Can a glass shelf of a Detolf withstand the weight of a 1:1 T-800 Endo Bust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well some people do put the lifesize Arnold bust on the top and thats over double the recommended weight but on the glass. I wonder if there is much of a difference.

Well some people do put the lifesize Arnold bust on the top and thats over double the recommended weight but on the glass. I wonder if there is much of a difference.

I'm definitely not willing to pay a $500 dollar lesson to find out :eek:

Pics or GTFO...:naughty

I'm definitely not willing to pay a $500 dollar lesson to find out :eek:

IMG_6662.jpg

2 Years in the same spot.

I wouldn't try it with any of my 1:1 Busts. I was okay with my Yoda Bust, but I felt it was too risky after a month on display. I tried my Gen. Grievous Bust once it arrived and immediately took it off the glass after hearing pinging from the supports (it had double glass). I had picked up a Besta with Dioder lights in it's place and temporarily put my PF's in the Detolf's instead while I was trying figure out other solutions.

I opted to spend $60 on a pair of ceramic pillars from a local craft store. They are sturdy enough to hold the busts and they fit in well in my Detolfs. At least I don't have to worry about breakage from this point forward and they look great on display.

I opted to spend $60 on a pair of ceramic pillars from a local craft store. They are sturdy enough to hold the busts and they fit in well in my Detolfs. At least I don't have to worry about breakage from this point forward and they look great on display.

More info on these "ceramic pillars" please. Never heard of those. How much, where you get, and how do they install/help support?

I had the 28 lb Morgul Lord bust in my detolf for a year or so, triple shelved. He took up the top half and the weta Sauron was on the base. It held, though I never quite felt right about it.

yep , your right , I meant the top of the detolf. I'll have to put my Arnold bust on top of one too soon. I'm sure I'll be terrifed at first but hopefully it will be fine. :lol

It will be fine. I have my Pred bust ontop of my detolf and no dramas.

Now this isn't the endoskull but still a weighty piece in itself. I have my Kroenen mask's all but the unmasked bust have sideshow's heavy base and have held well on doubling the glass shelves. Its been like a year also and no issues at all. Was worried at first but no issues a year later. Anyone who owns the sideshow piece knows how heavy the base is. Just to vouch for the glass's strength.

100_2320.jpg

the next detolf l buy the round bars that hold the glass shelfs im going to grind the paint off and re weld the bars my self. l dont trust those little welds to hold a heavy shelf

Back