Can a glass shelf of a Detolf withstand the weight of a 1:1 T-800 Endo Bust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-1188

Super Freak
Reaction score

I'm wondering this myself, I think it likely will if you double up the shelves, you'll have to remove one for it to fit anyway. But I'd rather hear it from someone then try on my own and break a detolf and Endo.

it will do, but there only one way to find out.............. let us know how that goes

Close-up-2-of-broken-glass-742767.jpg

i'm certain it'll hold it...hell when I built my first detolf and I accidentally knocked the thing down on it's side and there was not a single scratch....i was just thankfulk nothing was it in at the moment.

saw a detolf at ikea some time ago.

didn't get it cos it just feels way too flimsy for me.

i definitely wouldn't risk putting such a heavy (and PRECIOUS!) item like the endo bust on that thin glass panel. it might be able to hold the weight, but all it takes is an accidental knock or extra pressure and the glass could give way...

Damn I'm really tempted, coz the bust should be seen at eye level not at the bottom of my display - it sits there unoticed, which is a real shame.

Actually im using another cabinet with thicker glass shelves but nearly 3 times longer and has 5 supporting pegs with rubber tips, should be strong enough I think. I might add another glass shelf onto the other - but won't that stress weight on the supporting pegs?

What's the thickness of the glass? Is it toughened or just float glass (normal)?

If you're worried you could always get a piece of 10mm toughened glass cut to size & use that in place. The supporting pegs will hold it easy. The main concern I would have is that if you the make the detolf unit too top heavy - then a moderate bump could topple it.

The glass shelves of the big cabinet are 6mm thick, where as the Detolf ones are 4mm. I don't know if it's toughened or float glass, all I can say is that the edges are green.

I'm excluding the Detolf, I'll be using the bigger cabinet.

Maybe a photo of it will suffice.

I don't think I'd be too worried about the glass breaking, I'd be more concerned about the supports giving way.

This is the one.

Hmmm, I would assume the shelves in that cabinet are toughened glass, due to the span, but you know what they say about assumptions...

A singular endo skull would sit on that no worries, depends on what else you put up there with it. Rest it on the shelf while you balance it in your hands in the middle front & see how much the glass deflects. More that 3mm (1/8th of an inch) would worry me.

If that's the case put it more near the edge. Although, it is a front & center item in my books.:D

Last edited:
It may hold for a day, a week maybe even a month but how long would it hold. I had the same bust and the same detolf's but decided that I couldn't afford a $500 lesson.

Best not to risk it.

I'm going to display mine on one of these shelves (have one raised a bit to fit the Endo bust):

jzfeqt.jpg

Back