Calling on My Canadian Friends for Food Hook up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Target in Overland Park Kansas a few years back had a box of coffee crisp on the shelves.. it was pretty surprising. They have not had it since.. so must have been a freak chance.

The prices of the items aren't the problem.. its the shipping. My mom can buy me bags of delicious Hostess Hot Bbq Chips from Food Basics for $1.25, but shipping that to Kansas costs around $18 bucks.

Target in Overland Park Kansas a few years back had a box of coffee crisp on the shelves.. it was pretty surprising. They have not had it since.. so must have been a freak chance.

The prices of the items aren't the problem.. its the shipping. My mom can buy me bags of delicious Hostess Hot Bbq Chips from Food Basics for $1.25, but shipping that to Kansas costs around $18 bucks.

From time to time, stores will get items that are not intended for their region. I have seen that happen before. But I have also seen intentional limited sales of stuff not normally in the region, too. Our Targets here did a limited offering of Quisp Cereal about 2 years ago. I was in nostalgia Heaven.

Also...I was introduced to Blue Bell ice cream when I took my family to Outback Steakhouse in CA on my daughter's birthday. When they gave her the ice cream, she liked it so much we all tried it. And when I asked what kind of ice cream it was, the waitress told me "Blue Bell", but it was an accidental shipment intended for an Outback in a state that Blue Bell is normally distributed to.

Too bad for those of us in California.

I have all that stuff here and I don't care for any of it. I could see if I could help out as well. Is there any stipulations for sending certain foods over the boarder?

I still find it rather amusing that Kinder Eggs still are or were banned from entering the US. Like really?!

This is the place I use https://www.canadianfavourites.com/default.asp

If you "like" them on facebook you can get a pretty good coupon.. but you will need at least a 50$ order.

Ill be loading up for the season when I visit home in August.. a trip to the Toronto Costco to load up on boxes of smarties/kitkat and aero.

I have all that stuff here and I don't care for any of it. I could see if I could help out as well. Is there any stipulations for sending certain foods over the boarder?

I still find it rather amusing that Kinder Eggs still are or were banned from entering the US. Like really?!

Yeah, I was going to say, no kinder eggs. I get kinder bars at the Indian store here near me. My heb has smarties and aero. Kitkat can be found everywhere.

Yeah but Canadian Kit Kat's taste better. The chocolate is different or something. I had one on my last cross-border trip and I couldn't even finish the US version. Bleh.

Yes it is different. It is real chocolate.

Not the chocolate flavored wax you buy here in the states. :cuss

My family isn't very reliable, especially when helping me out. It feels terrible, trust me.

I was really hoping some of you beautiful Canadian Friends could get me some stuff, over time, that I miss. Yes, I will pay for it.

Here is my list:

Coffee Crisp
Lays ketchup chips
Ruffles Sour cream and bacon
Lays dill pickle
Ruffles all dressed
Clodhoppers
Nanaimo bars
Diana bbq sauce original but needs to be transferred to plastic cause the glass is heavy!

I'm sure there is more but my brain died.

I don't need it all at once or anything. Would just love to have my favorites again.

Let me know if you are in.

Thank you in advance.

See folks this is how you ask for help! No crappy using a kid with health issues BS!

Now let me check your need list.

I just think you all rock. Beeshaw has agreed to help with round one. I'm so excited and thankful.

Pringles actually makes really good Dill Pickle chips. And someone else, I think Herrs makes Ketchup chips. I love em...

Damn you people for that link. They sell the Zesty Cheese Doritos which are the best Doritos ever. They are essentially normal Nacho Doritos but they put on about 4 times the amount of cheese.

British Nestle Chocolate is OK in a pinch.. but its no Canadian Nestle.

First of all, the British readily available in US specialty shop Smarties contain an "orange chocolate" flavor that completely ruins the Smartie experience. It was like russian roulette eating. Blech.

KitKat in the US is made by Hershey, whereas my beloved Canadian KitKat is made by Nestle.

Some of the other things to cherish are Mirage bars. Mm. I still have some from last year but I am saving them for a special occasion.

One other fun tidbit is that Canadian Special K is much better than American Special K.. the flakes are smaller and are less "corn flake" like in Canada. I always keep a few boxes on standby.

Yeah, I was going to say, no kinder eggs. I get kinder bars at the Indian store here near me. My heb has smarties and aero. Kitkat can be found everywhere.

You want to get into Canadian cereal vs. USA? The Cornpops in America are terrible. :lol

I had my parents bring us a box from Canada and Jenn was like....omg, these are so much better. First of all, corn pops in Canada are round, not odd shaped like they are here. Second, they taste completely different, better.

The only cereal that I desperately miss from Canada is French Toast crunch. It tastes amazing and is shaped like little toast. What's not to love?

Besides cereal, there are so many food places that I miss going to. I know a lot of people don't understand the fuss over Swiss Chalet, but I happen to love it. I do have packages of the sauce but it's not the same as going with your family and eating there.

The Chinese food there is so, so much better. I miss the Yummy House and their amazing chicken ball.s and lemon chicken. You cannot get the same flavor here whatsoever.

However, there are a lot of great food places here that cannot compete with other places in Canada. So, it's a toss up. Oh, the Greek Food and Indian food is better in Canada, too. I've lived in TN and TX and haven't found anything to compare to any of the listed stuff.

Good luck finding the amazing burritos and bbq in Canada that I do here though.

Your guys' Butterfingers blows our canadian version away. So much more buttery - it's crazy! I also would love to try cookie crisp cereal.

Back