Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been cases where a certain amount 'stock' of items were set aside prior to their release, so that those on the show floor can order the piece if they wish. It's rare (and honestly I can't recall what item(s) had this happen for in the past...but it has happened), so there's always the possibility that will be the case for some items. In the case of the Ex. Droid set that went up today...probably not going to happen (BUT I cannot give a 100% yes or no as there's always the chance that orders will be attainable for those at that show, folks will just have to ask when they get there).

And :nana:to your other comment!

-SideshowAlex

seriously dont do it, it's just lame to change the editon size after the fact for ANY limited edition highend collectible especially since you guys already said on facebook and twitter it's soldout. Nothing else destroys a brand integrity faster...

remember the gollum/smeagol pf fiasco? It was one of the top grail pieces - highly sought after & soldout at es 500, owners were very happy. Then you guys decided to secretly release another 1000 es international version and pretty much destroyed this statue overnight.

Is pissing off your most loyal fans like that really worth a bit extra profit? Meanwhile the gollum remains unsold sitting in your factory to this day even in the discount bin, as fans give up on it due to the confusing edition size and all the shady manipulation. And owners remain pissed off about what has happened.

Alex -

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Don't change the edition number!!! Whatever the EX closed on - So be it!

If you guys are going to add to it behind the scene, and convert all the waitlists, I am going to hire a gang of trolls to hunt Sideshow's each and every employee, and rape them thru their eye socket ( left or right, your choice )!!!

Just kidding about the rape, but seriously - Leave it at what it closed at. That what makes this hobby exciting! Don't take away the thrill of the hunt!!!!

Wow that's quite a post j97- whatever. You act like Sideshow cares what you think. Obviously they want to make $$ not have a limited Ex so you can.

Wow that's quite a post j97- whatever. You act like Sideshow cares what you think. Obviously they want to make $$ not have a limited Ex so you can.

The fact of Sideshow caring or not about opinions/wishes did not prevent anyone on this site from expressing theirs, and that is exactly what I am doing - Expressing one.

seriously dont do it, it's just lame to change the editon size after the fact for ANY limited edition highend collectible especially since you guys already said on facebook and twitter it's soldout. Nothing else destroys a brand integrity faster...

remember the gollum/smeagol pf fiasco? It was one of the top grail pieces - highly sought after & soldout at es 500, owners were very happy. Then you guys decided to secretly release another 1000 es international version and pretty much destroyed this statue overnight.

Is pissing off your most loyal fans like that really worth a bit extra profit? Meanwhile the gollum remains unsold sitting in your factory to this day even in the discount bin, as fans give up on it due to the confusing edition size and all the shady manipulation. And owners remain pissed off about what has happened.

Two completely opposite opinions. I agree with the first.

Let the drama... err, debate begin.

The fact of Sideshow caring or not about opinions/wishes did not prevent anyone on this site from expressing theirs, and that is exactly what I am doing - Expressing one.

Ah, I get it..... Please Sideshow make the Ex 3500 to screw those looking to flip it. :pray:

Did u miss the teaser image stating the preorder was today? :dunno

2012-06-25-hjDG5555464c.jpg

Yes I did.

Unlike some people I have a full time job, family with many other responsibilities and activities on my day to be glue to my computer checking Sideshow.com or this website.

As my post count can tell you.

I'm not a Twitter or Facebook user since; once again, other social activities take my time.
I think some people are getting enthralled to the internet life, instead of the real life.
It's not all about Edition size but also about the chance to order these with the option for Flex Pay. Since WL do not get the option for a payment plan, if the order converts it's take it or leave it. With the way the economy is and Sideshow being so proud of their affordable option plan that option has been taken away form a lot of people regardless of edition size.

Congrats to those who were able to be there for the ordering.

Last edited:
Ah, I get it..... Please Sideshow make the Ex 3500 to screw those looking to flip it. :pray:

:lol I really don't care what they do. I just want one for my own collection. So if SS increase the ES. Then I have a shot at getting this. Im too much of a newbie to even figure out how this SS sdcc thing works. This is my first time going through this. It's so confusing.

I think I will cancel my WL

these photos did it for me.

I love the look of both but the base is just much better on the reg. 3PO looks like he will shine just fine on the reg edition so I really can't think of any reason to get the ex. - Well except that the paint could get messed up on the weatherd version.

The reg looks more like an official maquette to me also.

7176press10001.jpg
71761press01001.jpg

Yes I did.

Unlike some people I have a full time job, family with many other responsibilities and activities on my day to be glue to my computer checking Sideshow.com or this website.

As my post count can tell you.

I'm not a Twitter or Facebook user since; once again, other social activities take my time.
I think some people are getting enthralled to the internet life, instead of the real life.
Congrats to those who were able to be there for the ordering.

I've got the same, but this was a priority for me. :dunno

I have been here for some time and I still don't know how it all works :)

Yeah I thought the PF statues are normal orders that would not be gone until after SS decides on the ES. That's what I thought TBD means. I guess I was wrong. Sucks to miss this set. If SS knew the ES why not just post it? So now what's up for tomorrow? When is the order time? :dunno I just have no clue. I check the SS site and don't see a order time. Is everything showing up at random?

So you wouldn't have come to the forum to ask "what's this, everyone?".
Even if you would have clicked on "new posts" for the past 24hrs you would have seen this thread near the top.

I can understand missing the preorder due to work and all, and I do feel for those that missed do to that reason, but anyone that's wanted this knew this was getting released around SDCC this year.

I would be checking this page religiously if there was something I wanted that even had the slightest possibility of being released -
Sideshow SDCC

Sorry I have a family that means taking them to basketball camp, baseball practices, making lunch I can't be on the computer every 5 minutes to exactly what is going up today. I was trying to convey that that picture didn't give me in particular, the slightest idea that the driods were what was going up today. Now tomorrows picture - yes I know what that is and I am interested in that as well.

Sorry I have a family that means taking them to basketball camp, baseball practices, making lunch I can't be on the computer every 5 minutes to see if that is what the picture was of. I was trying to convey that that picture didn't give me in particular the slightest idea that the driods were what was going up today. Now tomorrows picture - yes I know what that is and I am interested in that as well.

I know the feeling. I'm doing two jobs at once, trying to start up my own business and still work my other FT job. Luckily my wife now stays at home taking care of the little guy or I would be doing 3 jobs at once like in the past. :panic:

SS knows EXACTLY what they are doing by posting a "TBD" edition size and then the fake "sold out".

They will give us the "real" edition size once they know how many people are on the waitlist.

look for "your waitlist is being converted" in due course.

I know the feeling. I'm doing two jobs at once, trying to start up my own business and still work my other FT job. Luckily my wife now stays at home taking care of the little guy or I would be doing 3 jobs at once like in the past. :panic:

But it appears you unlike some of us had a notion that this was going up for PO today where I did not. Some days I can be on the site and search everything I need to - others I can't. In a highly anticipated PO like this I think they could have handled it better.

Last edited:
Any idea how long until the regular is gone? I am trying really hard to wait until SDCC is over until I order anything.

I would have missed this without my iPhone. I quietly ordered mine during a meeting after a friend sent me a text about it. I was not and could not have been at a computer at the time.

I missed the EX too and yes I was waiting for this for a long time.
Yet, I had a busy day. And same - job, crap to get done, kids, etc etc.
When it all comes down to it, priority or not...blowing money on toys or statues are just not that life or death for me lol

Despite being a huge fan and love collecting and stuff.
So yes, it happens. I missed this too, as even though I knew about it, wasn't salivating in front of the PC waiting and waiting.

Came on at night, it was sold out, oh well...click the normal - happy, done.

Back