Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure where you are basing your arguments on here, but it seems you are stuck in a time warp. It is true that COD 4 was the COD game that catapulted the series into the main stream juggernaut it is today. But what held true when COD 4 and WAW were the only two out post COD 4 doesn't hold up today. Call of Duty 4 was the superior game to World at War, that's not to say WAW was bad. In fact it did a lot right and a lot different and even gave us the beloved Nazi Zombie game mode.

But Treyarch (not terarchy or whatevs) isn't just the filler anymore...and after two solid entries one even even bestest the previois this claim does not hold true. After IW dropped the ball with MW2 and disbanded most of their staff, Treyarch struck back with Black Ops which crushed MW2 sales..and might I add bested the game in every area.

If Black Ops is a wanna be of MW2 than that means that MW2 is a wanna be of WAW, which is a wanna be of COD4...and so on. Every game that comes out expounds upon the gameplay and takes the advancements of the last game and builds on them, introducing some new mechanics as well. That doesn't mean that one game is a wanna be of the other. They sequels for christ sake.

The truth is in fact that MW2 is a cheap & inferior wanna be of COD4. People threw money at it just because it was the direct sequel to Infinity Wards masterpiece...but in the end many weren't satisfied with the product and they shouldn't be.

I feel you never played a COD game before 4 and you like MW2 because it supports the rapid fire controllers, and caters to campers and thus is easier. Anyone can rack up a kill count on MW2 easy, but dominating because a game is easier doesn't always mean more fun.

You can prefer MW2 to other games (though I have no idea why someone would ever, ever do that), but to claim that Black Ops is a wanna be of MW2, and WAW multiplayer was a waste of time makes you sound like an ignorant IW fanboy, and that just because other COD games are developed by another team means they instantly aren't worth your time.

But I'm also reading that you still think that MW2 was the biggest and record setting COD to date.

I have some news for you, MW3 probably won't be as good as 2, and 2 doesn't even hold a candle to the first. The formula is so deluded and tired by now that MW3 might be the worst entry in the series yet...but yet it will still sell because of gamers like you.

never played COD game ???? before I continue, how old are you?

my friend I played the first COD game on pc the day it came out.
when only the great FPS's where on pc (no consoles)

I have being playing fps's way longer then you.
since the first fps's Wolfenstein 3D

I dont even think you know what it is so...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/C00n4rDUMNo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/C00n4rDUMNo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I loved all call of duty's I owen them all right now.
I was just getting tierd of WW2 games since I have played evry single FPS out there
all the medal of honors, all the Wolfenstein's
It was great to see COD series change and go to MW. I love change.
it seems to me that you could not adapt to the fast pace of MODERN WARFARE so you hate it.

never played COD game ???? before I continue, how old are you?

my friend I played the first COD game on pc the day it came out.
when only the great FPS's where on pc (no consoles)

I have being playing fps's way longer then you.
since the first fps's Wolfenstein 3D

I dont even think you know what it is so...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/C00n4rDUMNo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/C00n4rDUMNo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I loved all call of duty's I owen them all right now.
I was just getting tierd of WW2 games since I have played evry single FPS out there
all the medal of honors, all the Wolfenstein's
It was great to see COD series change and go to MW. I love change.
it seems to me that you could not adapt to the fast pace of MODERN WARFARE so you hate it.

So wait you ask me how old I am, then state you have been playing FPS games way longer than me? You realize you can't make such a claim without knowing right? And whats the basis of argument due to age all about? You really can't be that ignorant can you? Your comparison towards COD games and Treyarch's (which you don't even care enough to spell right) indicates to me that you can care less unless IW is the developer of a COD game.

TI couldn't adapt to the fast paced MW games? LOL, dude when I stopped playing COD4 I was about to go into 9th prestige. I love the first MW to death, it's my favorite FPS game I have ever played. I hated 2 so much because being such a huge fan of the first it was hard not to be let down by it. I love COD4 MW, but I hate MW2...they toyed with formula and changed so much that it ruined the gameplay. They went killstreak crazy, and killstreaks counted toward more killstreaks, which lead to the majority of people camping in a corner and letting killstreaks get all the kills...then those same people would end a match 30 and 2 and think they were good.

If that's the kind of FPS you enjoy, I question your taste in games. Oh I'm a quarter of a century old, and remember being there in the early 90s playing Wolfenstein, Doom, and Duke Nukem for the first time on the PC, so don't throw that up to me like it's a badge of honor for you. You have offended me, the COD series, and the FPS genre.

*Side Note- Solid brought up a point I've seen mentioned before as far as W@W and Black Ops. I'm talking about the gun reload times in both being slower than MW or MW2. Well, the guns are older style guns especially with W@W. You wouldn't get the same reload times in real life with a WW2 weapon as you would a MW type gun I would venture to guess and the same would be true if you took a Civil War gun compared to a WW2 gun.

I think I remember this discussion. I makes perfect sense IMO. I've seen it on the History channel when they have the weapons experts at the range with the MP40 and other weapons from older eras. Of course it would take longer to load/reload one of those guns. Sure, experts and people in the military would be proficient from repetitious use of the weapon, but they would also be noticeably longer to load no matter.

So wait you ask me how old I am, then state you have been playing FPS games way longer than me? You realize you can't make such a claim without knowing right? And whats the basis of argument due to age all about? You really can't be that ignorant can you? Your comparison towards COD games and Treyarch's (which you don't even care enough to spell right) indicates to me that you can care less unless IW is the developer of a COD game.

TI couldn't adapt to the fast paced MW games? LOL, dude when I stopped playing COD4 I was about to go into 9th prestige. I love the first MW to death, it's my favorite FPS game I have ever played. I hated 2 so much because being such a huge fan of the first it was hard not to be let down by it. I love COD4 MW, but I hate MW2...they toyed with formula and changed so much that it ruined the gameplay. They went killstreak crazy, and killstreaks counted toward more killstreaks, which lead to the majority of people camping in a corner and letting killstreaks get all the kills...then those same people would end a match 30 and 2 and think they were good.

If that's the kind of FPS you enjoy, I question your taste in games. Oh I'm a quarter of a century old, and remember being there in the early 90s playing Wolfenstein, Doom, and Duke Nukem for the first time on the PC, so don't throw that up to me like it's a badge of honor for you. You have offended me, the COD series, and the FPS genre.

ok man listen let's stop this before it get's out of hand.
I get the point you dont like MW2 Fair enogh.

ok man listen let's stop this before it get's out of hand.
I get the point you dont like MW2 Fair enogh.

Well a lot of people don't, but that wasn't my point. My point was you are being unfair of the Treyarch ventures which are just as good and deserving as the IW games, and some are even better. But saying Black Ops multiplayer is a wanna be, or WAW was a waste of time when they are the exact same as COD4 and MW2 is ridiculous.

People really brought up for real?

Like a bolt action rifle in WW2 is going to have the same reload speed as M16? :slap

Yeah, it was. Heard them when playing online as well.

That was always my question is that do you think a bolt action rifle will reload at the same speed.

I think I remember this discussion. I makes perfect sense IMO. I've seen it on the History channel when they have the weapons experts at the range with the MP40 and other weapons from older eras. Of course it would take longer to load/reload one of those guns. Sure, experts and people in the military would be proficient from repetitious use of the weapon, but they would also be noticeably longer to load no matter.

Exactly! Its just gonna be harder to reload these guns. I think thats why some don't like it. I've enjoyed all the COD games but you have to expect them if you want realism to be what it was or is like.

I actually agree with alot of what starkiller is saying. Call of duty 2 was magic and put the consoles multiplayer on the map. cod 3 disappointed badly and then came cod 4 which was and still is the bench mark. I actually think treyarch did a really good job of waw and then came mw2 which disappointed me. I just think the series has lost its way and maybe lost its magic and because of the success of cod 4, the series will always shift copies. For me the games are so unbalanced and unrealistic now and i find the gift packages... a little silly and crazy. I dont like guys running around with 2 hand guns or 2 shot guns and the quick snipe just doesnt happen. Im not going to start a whole new argument but i feel the cod series could learn alot from what battlefield has achieved. Black ops is a good game but iv put it down and found myself not wanting to pick it up. Im just so glad ign didnt do what they always do and score black ops so high as i think its needing a much needed kick up the backside.

I have to also agree with a lot of what Starkiller has said. Most of the comments he makes I kinda disagree with, but in the case of COD, he is pretty much spot on. COD2 was the first real first person shooter I'd ever played online, besides stuff like Doom and the sorts on the PC. Now I consider myself an older gamer (31) so I generally only get into a title or two a year...COD being one of them. I didn't play much online with COD4 or W@W, although both were stellar games. I went through a faze just around when COD4 and W@W were released where I played very little multiplayer. When MW2 I told myself I wouldn't change my multiplayer habits and would stick to the campaign and SpecOps mode only, but after playing a few rounds of TDM, I was hooked! I racked up about 350 hours of multiplayer on MW2 before I decided to go back to COD4 and W@W and I realized I was really missing out! Now fast forward to Black Ops...its the best of all them really, balanced guns, fun multiplayer, no noob tubes, no commando/lightweight/marathon. That's not to say that Black Ops doesn't have it's problems, but all in all, its probably the best game of the series (tied with COD4). That being said, for some stupid reason, I find myself wanting to get a copy of MW2 for my PS3. As much as I hated the crap in the game, I can't quit thinking about it. It's like a crack addiction. For me MW2 was not easiest (my K/D stayed around 1.25 while COD4, W@W, and Black Ops I have a 1.5 K/D). I think the thing that makes me want to go back to MW2 was the flow of the game and the guns...I loved the guns!

Dont get me wrong i think black ops is a very good game. To me it almost feels like a mw2 add on but i cant help feeling its a bit lazy.
I kinda liked the customisations at first but then on the other hand it feels over customised.

I dumped my copy of Black Ops as soon as I finished the SP campaign, I didnt like the Multiplayer at all, the single player seemed to be trying too hard to be trippy, but it was still a decent waste of time.
FPS games are pretty much PC only for me. Ive never been a big fan of FPS on the consoles, flip-floppin those bloody mini joysticks around to finally put the crosshair on some is exasperating to me when Im so used to a mouse and KB.
I do have a Frag FX controller, it works OK, but never will it have the same feel or accuracy as a mouse/kb combo for me.

Black Ops is all over the news here in the UK because of server issues and people wanting money back because they can't get online. It's pretty crazy what makes headline news these days. I traded my copy in for GT5 ( equally as crap as COD IMO) so the issues don't bother me but still the franchise was stale 2 years ago.

l agree. l wasn't able to get online on black ops either. not sure if it was the free trial live card l was using, or if it was that my router NAT setting is on strict. it was fine for every other Call of duty. Modern Warfare was great, didn't like the second one or Black Ops from what l played. even World At War wasn't that great. Call Of Duty 2 and the first Modern Warfare are still the best.

l agree. l wasn't able to get online on black ops either. not sure if it was the free trial live card l was using, or if it was that my router NAT setting is on strict. it was fine for every other Call of duty. Modern Warfare was great, didn't like the second one or Black Ops from what l played. even World At War wasn't that great. Call Of Duty 2 and the first Modern Warfare are still the best.

You can't blame the game for your poor connection.

Black Ops is fun, but I love the Modern Warfare story. And the way they did things was just great to me.

the funny thing is that the COD series is popular now because of infinity ward's Modern Warefare series.

terarchy (whatever) are there to fill in the gap. just to give you a COD title.
give infinity ward time to bring a masterpiece out.

ex: COD 3= poop
COD MW = masterpiece
COD World at war = single player(ok) multi (waste of time)
COD MW2 = The biggest COD producion yet. set records world wide.
COD Black Ops = single player (fun) multi (wanna be MW2)
COD MW3 =

I have to disagree with this. Black Ops is pretty revolutionary when it comes to COD, due to the currency system, wager matches, the theater mode, (renewed) zombies, extensive gun customization... It's hard calling this a wannabe-anything.

I have to disagree with this. Black Ops is pretty revolutionary when it comes to COD, due to the currency system, wager matches, the theater mode, (renewed) zombies, extensive gun customization... It's hard calling this a wannabe-anything.

Seems that SOLIDSNAKE has something negative about every COD made by Treyarch. So I'd say his opinion is biased.

Back