Can Anyone Vouch for GodofWar?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really weird. He can't provide a tracking number because it was expensive? I don't understand.

I think the Seller was trying to claim that he had not sent the package by a trackable courier, because it was too expensive.. but then totally undermined his own story, by claiming he could get the 'untrackable' package turned around in transit.. obvious fib, is obvious.
It is odd the Seller welched on the deal, since he had previous good feedback and had managed to sell a statue advertised with a damaged arm.. one would have thought he would have made every effort to ensure the deal went smoothly.
:dunno

j97e1 said:
Just 'WOW!'. What a bag of excuses....
Good thing you got the money back, I'm happy for you.
Also, pretty sure the item was never shipped - He is a liar. If the shipping was astronomical, and he didn't get tracking - There is no way in Hell he can stop it at the next point and re-route it to you because there is no traceable 'next point'.
In fact I don't think you can do it even if you have tracking.

In any event - Good for you, and thanks for the warning

Medusoid said:
I'm glad you were able to get your money back.

Taibhse said:
Good to hear PayPal refunded you, it's always disappointing when a deal goes sour, for no obvious reason.. this is a useful reminder of the fact that Buyers should always request trackable shipping, stick to PayPal's 45 day protection, and escalate problems within that time scale.

Thanks guys. I'm glad too eventhough it was such a pain in the ass for the whole month trying to chase him down.

SAB said:
lol this is such a lie.

Medusoid said:
It's really weird. He can't provide a tracking number because it was expensive? I don't understand.

Taibhse said:
I think the Seller was trying to claim that he had not sent the package by a trackable courier, because it was too expensive.. but then totally undermined his own story, by claiming he could get the 'untrackable' package turned around in transit.. obvious fib, is obvious.
It is odd the Seller welched on the deal, since he had previous good feedback and had managed to sell a statue advertised with a damaged arm.. one would have thought he would have made every effort to ensure the deal went smoothly.

Honestly, I initially gave him the benefit of the doubt as I have read his previous feedback, hence I went ahead to deal with him. It just became strange that he would have time to answer some of my message but never a time was he able to spend an extra few seconds to provide me any "real" updates.

Hey guys I wanted to chime in on this. I don't post on the forums much at all but I browse the For Sale threads quite often. I was the buyer lined up to buy this piece before this last transaction.

I thought it was a good deal and was happy to take the piece even with a broken arm. I sent payment on 1/1 as we agreed upon and ended up waiting about a week before I heard anything back. I sent about two messages within that time politely asking what the status was. Out of the blue on 1/6 he refunds my money saying the statue was damaged when he was packing it. Then a few days after that he messages me again asking if I still wanted to buy the statue!? :slap I replied saying I might still consider buying it even if it was more damaged if he was willing to knock the price down. I never heard back from him after that.

I was disappointed not to get the piece but I was lucky I got my refund. It was overall a very strange situation in what is usually a straightforward process. He definitely looks reputable and I saw no reason to doubt his credentials. Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Back