Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping the two droids would ship together as well.

I preordered this through Popcultcha (Australia) as a set with the R2-D2, at a lower combined price.

At the time it was much cheaper then ordering direct through Sideshow; but now even with the 'combined' discount plus utlising any possible 10% codes on both sides, the price comes out about even because the AUD has appreciated in the last few months.

Probably have to wait about a month longer to get the statues locally.

I wonder if they're making R2's base smaller? As it appears quite a bit bigger then C3POs.

Sorry, don't have a better camera but some quick shots of the new base and 3P0. I missed out on the previous version so can't say if/what any changes where made to the actual 3P0 but happy with the new base. Looks great. Got #63 which might be one of my lowest numbers yet too.
base number.jpg3p0 front.jpg3po casse.jpg3po front full.jpg3p0 side.jpgbase side.jpgbase.jpg

I will never understand why consistent bases is not part of SS's approach to their lines. Figure looks great, the base sticks out like a sore thumb though.

I will never understand why consistent bases is not part of SS's approach to their lines. Figure looks great, the base sticks out like a sore thumb though.

The originals had the consistent bases. The Ex's came on black round bases and the regs came on a round base with sand on top.

The base to these new droid PF's don't even look right when they're put next to each other. :lol

My C-3PO arrived yesterday. Looks good. One thing bothered me, and that's the little bolt or rod on top of his head. I never actually noticed it before when watching the movies and thought it was a mistake, but checking out some photos showed me it's part of his features.

I'm really pleased with him and just waiting for R2-D2 to ship. Part of me thinks I should buy Darth Vader to go with them, but the other part thinks I should get the Sand Trooper who finally realizes "These WERE the droids I was looking for."

Just ordered the Sand Trooper. I presume those skeletons around his feet are womb rats.

Back