Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure thing :lol

:lol:lol:lol

True though...they sent me an email about this and the savage predator 2 bust converting and then took money out the next day. I was like...wha??....so either send them back for a refund or keep them. or sell them. I will admit, not a bad problem to have. :wink1:

I thought he did :monkey1

The ewok seller was very honest and gave me a refund when he said SS was not going to offer replacements etc. I got real lucky, real, LUCKY! I was a stupid new guy who wanted to save money on the bay no matter what the risk were. All I can say is never again for eBay PO. Way too many things can happen and I would get nothing after months and months go by. I won't get scam a forth time again no freaking way! I learn after the 3rd time. :wave a word to newbies don't ever do. eBay PO for these expensive statues just to save a few bucks.

So I got my replacement Exclusive C3PO body and to my amazement it didn't appear to have any problems...except for when I tried to put his face on him and found that the magnets in the replacement body were turned wrong so that the face wouldn't stick...Seems to be a common problem for me...LOL!

I call the guy that I've been working with and he apologized and told me that they would send out another body with a face this time so that they were guaranteed to work and that they would just have me return the other bodies instead of destroying them. I get off the phone with him and start really looking at the head of the statue to see how its put together. I then discover that the back of the head portion that has the two magnets is just held on by two screws...so I take them out and swap the back of the head with my original one and BAM...the statue is now fixed. I contacted the guy back and tell him everything and he told me to just go ahead and destroy the original statue as we previously discussed...so I thought I'd post a few pictures of the finished product and let you guys see what is inside C3PO...and yes that IS stuffed foam in the middle of him :panic:

I received my 3PO and R2 yesterday and set them up last night. The styrofoam pieces were so poorly fitted together and "taped" that a few broken pieces off of 3PO actually fell out before I even opened it fully. In all, 3PO's left thumb, right pinkie, and the little piece on his forehead were all snapped off before I even got him out of the packaging. As I was setting him up, both shoulder pieces broke/became unglued and now rest around his biceps area.
R2 and the base are fine, but 3PO's a complete disaster. Whomever put that "quality assured" sticker on is completely full of ****.

I received my 3PO and R2 yesterday and set them up last night. The styrofoam pieces were so poorly fitted together and "taped" that a few broken pieces off of 3PO actually fell out before I even opened it fully. In all, 3PO's left thumb, right pinkie, and the little piece on his forehead were all snapped off before I even got him out of the packaging. As I was setting him up, both shoulder pieces broke/became unglued and now rest around his biceps area.
R2 and the base are fine, but 3PO's a complete disaster. Whomever put that "quality assured" sticker on is completely full of ****.

Oh well, back to Sideshow it goes for a replacement....right? :dunno

Oh well, back to Sideshow it goes for a replacement....right? :dunno

Yeah, I think so. I'm in the process of talking to them to see how they're going to handle it.
Still ... it's so deflating when something arrives broken. Especially when it's a piece that you've really been looking forward to. I've had broken pieces before, but nothing like this. Oh well. I trust that SS will rectify the situation.

Yeah, I think so. I'm in the process of talking to them to see how they're going to handle it.
Still ... it's so deflating when something arrives broken. Especially when it's a piece that you've really been looking forward to. I've had broken pieces before, but nothing like this. Oh well. I trust that SS will rectify the situation.

Feel for you Neal...nothing worse than waiting in anticipation for a piece only to recieve it damaged. Same thing happened with my 1/6 Batmobile, although the damage was not excessive, it still pisses you off when youve spent nearly $700 and the item doesnt arrive in perfect condition!!! Anyways, Sideshow are very good with replacements, only bad thing is the long wait for a new one! :(

I have actually yet to receive anything broken yet and have been very lucky so far. But I know of course that it will happen sometime based on the amount of reports here, and am not looking forward to go through the hassle, especially living abroad. But on the positive side when it actually happens, better to arrive broken from Sideshow than if you've bought it through eBay or something..my worst fear.

Back