Can Anyone Vouch for GodofWar?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bb_00

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I made a purchase transaction with GodofWar back on Thu Jan 1st on the Sideshow Lady Death Exclusive Version that he had listed at https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...68-sideshow-lady-death-exclusive-version.html

The Paypal has gone through to him on Fri Jan 2nd.

More than a week later on Sat Jan 10th, I decided to reach out to him due to the holidays. I did received an update from him the same day.

His reply was:
I was meaning to email you sooner. I will be shipping today or by Monday morning.
I'm sorry about the delay. Shipping during the week is a hit or miss because of my horrific work schedule.
I haven't signed in on here in a couple of days. I have everything ready to go and will provide all the details once shipped.

Yesterday Tues Jan 13th, I reached out to him asking about whether it's shipped out yet and provide the tracking number. I still haven't heard from him.

It has been 2 weeks now since the Paypal transaction has gone through. I think i have been patience enough to wait for the seller to ship out the package.

Has anyone ever dealt with him. If so, what is your experience? Is he reliable and trustworthy?

Thanks.

I made a purchase transaction with GodofWar back on Thu Jan 1st on the Sideshow Lady Death Exclusive Version that he had listed at https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...68-sideshow-lady-death-exclusive-version.html

The Paypal has gone through to him on Fri Jan 2nd.

More than a week later on Sat Jan 10th, I decided to reach out to him due to the holidays. I did received an update from him the same day.

His reply was:
I was meaning to email you sooner. I will be shipping today or by Monday morning.
I'm sorry about the delay. Shipping during the week is a hit or miss because of my horrific work schedule.
I haven't signed in on here in a couple of days. I have everything ready to go and will provide all the details once shipped.

Yesterday Tues Jan 13th, I reached out to him asking about whether it's shipped out yet and provide the tracking number. I still haven't heard from him.

It has been 2 weeks now since the Paypal transaction has gone through. I think i have been patience enough to wait for the seller to ship out the package.

Has anyone ever dealt with him. If so, what is your experience? Is he reliable and trustworthy?

Thanks.

Even allowing for the Seller's "horrific work schedule" the fact you are having to chase for information and yet despite the Seller's promises, nothing appears to be happening, is not a good sign.. if you do not have accurate, real-time tracking information by the weekend, open a PayPal dispute.. definitely do not accept any excuses, that would take you over the PayPal protection time limit.

Thanks Taibhse for feedback. I have reached out to him once more just now with a strict and firm reply. I have informed him with a 24hr notice. After that, I will open a case via Paypal as well as passing this experience to all the Statue Forums to beware of this seller.

BTW, I'm shocked there are already 58 views but only 1 reply. I guess few of those that dealt with him previously might not be checking here anymore.

you open paypal transaction when it's near the paypal cover period, by then chances of paypal siding you is high, anytime sooner the seller can just claim he already sent the item out and ask you to wait for it. btw keep the email going so you accumulate more evidence.

I'd be mortified if I made someone wait 2 weeks to ship something out. I hope this guy makes it up to you somehow.

BTW, I'm shocked there are already 58 views but only 1 reply. I guess few of those that dealt with him previously might not be checking here anymore.

What other replies do you need?

Who cares if anyone vouches for someone? Does it make any difference, when and if you are ripped off ?

All you need is to remember 2 guidelines, which you should actually make your rules -
1. Never pay as 'gift'.
2. If item not received, open a paypal dispute within the allowed window, regardless if the seller communicated with you or not.

Thanks all you guys for the feedback and tips.

I have messaged him again yesterday stating that he needs to get back to me right away and ship the statue out and provide the tracking number.

This is his reply:

The item was just shipped. I just started a new company requiring me to work awkward hours which is why I could not ship the item any sooner and I apologize. I'll get all the details for you. Rest assure you'll have your item. I don't have anyone on here I've sold something to that I've done wrong to.

He stated that he had just shipped it but cannot spend the extra few seconds to type me the tracking number. I gave him the ultimatum by 7pm tonight if he doesn't provide a tracking number, I will open a dispute via Paypal. I will then pass his information in all the forums and social media to warn all enthusiasts.

I don't remembered whether I paid as "gift" or not. Does anywhere in the Paypal transaction show that? Also, all my communication with him so far is just PMs here. No emails. Is that sufficient for the Paypal case?

You don't need any communication evidence. If you paid for regular merchandise, not 'gift', paypal will ask the seller for proof of shipment, and if the item worth more than $200 - Proof of delivery + signed for.
Seller can't provide proof = You win.

Thanks all you guys for the feedback and tips.

I have messaged him again yesterday stating that he needs to get back to me right away and ship the statue out and provide the tracking number.

This is his reply:

The item was just shipped. I just started a new company requiring me to work awkward hours which is why I could not ship the item any sooner and I apologize. I'll get all the details for you. Rest assure you'll have your item. I don't have anyone on here I've sold something to that I've done wrong to.

He stated that he had just shipped it but cannot spend the extra few seconds to type me the tracking number. I gave him the ultimatum by 7pm tonight if he doesn't provide a tracking number, I will open a dispute via Paypal. I will then pass his information in all the forums and social media to warn all enthusiasts.

I don't remembered whether I paid as "gift" or not. Does anywhere in the Paypal transaction show that? Also, all my communication with him so far is just PMs here. No emails. Is that sufficient for the Paypal case?

For future reference, it is not a good idea to send payment for collectibles as a 'gift', whatever a Seller may say.. effectively it means your payment has no protection.. if you have to pay a little bit extra, because the Seller doesn't want to cover their PayPal costs, then it is worth doing.
I also ask the Seller to send me an itemised PayPal invoice, detailing the collectible/s and any shipping charges, before paying.

Once again, thanks j97e1 and Taibhse. I have just opened a Paypal dispute.

Just a quick update on this...

So after about 1 month of time, I have finally gotten my money back from Paypal. Throughout the 2 weeks of the escalated case period, the seller ignored both Paypal and my messages to him.

Just a heads-up for those who may be thinking of dealing with him in the future just be warned and careful.

Here's his short info:
Handle: GodofWar
Email: [email protected]

Here's the whole case history for those interested:

View dispute comments

1/19/2015 00:50 GMT-05:00 - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
1/19/2015 00:50 GMT-05:00 - Buyer: It has been more than 2 days since the seller said he will refund the money but yet I have not seen any action being done. I have been constantly reaching out to him and yet he has constantly making false promises. Today, after almost 3 weeks since I sent him the money, he has not yet shipped the item, provided any proof of shipment, not refunded the money that he had all promised to do.
1/17/2015 17:01 GMT-05:00 - Buyer: Your previous lack of communication does not help in our transaction. If it takes this amount time to provide some sort of update, this is unacceptable. If that's the case, you should've clearly stated that in your for sale post in the first place.Please proceed in refunding the money and cancel the shipment right away. Please do not take another few weeks for the refund as for within 3 days, I will escalate this dispute due to Paypal automatically close and resolve this dispute.
1/17/2015 16:04 GMT-05:00 - Seller: The statue was shipped a few days ago. I haven't provided tracking because the shipping cost was astronomical to Canada. From the website I only have good reviews. I have been working late, and have not signed on since I didn't feel the need to. As of right now I'm refunding the money and cancelling shipment at next stop. I fear that if anything should break on statue at shipping, I'm going to be in this same scenario of an open case, lose monies and lose statue. I'm refunding you.
1/16/2015 00:14 GMT-05:00 - Buyer: It has been more than 2 weeks since I've Paypal'd you the USD$315 for the Sideshow Lady Death Exclusive Version statue and the last I heard from you was Saturday, January 10th in which I needed to reach out to you first. You have promised me to ship on that day or the following Monday, January 12th. Then I had reached out again on the 13th and 14th asking for the status in which you have replied indicated that the item was shipped but failed to provide me the tracking number.Yesterday, I reached out to you once more indicating that I would give you 24 hours to get back to me on the status and providing the shipping tracking number. It has been well over 24 hours and I have yet heard anything from you.

View case history

Jan 30, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Jan 30, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Jan 30, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
Jan 19, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Jan 19, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
Jan 19, 2015 - Buyer: Dispute escalated to claim
Jan 17, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Jan 17, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
Jan 19, 2015 - Buyer: Dispute filed
Jan 16, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Jan 16, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
Jan 16, 2015 - Buyer: Dispute filed

Just 'WOW!'. What a bag of excuses....
Good thing you got the money back, I'm happy for you.
Also, pretty sure the item was never shipped - He is a liar. If the shipping was astronomical, and he didn't get tracking - There is no way in Hell he can stop it at the next point and re-route it to you because there is no traceable 'next point'.
In fact I don't think you can do it even if you have tracking.

In any event - Good for you, and thanks for the warning :)

Good to hear PayPal refunded you, it's always disappointing when a deal goes sour, for no obvious reason.. this is a useful reminder of the fact that Buyers should always request trackable shipping, stick to PayPal's 45 day protection, and escalate problems within that time scale.

150 days now.

Is that US as well as EU policy now?.. personally, I don't think I would wait beyond the old 45 day limit before taking action, if I believed there was a genuine problem with the transaction.. although it might occasionally be useful to have the extended cover.
I did once buy an Urban Vinyl figure, where the shipping date got delayed through no fault of the Seller.. I arranged a refund, then re-purchased the item to maintain cover, but that was an exceptional case (with a very helpful Seller).

US too now.

I did not realise it had been extended to the US as well.
Tbh, I'm not sure the potential for spending the equivalent of 5 months trying to resolve a problem, is necessarily a good thing, for Buyers, Sellers or PayPal.. and if it delays honest Sellers getting paid, it could be counter productive. I could see the argument for 60 days and possibly 90, but imho 150 seems a tad excessive.. unless it is for a product that comes with a warranty.

As a seller, I'm thinking " w t f ", but as a buyer I am happy. For example, bought a leather jacket. It seemed to be of a good quality, however the stiching started to come apart after 3-4 month of normal wear. Paid $200 for it, and had to pay another $100 locally to fix it. Now, if they had that policy earlier, maybe the seller, who is also the manufacturer of said jacket could have agreed to fix it for me. Instead, the've ignore all my messages till I gave up.

But back to this topic - Yes, good thing he got his money back. I've also asked the local PO guy, he said parcels can't be recalled.

1/17/2015 16:04 GMT-05:00 - Seller: The statue was shipped a few days ago. I haven't provided tracking because the shipping cost was astronomical to Canada. From the website I only have good reviews. I have been working late, and have not signed on since I didn't feel the need to. As of right now I'm refunding the money and cancelling shipment at next stop. I fear that if anything should break on statue at shipping, I'm going to be in this same scenario of an open case, lose monies and lose statue. I'm refunding you.

lol this is such a lie.

Back