Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Premium Format C3PO in progress

This looks great so far and I'd love to get it but with the Jedi Luke coming as well, I might ultimately pass on this one.

Looks great so far. Hopefully it does not come out at the same time as the Jedi Luke. I don't have that much cash to go around. :dunno

What I'm liking is how well they are capturing his body language with those poses. I've seen so many 3POs where everything was designed well but he was just standing there with no expression in his stance/pose.

New WIP picture in the Sideshow Production Blog!

He looks awesome!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=8312

0120103popf.jpg

Please, I want to know when will we see progress about Premium Format C-3PO, Jedi Luke, and Stormtrooper?

In the time since this question was submitted, you’ve seen the full monty on Jedi Luke. Sculpture development on C-3PO is done, and we’re working on R2-D2 in earnest. In the meantime, we’re working with our factories to determine the best production methods for both characters and refining our attack plan. We hope to reveal both droids sometime mid-2010, but we may choose to wait a tad bit longer and show full production pieces rather than prototypes. The Stormtrooper development is in the sculpture stage. We’re assembling a full set of armor, and next the pose and other creative decisions will be made (base design, etc)

Last edited:

Looks good so far. Guess real wires will be the mixed media part.

New WIP picture in the Sideshow Production Blog!

He looks awesome!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=8312

0120103popf.jpg

Please, I want to know when will we see progress about Premium Format C-3PO, Jedi Luke, and Stormtrooper?

In the time since this question was submitted, you’ve seen the full monty on Jedi Luke. Sculpture development on C-3PO is done, and we’re working on R2-D2 in earnest. In the meantime, we’re working with our factories to determine the best production methods for both characters and refining our attack plan. We hope to reveal both droids sometime mid-2010, but we may choose to wait a tad bit longer and show full production pieces rather than prototypes. The Stormtrooper development is in the sculpture stage. We’re assembling a full set of armor, and next the pose and other creative decisions will be made (base design, etc)

There's something even better about that pic. The Artoo mock-up is the right size! :rock:rock:rock Here's hoping they don't forget by the time R2's in production.

Wow! Not a PF collector but 3PO and R2 would make about as impressive a Star Wars display as any pair I could think of.... Incl. Han and Chewie, Luke and Vader, Luke and Leia or Ben and Vader... Very cool.

Wow! Not a PF collector but 3PO and R2 would make about as impressive a Star Wars display as any pair I could think of.... Incl. Han and Chewie, Luke and Vader, Luke and Leia or Ben and Vader... Very cool.

Very, very true. 3PO is looking INCREDIBLE...and I'm glad to hear that they are looking to reveal BOTH droids, instead of 1, followed by the other a year or so later.

These will REALLY be a centerpiece in ANY STAR WARS collection.

I collect most of the 1/6 figures from the OT as well, but I'm not sure I have as much interest in getting the droids in 1/6, when they will look SO great together in 1/4!

:rock

Going to be a great year for all of us collectors so glad to hear that the stormie is coming along too!

With both droids and a Stormtrooper coming after Jedi Luke, it's literally been a few years since I've been this excited about the line. It's always been my favorite, but they've been favoring PT/EU characters and so there hasn't been much to grab my interest. I'm glad they're getting back around to classic characters that I'll actually purchase.

I guess they will be selling these separate. Wonder if 3PO will come with an extra left arm for posing him alone Why you would do that I don't know, but still.

I guess they will be selling these separate. Wonder if 3PO will come with an extra left arm for posing him alone Why you would do that I don't know, but still.

Threepio will definitely come with an additional arm check out the progress pics:

ss_6.jpg
0120103popf.jpg

Although I wonder if it'll have the rumored exclusive droid caller attached to it....

With both droids and a Stormtrooper coming after Jedi Luke, it's literally been a few years since I've been this excited about the line. It's always been my favorite, but they've been favoring PT/EU characters and so there hasn't been much to grab my interest. I'm glad they're getting back around to classic characters that I'll actually purchase.

Bingo! :lecture

Back