Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that 3P0 looks off in this photo. His armo is much to dark which throws it off.

771c43d0cbc211e19b0622000a1e8a4f_7.jpg

HOWEVER I think he looks just fine in this photo. Oh and R2 looks great in both.

comic-con_2012_20120711_2021124691.jpg

Best premium format statues ever. By a wide margin.

Covering C-3P0 with dark brown paint doesn't create realistic weathering. Why so much brown paint? Less is more. Might be a way of covering up blemishes on the gold plating.

Don't go just by these photos.. there is too much Cyan in the second photo.. and a huge amount of Magenta in the first.. making both appear to be even dirtier than normal...lighting plays a big role too... both phots are a bit contrasty too..:)

That vid catches the light better than the photos. I'm satisfied for now.
Hopefully they'll showcase the EX, too.

SSC if you're listening....you should place the PF on more sand to lighten up the area more. It would help the digital cameras adjust appropriately.

I'm sure it looks awesome in person, though!

I'm more satisfied with this piece after seeing the Youtube video. Hopefully they'll turn down a bit of the mud all over 3PO. Looks like a bit too much to me.

Every pic and video I see further convinces me that this is the best Premium Format release ever.

This will be the most I've ever spent on a collectable (and likely ever will). I've always felt these two droids together really represent Star Wars, so to me, this is my grail and center piece of my collection. So far all the Comic-Con pics are reassuring me that the LONG wait for these has been well worth it. I cannot wait to get these two in hand!

Back