Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone who is paying in full recieved the delay notice? I have not, but that is not unusual, sometimes I miss things they send me.

I talked to someone again yesterday at sideshow and inquired about the exclusive set. She said she didn't have any further update on this set and (I'm summarizing here) this isn't likely in the next 30 days at least. Her guess was at least a month or two, but it was just a guess.

She told me to keep checking back and they would send out notices they always do within 10-20 days of arrival.

Having said all of that, I'm guessing the Ex set is still AT LEAST a couple months out.

Last edited:
Has anyone who is paying in full recieved the delay notice? I have not, but that is not unusual, sometimes I miss things they send me.

I'm also paying in full and got the exclusive set and haven't received anything from Sideshow about the delay.

the question is: do you normally get an email that the ETA has been postponed?

I'm used to getting an email several weeks before it will actually ship, but not when its delayed.

Hey all. So, I have the regular droids on pre-order and am VERY excited for these. They will be my first PF(s), and will definitely be the center of my collection. I decided these guys deserved their own display, considering their size (not to mention cost). I just finished building a pedestal for them to go in my basement family/home theater room. Well, I put it in it's planned space, but feel like it may look out of place! I put my Darth Maul Mytho on it temporarily to get a feel for how it would display, but for whatever reason it just looks off to me! I attached a few pics, and was hoping you guys could give me your opinion. Does it look great, or is it taking up too much space and crowding the corner? The third pic is probably the best example of it looking off to me. I want this piece to look awesome on display, not awkward!

First off, very nice pedestal. That thing just oozes class.

When the droids do arrive for you, I think they will look very nice on that pedestal. Personally, I wouldn't have a AOTC poster behind them, but a poster of the classic SW as that is what these droids are symbolizing. That is just my opinion and I understand we all have different tastes.

Also, did you get the Ex on separate bases, or the reg where they come on the same base?

Beautiful stand and sweet room!

Can you move the shelves next to it over some so you can center the pedestal on the wall it is up against?

First off, very nice pedestal. That thing just oozes class.

When the droids do arrive for you, I think they will look very nice on that pedestal. Personally, I wouldn't have a AOTC poster behind them, but a poster of the classic SW as that is what these droids are symbolizing. That is just my opinion and I understand we all have different tastes.

Also, did you get the Ex on separate bases, or the reg where they come on the same base?

Thanks! Actually, I do have the Star Wars style D poster (from ANH) in the closet and was thinking about putting that one up once the droids get here! I've had the Yoda poster up just because it goes well with the wall color. I agree though that the ANH poster will be more appropriate.

I got the regular edition. I took the base measurements from Sideshow's page when building my pedestal, so hopefully they will fit nicely.

Vader, I do have room to slide the display with the LOTR statues over, just wasn't sure how that would look. I like having the lamp in the corner. I will give that a try tomorrow and see how I like it. Thanks!

Reg on the same base is definately the way to go for this duo.

I like the idea you have of having them in the spotlight (literally!), but can see what Vader is saying about how they might look more "in place" along that wall.

However, if they go along the wall, that might not leave room to display the poster if that's what you intended. Display decisions are always tough. :gah:

Reg on the same base is definately the way to go for this duo.

I like the idea you have of having them in the spotlight (literally!), but can see what Vader is saying about how they might look more "in place" along that wall.

However, if they go along the wall, that might not leave room to display the poster if that's what you intended. Display decisions are always tough. :gah:

:gah: is right!! What's worse is that after the droids, I'm pretty much full! I think what Vader meant is keep the pedestal on the wall it is currently on and just center it. To do that I would have to slide the LOTR display and lamp over to the right some. And yes, I did intend to have a SW poster behind the droids! Seems to just complete the look!

And thank you by the way, I knew if I asked around here it would help out!

I think what Vader meant is keep the pedestal on the wall it is currently on and just center it. To do that I would have to slide the LOTR display and lamp over to the right some.

And thank you by the way, I knew if I asked around here it would help out!

Ah, gotcha. Either way, I think you'll have a very nice setup. Be sure to show pictures when you do get them.

Back