Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People have been begging for the Droids since the line's inception in 2005. Something like, the same as Chewbacca anything, especially the first one should have gone in a PPO so all collectors had a chance.

I agree. As collectors and fans we needed to have some time to think this one out. Like I have said if I was there when the PO first went up I would have been going insane trying to pick which one I liked best. I would have needed more then an hour. This is a pretty big difference and at 750.00 - 775.00 this is not a just buy them both type deal like you could do with the Hulk PF back in the day (not that 350.00 is something to take lightly) Oh well. I hope that most who missed out on the EX and really wanted it get theirs or that they see the Reg as the great piece that it is.

I'll never understand why people don't understanding liking one over the other or want to pose one with a different character. Just because they are friends and a "duo" doesn't mean that people need to collect them as such. Han and Chewbacca were always together unless crazy circumstances split them up that doesn't mean I'd be happy if they shoved a $400 Han PF and a $500 Chewbacca PF in one box on one base and sell it for $1000 as a set.

This is true but R2 and 3PO go together like Peas and Carrots :)

It really sucks that the EX version you can't even rest 3PO's hand on R2's dome.

Reg all the way!! :)

Oh well, I'm about to pull the trigger on the regular version, which by the way I think is way better than the EX, I think the Tattoine sandy base is a must plus the dirty looks makes them look more real :)

Ah, finally, and totally cool - The exclusive comes with both bases.

Guess that explains the price difference.

Where does it say this?

Sorry, I'm going through this thread as best I can. It just goes too fast when I can't be on the computer all day. :lol

Ah, finally, and totally cool - The exclusive comes with both bases.

Guess that explains the price difference.

Where does it say this?

Sorry, I'm going through this thread as best I can. It just goes too fast when I can't be on the computer all day. :lol

It doesn't:

The bases shown on the Ex. version are the bases that are included with C-3PO/R2-D2. There is no plan to include an additional base with the Exclusive version. Since the Ex. Droids are in their 'Yavin' look (eg: shiny and clean) that is why the word 'Yavin' has been used.

The regular Edition will only come with the desert base.

-SideshowAlex

No excuses. Everone owns an iPhone now and could have gotten the EX, even from work! :)

Nope. I'm an MRI tech working in an RF shielded room in the basement of a huge hospital. I get no signal.

Plus I have an android, no Iphone :lol

Pretty sure these have been known to be a duo for a year and the price really isn't bad when you look at you're geting TWO 1:4 items in a set. :)

Nothing shady about that. :rotfl First the overall price is ridiculous, so it sucked any enthusiasm I had for these, which I actually thought would be ones SSC's wouldn't screw up paint wise. (Verdict is still out.) I mean does R2-D2, really count as a full sized PF? lol Then I see the low quantity warning on something conveniently with no edition size (at least from the consumer's viewpoint), which escalates the panicked collector to buy something based solely on a couple proto pics that will not look like the final product. I'm sorry, but I am not sad or disappointed that I couldn't get it. Selling out, like on other products, in record time with suspiciously no edition size, is the oldest sucker play in the world to get buyers to buy out something. Then they will release the size and conveniently find some to offer up and repeat the endless cycle of manipulation of the consumer. Well done SSC's! :clap

:lol :lol

Sad thing is, this is probably 99% accurate.

This ain't Hot Toys, it's a statue. There is limited articulation but it's not meant to be a figure.

I'd understand if it had no articulation, but that's not the case. I would like confirmation of exactly how much there is.

Especially being movable and all of the electronics.

Yeah, you add those in and having seen what they had at the freaks party people are going to be happy. I'm not sure what people felt the price was going to be but this was right at what I expected.

did you get this josh? i think you should cancel your rwos and order this :wink1:

No, I want to but with what I have on order, what I want to order, and some life stuff up in the air I can't. Not gonna cancel the RWOS for this.

Nope. I'm an MRI tech working in an RF shielded room in the basement of a huge hospital. I get no signal.

Plus I have an android, no Iphone :lol

Same deal here. I work in a secure lab with no cell phones/cameras allowed. So when something like this, or a Mondo print, drops, I have to leave the area and check my phone outside, routinely, which isn't practical if I hope to keep my job.

Back