Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late to the party on these...

How big a hurry do I need to preorder these? Are they likely to be around for a while? Even better, is this a piece where playing the long game could result in good deals on them down the road? I can be patient, but I don't order enough Sideshow to know which pieces are going to truly sell out quickly. Any thoughts?

Normally I can be patient and wait but I just love these two and have to have them in my collection now. I do wish I could wait though as there is a lot out and coming. Oh well, It's only money. :lol

Late to the party on these...

How big a hurry do I need to preorder these? Are they likely to be around for a while? Even better, is this a piece where playing the long game could result in good deals on them down the road? I can be patient, but I don't order enough Sideshow to know which pieces are going to truly sell out quickly. Any thoughts?
I wouldn't worry about getting your pre-order in right away. They're limited edition so should be available for awhile. I don't know how much cheaper they're likely to get on the secondary market but depending where you live I'm sure you can pick them for up for less than what you would pay directly from Sideshow.

Cool, thanks guys. I'll probably wait for in hand pics. I'll get my droid fix from my Threepio bust in one more flex pay.

Hey guys, I have been on the sidelines for a while waiting to get into starwars stuff and like these, I guess you all would recommend these but are there any other things that are must haves?
I know that's a long answer for some, but I'm mainly looking for the larger stuff that would display in a movie theater setting, like these figures and even the PF storm trooper. I wont have that much space as I'm into terminator and batman as well so I'm just looking for the really good pieces I can spoon with.

Hey guys, I have been on the sidelines for a while waiting to get into starwars stuff and like these, I guess you all would recommend these but are there any other things that are must haves?
I know that's a long answer for some, but I'm mainly looking for the larger stuff that would display in a movie theater setting, like these figures and even the PF storm trooper. I wont have that much space as I'm into terminator and batman as well so I'm just looking for the really good pieces I can spoon with.

Depending on your space, I would pick out a few central pieces you like and then work on displaying those well. I would say you are off to a good start with the droids, they are a must have.

Hey all. So, I have the regular droids on pre-order and am VERY excited for these. They will be my first PF(s), and will definitely be the center of my collection. I decided these guys deserved their own display, considering their size (not to mention cost). I just finished building a pedestal for them to go in my basement family/home theater room. Well, I put it in it's planned space, but feel like it may look out of place! I put my Darth Maul Mytho on it temporarily to get a feel for how it would display, but for whatever reason it just looks off to me! I attached a few pics, and was hoping you guys could give me your opinion. Does it look great, or is it taking up too much space and crowding the corner? The third pic is probably the best example of it looking off to me. I want this piece to look awesome on display, not awkward!

You mister, you really got a nice setup.

Made with professional stuff. It looks rich, well displayed, not with to much statues everywhere . Well balanced with a nice home theater. Your setup is far better than those with 2 millions statues on the same wall with cheap cabinets ( no offense). You have something to make people jealous.

Two thumbs up.!

You mister, you really got a nice setup.

Made with professional stuff. It looks rich, well displayed, not with to much statues everywhere . Well balanced with a nice home theater. Your setup is far better than those with 2 millions statues on the same wall with cheap cabinets ( no offense). You have something to make people jealous.

Two thumbs up.!

Wow, thanks so much! That was essentially what I was going for. As much as I would love to have a bunch of stuff, I prefer the less is more approach. I look for pieces that have a significant meaning to me and why I love these movies so much. I figure if I'm spending as much as we do on this stuff, it should be meaningful. I'd also be lying if I said I had the money to buy any of the pieces I want! I have to be pretty selective for financial purposes too. Again, thanks. Nice to get that kind of feedback for a space I spent so much time building.

Hey all. So, I have the regular droids on pre-order and am VERY excited for these. They will be my first PF(s), and will definitely be the center of my collection. I decided these guys deserved their own display, considering their size (not to mention cost). I just finished building a pedestal for them to go in my basement family/home theater room. Well, I put it in it's planned space, but feel like it may look out of place! I put my Darth Maul Mytho on it temporarily to get a feel for how it would display, but for whatever reason it just looks off to me! I attached a few pics, and was hoping you guys could give me your opinion. Does it look great, or is it taking up too much space and crowding the corner? The third pic is probably the best example of it looking off to me. I want this piece to look awesome on display, not awkward!

Get rid of the poster and the lamp! I think it's to crowdy is all.

Great mane cave !!

Has anyone thought about whether the packaging/artbox will be different for both the regular and exclusive? The packaging will obviously be different due to the larger base on the regular and the 2 smaller ones for the exclusive but will the art boxes be different? Just a thought...can anyone else think of a statue where the exclusive and regular editions were very different, including the bases? :dunno

Has anyone thought about whether the packaging/artbox will be different for both the regular and exclusive? The packaging will obviously be different due to the larger base on the regular and the 2 smaller ones for the exclusive but will the art boxes be different? Just a thought...can anyone else think of a statue where the exclusive and regular editions were very different, including the bases? :dunno

The layout of how the products are shipped will be slightly different due to the different bases, but I'm betting the artwork will be the same for both boxes, except one gets a little gold sticker.

As far as SW PFs go, the bases have all been the same to my recollection, it's usually exclusive swap-out parts or an accessory.

The layout of how the products are shipped will be slightly different due to the different bases, but I'm betting the artwork will be the same for both boxes, except one gets a little gold sticker.

As far as SW PFs go, the bases have all been the same to my recollection, it's usually exclusive swap-out parts or an accessory.

Yea, thats what i thought...infact, i cant think of another Sideshow piece where the bases are totally different in regards to the EX and Regular?

I'm voting for the art boxes to be different...cant see why they'd have the weathered version pictured on the exclusive box :dunno who knows? Although, having different art boxes would only mean more cost to SSC...so yeah, your probably right in that both art boxes will be the same :exactly:

Yea, thats what i thought...infact, i cant think of another Sideshow piece where the bases are totally different in regards to the EX and Regular?

I'm voting for the art boxes to be different...cant see why they'd have the weathered version pictured on the exclusive box :dunno who knows? Although, having different art boxes would only mean more cost to SSC...so yeah, your probably right in that both art boxes will be the same :exactly:

The Han Solo EX was different to the regular.

it probably won't be. there will a space cut out of the sryrofoam in the regular's where the second base is on the EX

I bet the box artwork will be some type of line art instead of photography so that will allow them to have one box for both.

Back