Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format C3PO in progress

Along with Mara Jade and Hammerhead.

Then they need to get on their game! Cleary with the new Legendary Line and all their new lines the recession hasn't made much of a dent on their plans!

R2 and C3PO might not fit into my focus but they may have a place in my collection...

This isn't me complaining or being a jerk, I really do want to know the answer. How are they able to come out with these never-before-heard-of pieces (Obi/Maul LSF, Ventress bust bronze Maul) and not yet have the R2 and 3PO PF available for pre-order or at the very least on display?

Then they need to get on their game! Cleary with the new Legendary Line and all their new lines the recession hasn't made much of a dent on their plans!

R2 and C3PO might not fit into my focus but they may have a place in my collection...

I'm hoping they prove me wrong, but I think the recession did shift their plans. It seems like they're dividing the camp into ultra high-end and affordable, much like the economy is becoming.

PF sales have been sluggish for some time, so it makes sense this line would slow down, but with the increase in quality on 1/6 and now this Legendary line, it has me worried.

Like I said, though, I'm hoping they're just holding back at this point and we'll see some more PFs in the coming months.

I think the reason why some of the sales are sluggish is because of the actual character choices. Highly in demand characters like Captain America, Rogue, etc sell out very quickly!

Sideshow should focus on the main characters and then release 1-3 odd balls during the year like the newest Maul PF...

This isn't me complaining or being a jerk, I really do want to know the answer. How are they able to come out with these never-before-heard-of pieces (Obi/Maul LSF, Ventress bust bronze Maul) and not yet have the R2 and 3PO PF available for pre-order or at the very least on display?

The Legendary line was a surprise (I believe), but the others you mentioned were known to be in the works.

When you have a sec, take a look at the link I provided earlier. It's outdated, but if you follow the ending pages in that thread it contains most of the newer info in it.

I have never really expected a Chewbacca in this line, but the droids are the last essential characters for me that are still unreleased. I would be extremely disappointed if they never release them. I guess they are just taking a back seat at SDCC this year. The big news is HT partnership and Legendary figures. That's fine--I'll be patient.

They release things without ever mentioning them all the time.

I think the reason why some of the sales are sluggish is because of the actual character choices. Highly in demand characters like Captain America, Rogue, etc sell out very quickly!

Sideshow should focus on the main characters and then release 1-3 odd balls during the year like the newest Maul PF...

Maybe, but they have a Captain America, Indy, Mola Ram, Jedi Luke and Sabretooth all in-stock. This doesn't even count the pre-orders not closed yet.

I'm thinking the nuclear-powered characters- like chewie PF with Fur- will be released at celebration next year.

Sideshow had the C-3PO prototype displayed at the Sideshow dinner. It was unpainted, but has articulation and light-up eyes.

They had a slide presentation that showed R2-D2. Collectors should be very happy with these two. :rock

If it not gold plated it will fall to the ground with a boooooom

Sideshow had the C-3PO prototype displayed at the Sideshow dinner. It was unpainted, but has articulation and light-up eyes.

They had a slide presentation that showed R2-D2. Collectors should be very happy with these two. :rock

He had a base ? Had wires and cables in the body ( real or sculpt )?

Sideshow Collectibles Comic-Con 2011 Inside Look C3PO & R2D2 Premium Format Figure

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DER5NYoaVQ"]‪124441465 IL Premium Format 1 2011 BSP FLV‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Fana Collec Channel!​

Back