to leave that to Emperor Palpatine and his throne room env. when it happens... and it will...). :rock

Dont worry about it Pix, like said before you gotta do what you gotta do. No one can determine the direction and focus of your collection but yourself. There's just so much cool stuff out that sooner or later everyone is going to have to do it to some degree.

theropod said:
Actually, that's what I like about it. It works great and tells a story completely on its own. That's how I plan to display it.

The only exclusives that work with the character is Leia and General Grievous. The Luke and Han are almost totally different statues as exclusives. The mouse droid looks kinda silly next to Vader and is a rather insignificant detail in the Saga. If anything I would rather see it offered with Chewie since he was the only character to interact with an Imperial mouse droid. You never saw Obi-Wan defend himself against the training remote although it looks cool but kinda random on its own. It should be with farmboy Luke holding his lightsaber. Lastly, you never saw Boba Fett play frisbee in ESB or ROTJ.

-theropod

:lol :lol :lol ..great post.

I guess it's a question of personal preferances but it's hard to imagine the "Rebel Troops" taking preferance over "Jabba"...

I only ordered one of those Troops and he's at the bottom of my list. If anything should come up, I assure you that he's the first to go!

:emperor :maul

I just canceled the 12inch Star Wars line. Had it all on preorder. But I'll be sticking with the PF line. The 12 inch line is becoming too much. Had to cut back.

nash said:
No one can determine the direction and focus of your collection but yourself. There's just so much cool stuff out that sooner or later everyone is going to have to do it to some degree.

I agree.

Message boards can be very deceiving in the sense that everyone gets caught up on the excitement. Sometimes it feels like everyone is getting everything and so should you. Nobody wants to miss out on something and then read about it here in pages and pages of threads.

What most people fail to realize is that without direction and space to display this stuff properly it all goes from being a "collection" to just being a pile of "stuff" that you can't show off. What's the point of spending all that money? just to know you own it? At some point all collectors part with some pieces to make room and finance other pieces. Nobody has unlimited space. Sometimes I wonder what the plan is for all these folks that focus on premium format only...

SolidLiquidFox said:
I agree.

Message boards can be very deceiving in the sense that everyone gets caught up on the excitement. Sometimes it feels like everyone is getting everything and so should you. Nobody wants to miss out on something and then read about it here in pages and pages of threads.
Exactly. We get caught up in the "holy grails" of others when the fact of the matter is the vast majority of the collectibles we're talking about here are going to seem like one-of-a-kinds in our actual collections and to anyone who sees them.

Didn't get the Grey Hulk PF? I have a feeling those who are getting the Green won't miss it. Either color you buy will most likely be the only one you and everyone you know in real life will ever see in person. And they both look sweet.

Same with anything from SW or LOTR. People have been *raving* over the Lurtz PF. But if SS releases a PF Gandalf, Aragorn, or Witch King no one is going to view one of those in your collection and go "Cool! But too bad you don't have a statue of that guy who shot Boromir..." :D

Basically whatever you cut your collection down to will still look cool. And the "minimalism" thing is tres chic. :)

Khev said:
Same with anything from SW or LOTR. People have been *raving* over the Lurtz PF. But if SS releases a PF Gandalf, Aragorn, or Witch King no one is going to view one of those in your collection and go "Cool! But too bad you don't have a statue of that guy who shot Boromir..." :D

Glad you brought up Lurtz. It looks like an awesome piece. However, much like the Grievous PF, I can't justify buying him. At that scale and price I decided to pass on him. The character is just not that important to warrant a purchase from me.

I know some people like the aesthetics of a statue enough to make them buy it on it's own merit with no knowledge of the character. However, I feel as these things will eventually pile up in my house I'll start asking myself: "Who is this character again and why is he taking such a prominent space on my display room as this HUGE statue???"

In a few years, where am I gonna put my DC Direct Andy Bergholtz definitive Superman statue? Lurtz and Grievous are nice and all but "feature" space will be at a premium in my home.

I cancelled my Jabba just cos it was so expensive and the shipping made the whole thing just insane. Hopefully at some time I'm come into the cash to buy the whole shebang at once even once its released. In Oz the retailers seem to still have decent levels of stock of SSC Sideshow stuff but its not cheap. It barely cheaper than getting it direct from the US. Not sure who's fault that is - whether its them or SSC ............

I'm thinking about cancelling a few things as well. But, as it has been mentioned before, I will wait until I get the estimated arrival email before making my final decision. I'd hate to cancel something that is sold out, only to change my mind and end up going on the wait list in hopes I get it again that way.

SolidLiquidFox, Khev and LordAzrael made some very good points here.
I'm not surprised that people are canceling items, what ever the reasons may be. I guess it's just an other way of making a choice.
If people have to cancel their older orders, just to finance new orders, there's a problem. IMO, the SW 12" line moves much to fast, and money issues will start to play, sooner or later. The SW 12" figures aren't exactly cheap, (being raised from $50 to $60 in under a year) with Jabba's throne being the absurd climax. I wouldn't mind if SSC slowed down the pace a little. But I'm perfectly aware of the fact that some want Sideshow to move even faster: one new announcement every week in the newsletter...

Alice Adrenochrome said:
SolidLiquidFox, Khev and LordAzrael made some very good points here.
I'm not surprised that people are canceling items, what ever the reasons may be. I guess it's just an other way of making a choice.
If people have to cancel their older orders, just to finance new orders, there's a problem. IMO, the SW 12" line moves much to fast, and money issues will start to play, sooner or later. The SW 12" figures aren't exactly cheap, (being raised from $50 to $60 in under a year)

Which is exactly why I droped my plans to be a completest a long time ago. I passed on Maul, Leia, Plo and the troopers. Just way too much money too fast. I am keeping Jabba though.. I all ready have the $ set aside for him.

I prefer the release pace of the GG maquettes. There are about 4-5 per year and often delayed which works for me. So far I have all of those as I collected them from day one.

The price is also pretty much the same as the 12" figures when preordering through a dealer.

i like the LOTR pace wayyyy better :lol As many of you already know I am selling my whole SW lot and try go keep the ones I only like. But I definitely will try to be a completist of the LOTR. The details on those figures are just extraordinary.

I just collect 1/6 and even so I've canceled plenty in Sideshow's Star Wars line including Mace and Qui-Gon.

With finances how they are for most, it just comes down to picking and choosing. I would think many collectors would have to do the same considering the breadth of the this line and being realistic about collecting. I would think very few of us would be completists in this line.

I'm still happy with Jedi Luke, Hoth Han, Anakin and Obi-Wan and don't regret not getting the others.

I didn't order the Jabba stuff, Plo Koon or Asajj Ventress. Just came down to what I could afford and personal preferences. Aragorn as Strider was very cool and can't wait to add Boromir and Faramir to join him.

But I'm excitedly anticipating the arrival of Darth Maul, Boussh, the Endor Rebel commando, and whatever 2007 may bring ...

this thread needs to be renamed the the agony of cancellation thread.
because i to will be cancelling some things:monkey2 :monkey2

I wonder does Steve Sansweet collect all these high dollar items (from SS/MR/GG/Attakus), into completion? I don't even think he's that crazy.

We've all done it, and will do it again. Feel no shame, just put more energy into enjoying what you already have/can afford and putting them into nice displays than worrying about what we can't have. There is ALWAYS something you can't have.

Remember, you don't have to be all-or-nothing with entire lines. Maybe with certain types of figures. There's nothing wrong with having Boromir next to a couple of Jedis... RIGHT? :confused:

Amanaman said:
I wonder does Steve Sansweet collect all these high dollar items (from SS/MR/GG/Attakus), into completion? I don't even think he's that crazy.

We've all done it, and will do it again. Feel no shame, just put more energy into enjoying what you already have/can afford and putting them into nice displays than worrying about what we can't have. There is ALWAYS something you can't have.

Remember, you don't have to be all-or-nothing with entire lines. Maybe with certain types of figures. There's nothing wrong with having Boromir next to a couple of Jedis... RIGHT? :confused:

I wouldn't doubt high end Lucasfilm reps getting any of the items for free. I know if I was Lucas I would let any good manufactor make stuff, but they'd have to send me one of EVERYTHING.

Amanaman said:

Doesn't Steve have all of the full size replicas? Those were what like $2000 when they cam out I thought. Thats a lot more then what we are buying. Remeber he makes a lot more money then most of us and also makes a lot of money having EVERYTHING.

Back