Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is tuff.

I Flexed these guys. So happy I did. Including shipping, I only owe 149.00 on these two :)

No flex here, but I'm saving >$100 going with a reputable online retailer. Over a year of purchases that adds up. Plus I'm making 0.5% interest on my savings while I wait to pay for it :rotfl

My flex got pushed to the 25th April (Normally 15th) so I guess thats when these 2 come out, Finally!!!!!

Yup I got the notice too. So the end of next month. It's good times for us SW fans.

So will the droids be shipping sometime in April? Oh boy! Can't wait to get the EX! Will set the droids up with 2 of my Stormtrooper PF's on either side! :yess:

Think I am just going to suck it up and drop 750.00 so I can get them ASAP. Was thinking of waiting on in hand pics but the force is strong!!!

These are open edition though right? I've been back and forth but I think I'll just wait a bit. Lots of stuff out this year I want at premium prices.

Dark Rider, Hulk and these are all over $700.

These are open edition though right? I've been back and forth but I think I'll just wait a bit. Lots of stuff out this year I want at premium prices.

Dark Rider, Hulk and these are all over $700.

Yeah, I know, I am torn though. I kind of have a lull in delivered purchases and am afraid if I wait that I could get too bogged down to get them. Plus, they are just sooooo iconic. Still haven't made up my mind. Would be nice to know what SS has in store for us this year. Oh Well:panic:

Yeah, I know, I am torn though. I kind of have a lull in delivered purchases and am afraid if I wait that I could get too bogged down to get them. Plus, they are just sooooo iconic. Still haven't made up my mind. Would be nice to know what SS has in store for us this year. Oh Well:panic:

Iconic for sure.
These two ARE Star Wars.

I told myself I would collect only Jedis and Siths.
But I got these two on order.

Iconic for sure.
These two ARE Star Wars.

I told myself I would collect only Jedis and Siths.
But I got these two on order.

I have similar restraint but mine aren't limited to SW. Just want MY important characters. Which after narrowing them down to important to my soul clocked in at 10 PFs. Not a bad number in my mind.

Every single day, logging on to this and other forums... is just one long struggle of selfcontainment. So many cool pieces I want! :)

Tell me about it. Sometimes I wish I just loved one thing.

Justifying $750 is such a big ask for a couple small pieces though. When you think about it , would you have paid $375 for just a 10 inch R2 statue?

I'm not so sure.... they don't even come on a nice base.

I think SS are pushing the boundaries' here.

Think I am just going to suck it up and drop 750.00 so I can get them ASAP. Was thinking of waiting on in hand pics but the force is strong!!!

I'm thinking of the same thing. Not really that bad of a price for these two icons.

I think it's an acceptable price. I mean, it's obviously a high price, but these two characters are just so iconic.

Also, you are still getting TWO statues. If you are getting the Regular version, I realize that they share a single base, but still, it is two individual statues.

I don't know how much light-up features matter in these cases, but I can only imagine that it also adds to the price.

For some reason, I have an idea that the shiny finish of C-3PO also might add to the price. I'm not basing this on anything particular, but the recent cancellation of the Special Edition C-3PO Life-Size bust does at least indicate that doing a shiny surface is different, and more demanding, that the average surface. I think this persists as a factor even though we are talking about a weathered look.

Basically, I find that they are worth the price.

It's kind of irritating that Sideshow prices them so high and then changes the edition size from TBD to limited after preorders have been placed and NRD charged. I will be very ticked off if I could have waited and got these cheaper on ebay because Sideshow made way too many of them and puts them on their gift card list or discounts them once they've been released and are piling up in the warehouse.

Back