Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: R2-D2 and C-3PO coming May 3rd????

i was hoping for more detailed information today.. full reveal.. but nada..

separate basis is a disappointment for me.

maybe a single base will be offered for the exclusive version?

Sideshow, please make a combo base available like the Monster and his Bride. :wave

Separate bases means only R2 for me! :rock

I wonder if they'll offer up a joint base similar to the Bride/Frankenstein PFs.

It looks like the bases are small enough that you can still stretch out 3PO's hand to rest on top of R2. They look great!

They look AWESOME :horror

and the right scale! PF is the way to go :rock

Oh you're a welder? Good eye. All the copper is 5/32 sub-arc wire. The rest is mild steel

Yeah...inspecting now, though.:)

The R2/3PO PF looks great. I disagree with those who thing PFs herald 1:6 scale versions. But I am hopeful to see the 1:6 versions soon.

In the meantime...enjoy those PFs they do look excellent!

Separate bases means only R2 for me! :rock

I wonder if they'll offer up a joint base similar to the Bride/Frankenstein PFs.

that would be cool. And hopefully a second arm for C-3PO so he can rest it on R2.

wait so that's ALL we get? just 1 photo for star war day. I thought it was suppose to be a full reveal today :(

I really hope we get a combo base. Sort of defeats the purpose of releasing them together if they have seperate bases.

This is one of my grails so I will be picking it up either way.

I am then one Hulk maquette and one Batman PF away from my collection being complete.
Yeah I've heard that one before. But this time I think I mean it. :)

They look great but wrong scale.

Wrong scale????? You mean they are in 1/4.2 or 1/4.3 and not in 1/4?

That is a huge error by Sideshow. I will not be buying a 1/4 scale statue that is in the wrong scale.

^by wrong scale, I think people mean they rather 1/6 over 1/4 scale PF's.

I'm in for these. Must have for me. But I agree, a combo base with more detail would have been awesome. Maybe Ex, but doubt it very much.
I've mentioned this before, the star wars PF bases do disappoint a little due to lack of detail for my liking. The droids looking good though:yess:

I was hoping to get r2 -- but nobody every seems to get the shape of the head right -- his head is not half a sphere -- it's supposed to almost have a very slight egg-shape - otherwise it looks relatively bulbous... any r2 builders on the forum can vouch for that... seems the premium doesn't have that, but it's only judging from one picture...Threepio looks great to me, better than their lifesize, even...

I think the best shaped r2 head ironically is on the 1/6 Hasbro Figure -- not the finest details, but the head looks right on that little 6" Hasbro toy.

It's great to have both bases, but if i have to choose only 1 i rather have separate bases than a single connected base. It allows more display options, maybe you want to have 1 slightly behind the other, or align it in certain angle to fit another statue etc..

flexibility is always good. Besides those look to be just plain black bases with nothing special, so it wont matter if they are connected or not, as noone will even notice them when displayed.

I like the option to separate the figures. It could allow for some fun change-ups to the display like having 3PO turning his back on R2 Tatooine-style, facing him as if he's scolding him right before jumping into the escape pod, or even placing R2 next to the Luke/Yoda PF.

Back