Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did u miss the teaser image stating the preorder was today? :dunno

2012-06-25-hjDG5555464c.jpg

I did!!:(:(:(:(

I kinda feel like a devils advocate, maybe its because I missed out on the Star Wars EX earlier but do you mean like Rogue?

I'm not entirely sure what you're actually asking (but I'll make a guess). MANY items shown at the show are prototypes and may still be going through final approvals at the time of being shown off. As such, there is the possibility that what you see at the show may have some slight changes made to them (either due to licensor requests, upgrades to the product {such as light-up features that couldn't be shown right away}, and so on).
-SideshowAlex

Interesting. I hope this is the case. Yay or nay, how will we know what decision has been made right before the show begins? Will there be an announcement or should we just bug the reps at the booth?

Just ask someone at the booth that is taking orders (there will be many of us). We'll let you know!

-SideshowAlex

I have been with Sideshow since 04 and I just need to express my complete dissatisfaction with the ordering process with these Premium Formats. In all the years that I have been a customer I have missed my fair chair of statues, figures, etc. and it has been cool, but these were on the top of my list as most wanted. Specifically the version that was promoted; the clean ones (Exclusive). For these SW iconic characters to come up in this way, unannounced and not in the traditional priority Pre-Order method was a shock to me. I mean you have other iconic characters from other licenses on Priority PO but not these? Come on!

Also the fact that the Ex edition size of these important characters, was TBD and from what I’m reading they sold in about 1 hour was appalling. TBD really?, really? Don’t you guys think these ones were so legendary as to deserve a higher edition size. I know my post is not going to change matters and I’m on the waiting list as a second options but, I would have prefer to take advantage of your so famous and well promoted Flex Pay program that you are so proud of. Instead, if my reservation converts, I will have to pray and see if I can pay the painful full price at the time of conversion.

I just needed to let you guys know about how one of your customers feels. You have a great company, offer great products and overall are excellent but, respectfully, you drop the ball on these ones. Big time! Considering who they are!!!

The only thing I don't agree with in your statement is in BOLD otherwise BRAVO I couldn't have said it any better. I spend more time and money on this hobby than I should and todays events really left a bad taste in my mouth. Its early and maybe my WL will convert but to have so many differences these should have been previewed on one day and ordered on another so we had time to figure out which ones were the right choice for us. This was going to be my induction into the SW line and I was looking forward to it with great anticipation. Now I am left wondering if I will love the Reg version enough to spend that kind of coin on it.

So Sideshow has a TBD edition size and they sold out in an hour? Are they going to take wait lists for a while, convert them all, then double or triple the edition size?

Just ask someone at the booth that is taking orders (there will be many of us). We'll let you know!

-SideshowAlex

Alex -

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Don't change the edition number!!! Whatever the EX closed on - So be it!

If you guys are going to add to it behind the scene, and convert all the waitlists, I am going to hire a gang of trolls to hunt Sideshow's each and every employee, and rape them thru their eye socket ( left or right, your choice )!!!

Just kidding about the rape, but seriously - Leave it at what it closed at. That what makes this hobby exciting! Don't take away the thrill of the hunt!!!!

I have been with Sideshow since 04 and I just need to express my complete dissatisfaction with the ordering process with these Premium Formats. In all the years that I have been a customer I have missed my fair chair of statues, figures, etc. and it has been cool, but these were on the top of my list as most wanted. Specifically the version that was promoted; the clean ones (Exclusive). For these SW iconic characters to come up in this way, unannounced and not in the traditional priority Pre-Order method was a shock to me. I mean you have other iconic characters from other licenses on Priority PO but not these? Come on!

Also the fact that the Ex edition size of these important characters, was TBD and from what I’m reading they sold in about 1 hour was appalling. TBD really?, really? Don’t you guys think these ones were so legendary as to deserve a higher edition size. I know my post is not going to change matters and I’m on the waiting list as a second options but, I would have prefer to take advantage of your so famous and well promoted Flex Pay program that you are so proud of. Instead, if my reservation converts, I will have to pray and see if I can pay the painful full price at the time of conversion.

I just needed to let you guys know about how one of your customers feels. You have a great company, offer great products and overall are excellent but, respectfully, you drop the ball on these ones. Big time! Considering who they are!!!

I'm not happy with many, if any, of the changes SS has implemented in the past year+. The Thursday night newsletter release at 7 PM PT when all the pre-orders happened probably being the biggest one. And the newsletter is now too complicated, and "tailored" and takes forever to load. Then the NRD (which I sort of understand), the hit/miss recurring quality/paint issues, and the seemingly random or poorly communicated "new item" sale times... I got lucky that I actually had a chance to order these if I wanted, but I didn't know they were dropping today either, or at what time. Sideshow, not everyone uses Twitter.

But then a great piece or two comes along and I stick around. It just feels like its more of a commercial and less personal operation now. Guess that's the price of getting big and successful.

/rant

They should of posted the edition size instead of TBA since it was already known, that makes no sense.

Not always the case. There is always the possibility that orders COULD be taken for items that have sold out prior to the show (that decision will be made right before the show begins).

Hmmm...that is an interesting move. Has that been done before? It feels like a "second chance" kind of thing for folks attending the show and while it'd be a perk, it feels little off...

(PIPPIN SUCKS)

Alex -

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Don't change the edition number!!! Whatever the EX closed on - So be it!

If you guys are going to add to it behind the scene, and convert all the waitlists, I am going to hire a gang of trolls to hunt Sideshow's each and every employee, and rape them thru their eye socket ( left or right, your choice )!!!

Just kidding about the rape, but seriously - Leave it at what it closed at. That what makes this hobby exciting! Don't take away the thrill of the hunt!!!!

The thrill of the hunt is if they made this a PPO like the good old days. We all know there will be conversion since the ES was not released. The question is how many? :lecture

The thrill of the hunt is if they made this a PPO like the good o:lectureld days. We all know there will be conversion since the ES was not released. The question is how many? :lecture

Yes, I know... :( That is exactly what I don't want to see. I will be very disappointed if it will go over 750.

EDIT: My initial thought was 500, but given the popularity of the franchise, 750 is ok. Maybe even 1000.

Hmmm...that is an interesting move. Has that been done before? It feels like a "second chance" kind of thing for folks attending the show and while it'd be a perk, it feels little off...

(PIPPIN SUCKS)

There have been cases where a certain amount 'stock' of items were set aside prior to their release, so that those on the show floor can order the piece if they wish. It's rare (and honestly I can't recall what item(s) had this happen for in the past...but it has happened), so there's always the possibility that will be the case for some items. In the case of the Ex. Droid set that went up today...probably not going to happen (BUT I cannot give a 100% yes or no as there's always the chance that orders will be attainable for those at that show, folks will just have to ask when they get there).

And :nana:to your other comment!

-SideshowAlex

Please SS increase the size of this exclusive set. There's way too many people who needs a set. People are angry and is willing to pay so please increase this set. It happen to the capt Rex, so why not this set? Btw what time does these pop up on the site now ? I don't want to miss the new PF coming up.

I missed it as well but even if I saw it I wouldn't have thought it was the Droids.

So you wouldn't have come to the forum to ask "what's this, everyone?".
Even if you would have clicked on "new posts" for the past 24hrs you would have seen this thread near the top.

I can understand missing the preorder due to work and all, and I do feel for those that missed do to that reason, but anyone that's wanted this knew this was getting released around SDCC this year.

I would be checking this page religiously if there was something I wanted that even had the slightest possibility of being released -
Sideshow SDCC

Back