Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes:horror! 750 for a plastic R2, I'm not so sure about this piece anymore.

I know the comparison is used a bit but look at the Sauron PF, it's a monster and it's insanely detailed and fully sculpted all for 100 or so more.

Star Wars is expensive, I get that but I'm not sure if I'm willing to cop it on this one guys and gals.

Don't look at the $$ and u will like it. I would suggest look at the real thing and decide. Provided still available :)

Yikes:horror! 750 for a plastic R2, I'm not so sure about this piece anymore.

I know the comparison is used a bit but look at the Sauron PF, it's a monster and it's insanely detailed and fully sculpted all for 100 or so more.

Star Wars is expensive, I get that but I'm not sure if I'm willing to cop it on this one guys and gals.

I think I have to agree.... I was really playing to sell my IM Mark VI to afford those guys.. but I have a feeling I would regret it

Nice! Looks very nice to me. The plastic is a problem ? Not for me, sure. I have Boba Fett PF in my collection and Han Solo in Carbonite PF too, and both likes me a lot, even if they aren´t polystone. I don´t value the figures by the weight, not for the tact, if they look cool to me is enough.

mywii, just a question. You can measure exactly how many centimeters measure each droid ? And the diameter of the base?

Thanks.

Exactly. In hand will be epic. As long as the paint and light look great ill be happy. They had to be in my collection so this is my big purchase. Oh well.

not having a problem with plastic at all.. but please dont overcharge it then.. I think if they are all lightweight plastic (and you have the cheap feeling of them) .. I can not justify myself to pay almost $800 incl. shipping...

not having a problem with plastic at all.. but please dont overcharge it then.. I think if they are all lightweight plastic (and you have the cheap feeling of them) .. I can not justify myself to pay almost $800 incl. shipping...

With all due reapect how do you know they are overcharging? With licensor approval and R & D I don't think you or I could accurately determine what these two would cost.

Yes, the price could be lower. In it I give you the whole reason. But a problem for me is the Chewbacca PF, look horrible with the cuts he have in his arm. I think is all polystone, but for me is a worse result. I prefer plastic with good look that polystone with horrible cuts. The droids are expensives ? I don´t know, maybe.

Last edited:
With all those moving parts guess it has to be plastic. So I guess it's a trade off. Agree they shouldnt charge so high. But guys we are at their mercy. Unless hot toys or enterbay produce 1/4 but then these companies are charging 400 for a 1/4 figures. Crazy man.

With all due reapect how do you know they are overcharging? With licensor approval and R & D I don't think you or I could accurately determine what these two would cost.

how do I know ? Common sense...and comparison to other similar products

I have yet to see a SS product with led lighting effects like this? That why I think they chose plastic for r2 honestly.

Ha ha how I wish I am at comic con. Nope I am at home. Mayb I am nearer to china. Understand reg Vers r all shipped from China. I m in Malaysia.

Yes I am happy with it. I am really happy with lights in R2 as 3 of the lights is like moving lights that u see it in the movie. What I don't like is to on the lights on c3po eyes u have to open the front face plate which is attach with magnet. Overall I m happy with it. Note. It's light though on both. R2 is complete plastic but doesn't look plastic at all.

can u put loads more pictures up thanks j

No lost hope yet, but weathering really should look more like the proto... otherwise :mad: :gah: :crying

Back