Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please show some better pics.. they look so toyish on those pictures so far :(

I think there is something about Sideshow's license which does not allow them to release smaller characters by themselves. I vaguely recall them saying something about Yoda, and how they always had to pair him with a fullsize figure (clone trooper and Luke) in order to release him as a premium format. So the chances of getting an R2 by himself are probably pretty slim.

I think they look fantastic and can't wait to add them to my other PFs. I'm really hoping SS lets me do my last flex early. :pray:

I feared the neck of 3PO would be to thin in the final product. But in these pictures it isn't as bad as in the product pics from SS.
Can't wait for more pics of 3PO's head. The flash and bad lightning doesn't really show how the eyes look.

I think there is something about Sideshow's license which does not allow them to release smaller characters by themselves. I vaguely recall them saying something about Yoda, and how they always had to pair him with a fullsize figure (clone trooper and Luke) in order to release him as a premium format. So the chances of getting an R2 by himself are probably pretty slim.

Yep, that's what I remember hearing also which is sad since I'd really like a Yoda "standalone" PF. Hopefully this restriction in the license can be lifted now that Disney owns the rights to Star Wars :pray:

Yep, that's what I remember hearing also which is sad since I'd really like a Yoda "standalone" PF. Hopefully this restriction in the license can be lifted now that Disney owns the rights to Star Wars :pray:

From what I remember it has something to do with the fact that technically Yoda and R2 are "props" and the license does not allow them to make props. They are licensed to replicate "characters," so joining Yoda and R2 with an actual character is what allows them to reproduce these 2. That's just what I remember, someone is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong!

And I am very excited about these 2! The delays should be worth it!

From what I remember it has something to do with the fact that technically Yoda and R2 are "props" and the license does not allow them to make props. They are licensed to replicate "characters," so joining Yoda and R2 with an actual character is what allows them to reproduce these 2. That's just what I remember, someone is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong!!

Well, they did a Yoda 1/6 figure and will release a second one this year....

Well crap! maybe I am mistaken then! Haha, I'm sure I heard that somewhere!

No, you got it right.
The 1/6 figures and 1/4 line of statues have separate costituents governing their reproductions in the collectibles industry.

You're correct in that Yoda is a 'prop' in 1/4 scale.

Wait. R2 is considered a prop but 3PO is a character? Why? In reality they both had actors inside operating them. Maybe because R2 only communicated in computerized beeps and boops. But that's droid discrimination.

Back