Cadaver202's Star Wars Customs - Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadaver202

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I am starting my first full on star wars custom and I though I might as well start a thread. I started doing customs that were actually good about a year and a half ago. It all started with Firefly customs which led me to making all kinds of customs.

to start of, I've decided to make a snowtrooper. After seeing all the great ones on here, I just needed to tackle one of my own. I have a Hasbro snowtrooper on the way... once the Canada post strike is over... and once that gets here I will have some armor to work with. This is what I have so far... Enjoy!

bb52255d.jpg

db976e17.jpg

a256080f.jpg

Sorry for the iphone pictures, I don't know where the memory card is for the camera. I will take better ones soon.

I made the trench coat myself with a little help from a cosplay forum and pictures of the actual costume. I am going to attempt to make boots as well (we will see how that goes!) because I am not happy with the Hasbro ones.

everything else but the trench coat and DLT-19, are temporary, the head might stay.

any advise or feedback would be awesome!

the trench coat is an interesting approach. looking forward to what you do with the rest of him.

After a little bit of digging I found that the skirt is actually a trench coat so I thought I would give it a go. Thanks for the comments! I'll keep the thread up to date.

Awesome! Yeah, I saw those pics, too. Some show a trench coat, some show a long coat without arms, but this already looks genuine.
You do sewing? You do comissions? Or you have some sort of sewing pattern?

I do sew a bit yes. I made a pattern for this based off at cosplay sketch that someone did for the coat. I don't really do commissions, but I don't mind helping people out from time to time.

Lookin ace!!!! Great idea to do the trench coat! Mush have taken you ages :) and like The Gent says if you could put a sewing pattern up folks would love it I am sure :)

I actually knocked that one out today as well as making the pattern! its a fairly simple pattern other then the rounded edges at the bottom. the coat its self probably took 3 hours or so.

I did a test to see if I could make cloth boots... I came to the conclusion that sculpting the bottom and making a cloth top is the best way. Now I just need the Postal strike to be over so I can actually get all my parts!

I can see if I can get the pattern up for you folks. just needs some detailing.

Would love to have the pattern really to get some european snowies dressed up correctly!
If you intend to spread the love, pm me!
Maybe you're interested in the pattern of the Biker Scout Trooper Cummerbund?

I'm at the same point as you just starting out on this figure.

I have butchered up my Hasbro figure but I need a body.

What body is that you are using and are they Sandtrooper feet with Stormtrooper Hands?

Thanks,

Jay.

Looking good so far. I like the trenchcoat, its gonna look great with the armor over it.

Looking forward to seeing your take on the boots and facemask.

Would love to have the pattern really to get some european snowies dressed up correctly!
If you intend to spread the love, pm me!
Maybe you're interested in the pattern of the Biker Scout Trooper Cummerbund?

I will pm you as soon as I scan the pattern. do you mean am I interested in making a pattern for a biker scout or that you have it and am I interested in having it? either way, I will be making a biker scout sometime down the line once I start my job and start making some money.

I'm at the same point as you just starting out on this figure.

I have butchered up my Hasbro figure but I need a body.

What body is that you are using and are they Sandtrooper feet with Stormtrooper Hands?

Thanks,

Jay.

I am gonna be using a SS armor body. the body, hands and feet are all from my stromtrooper. I just wanted to get started. I will be using sandtrooper hands, feet and body. my plan is to sculpt over the boots then sew the top part of the boots and attach it. The hands will be painted white.

Looking good so far. I like the trenchcoat, its gonna look great with the armor over it.

Looking forward to seeing your take on the boots and facemask.

I'm excited to see what I can do with the facemask. Not actually having the helmet in hand kind of sucks but I got some ideas. I have some thin pleather that I am gonna try, and if thats to thick, I am gonna hunt down some .3mm latex sheet.

Best bodies to go with the slightly oversized Hasbro armour is definitely a Marmit body, because the shoulders fall down and so the shoulder bells look great. I bought an ACI body, packed my Marmit Tie Pilot outfit on and used the Marmit on the Snowie.

About the pattern: I can give you the Biker Scout cummerbund patterns in return for the trench. One hand washes the other, like we say here I'm germany ...

I would be ok with that. I don't know how detailed yours is but mine is fairly basic.

I'm gonna try the SS pro body as I already ordered it. If it looks stupid I'll rethink it. Thanks for the tips!

Best bodies to go with the slightly oversized Hasbro armour is definitely a Marmit body, because the shoulders fall down and so the shoulder bells look great. I bought an ACI body, packed my Marmit Tie Pilot outfit on and used the Marmit on the Snowie.

About the pattern: I can give you the Biker Scout cummerbund patterns in return for the trench. One hand washes the other, like we say here I'm germany ...

Why not just post Viv's cummerbund pattern on the forum so anybody who needs can it use it?

I can't ask Vivisect, but Mark lend me the cb so he should give his okay.
If it's okay, I'll happily make it public!

I can't ask Vivisect, but Mark lend me the cb so he should give his okay.
If it's okay, I'll happily make it public!

pretty sure it will be ok with mark. afterall that's what this section is about........freaks helping freaks out. but damn do we need vivisect back............he is a missed person & was a great asset to us all.......:monkey2

Gent, it's my cummerbund, I sent it to Mark. Totally sure it will be okay. :)

Last edited:
Back