Cadaver202's Star Wars Customs - Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job on both, like Barryo said, the flexibility and pose-ability of both really look fantastic, btw can see your HT USCM ready to go!
NIIIIIICE!

Thanks guys!!

the boots are made with a double layer of nylon and a double layer of diaper cotton (un-used of course!) to give it some bulk. I'm happy how they turned out.

my USCM is all ready to go! I posted pictures in the USCM build thread, I'm pretty excited about it.

Just one, maybe two. I'm gonna make one thats my own concept of how I would want my marine to look. I might try to make a Hicks too.
how many are you gonna be building? I can't wait to see a photo story with them!

The whole squad bar Apone. Four grunts, two smart gunners.
Already have Ripley, Powerloader and Vaz, Lady-Dorgs has Drake, PWL and Rip too. Hoping to get custom Hicks and Hudson heads too, if not, that Gyllenhall head you're using looks awesome.

Dorgs is thinking like you, wants a concept marine, he's in love with the black version.

A black version would be cool! I was going to use the standard camo pattern but with my own markings on them. I do like they Gyllenhall head for the marine. I hope Dorgs gets some helmets done too. I'm working on my own but I'm stuck on the back neck flaps.

your squad is gonna look great. do you have some aliens to accompany them?

Few months back, went on a mission, to find a Big Chap, and then managed to snag a Alien warrior, how bout you?

I got a warrior alien and a grid alien. I picked them both up for $150 a year after there release. the hobby shop here was having a clearance sale. I wasn't to crazy on the grid alien, but for $50 bucks, I couldn't pass.

I was thinking of selling my aliens because I didn't have any marines. I'm glad you and dorgs are going the armor build.

I got a warrior alien and a grid alien. I picked them both up for $150 a year after there release. the hobby shop here was having a clearance sale. I wasn't to crazy on the grid alien, but for $50 bucks, I couldn't pass.

I was thinking of selling my aliens because I didn't have any marines. I'm glad you and dorgs are going the armor build.

Nah man, its all Dorgs, he's doing all the heavy lifting, I just watch and marvel!

Trying to get my snowy boots sorted and I think yours look great. Might have to borrow a few ideas. Love the scout too! Keep em coming!

thanks! If you want a more detailed description just let me know. its actually fairly easy and only requires a bit of sewing.

thanks! If you want a more detailed description just let me know. its actually fairly easy and only requires a bit of sewing.

Anything you could tell me or share with me would be greatly appreciated as I've been stuck on the boots for a while now!

Thanks,

Jay.

Well I used a sideshow armored body for my so it might be slightly different depending on which body you are using.

Materials
-sandtrooper/stormtrooper feet
-white nylon fabric
-diaper cotton or fleece
-sewing machine
-boots with soles that can be removed
-strips or styrene
-white paint
-white elastic
-fine warn

I got a pair of sandtrooper feet and sculpted the rough shape of what the boots toe would look like. It doesn't have to be detailed as it will be covered in fabric anyways. Here is mine at that stage...

a334b1aa.jpg

Make sure that you fill in the space between the heel and sole is filled in. This is the base of the boot.

Next you need to make the fabric parts. My boots are actually 2 parts, the top and the bottom and are joined behind the bottom strap. For the bottom that raps around the foot, cut a rectangle piece of nylon that will wrap around the feet you made earlier. Then cut out a notch in the back so the fabric will fit around the peg and meet in the back. once you cut that hole you will need to sew on the strip that runs to the toe. on the front side of the piece, cut it into a semi circle and cut lines into it every half inch or so. This is for when you are gluing the fabric to the shoe.

When you are happy with the look of the bottom its time to glue it down. I just used super glue but in very little amounts. Start by gluing the 2 back flaps that wrap around the peg to the back of the heel. Make sure you fold over one end of the flap so that it doesn't have a rough edge. After thats done, start gluing down the outside edges. start with the toe and work your way around. Make sure you pull the fabric tight so there aren't any wrinkles.

Once you get both feet done like this take a pair of boots like you like the sole of and remove it from those boots and glue it to the bottom of your boots. You might want to paint them white first. Then wrap a strip of styrene around the boot where the sole meets the fabric.

I'll do the second part a little later. Its a bit easier.

maybe he coerces a chuffin' puffin to do it fuffin..

great job Cadaver and nice tutorial.

Excellent guide, I can't wait to try and get these done.

How can boots be so hard to get right!!!

Back