Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's enough to bother me now that I notice it. I get like that. I'll probably fix it. I have some figure painting experience, so it won't be hard for me to fix it.

Hmmmmm..... Well here's to hoping mine is weathered as I have zero experience doing such things.

One last pic guys!!!

The money shot!!!

y6epurym.jpg

thanks for the photos, ex looks very good, love it. see how much difference it makes when the photos are not taken under full sun blast with overexposed settings.

as far as i can tell from the posts, the detail and paint all look good(thank god), but r2d2 feels cheap as it is made from plastic? i am a strong advocate of light weight hollow statues but this might have gone too far, really dont understand why sideshow makes r2d2 in plastic not polystone, i would traded all that lighting crap for polystone instead.

what is c3po for the clean version made from? polystone or plastic?

anyway will have mine this wed.

thanks for the photos, ex looks very good, love it. see how much difference it makes when the photos are not taken under full sun blast with overexposed settings.

as far as i can tell so far, the detail and paint all look good(thank god), but r2d2 feels cheap as it is made from plastic? i am a strong advocate of light weight hollow statues but this might have gone too far, really dont understand why sideshow makes r2d2 in plastic not polystone, i would traded all that lighting crap for polystone instead.

what is c3po for the clean version made from? polystone or plastic?

anyway will have mine this wed.

Thanks dude. I can confirm that R2 is very disappointing in terms of weight and materials. As youll eventually see, its extremely lightweight (EXTREMELEY LIGHTWEIGHT!) and the materials its made from resembles something that youd recieve out of a Kinder Surprise Chocolate Egg....however, there is a but....the light up features are absolutely magnificent on R2 and for me is the saviour. I can overlook the weight issue as your not exactly going to be carrying these bad boys about under your arms on the way to work so thats not a problem. The plastic material...yea its not great but again you'll only notice this if you pick them up. R2 does look visually great though!

3PO is a different story. He feels solid in the hand and SSC nailed the shiny chrome look imo! Fantastic articulation to acheive some cool poses!

e8yjybud.jpg

Another guy over at Statue Forum just flipped his EX as well...

Two in as many days :panic:

I think I much prefer the standard PF, the weathering is great, really nicely done.

I’m a bit concerned about R2 being plastic, I detest plastic. Last time I got suckered in by plastic is when I bought the HT Tron light cycle, looked cool in pictures but at the end of the day, in person, plastic is plastic and it ends up looking like a toy, if it were a potato it would be a bad potato. Likewise I had the Enterbay Batman ¼ which I thought would look OK as it’s rubber and plastic, nope, look like a giant action figure in real life (probably cos it is:p)). Bottom line, only in polystone I trust!:lecture

my main concern with the plastic is coloring. Even if you keep it out of direct sunlight, the white on R2-D2 can still turn brown/yellow-ish over time from the light, if it's crap plastic.

I think I much prefer the standard PF, the weathering is great, really nicely done.

I’m a bit concerned about R2 being plastic, I detest plastic. Last time I got suckered in by plastic is when I bought the HT Tron light cycle

Dude, your really gonna hate the R2 then...maybe try to overlook it on this occasion cos you cant display one without the other imo

Yeah, I have the EX. Will be here Wednesday!

Congrats bud, look forward to some cool pics! :hi5:

Back