Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c3-1.png

SSC PF, Tamashii, Costume.

Posted this in the Tamashii Threepio thread, but thought I'd also post it here. Something about the SSC PF Threepio that has always looked a bit off to me, so started to look at ref pics...

Re: SSC PF, look at the brow/forehead on the SSC PF (area above its right eye,) then look at the costume. The SSC has nowhere near enough depth.

The eyes are not deep set enough, giving the face a too-flat look.

The "peak" at the top of his head also looks off, because the overall forehead is too sloped and not boxy enough.

The neck area just below the chin (and the too-large neck "ring") looks way off. The Tamashii looks very close.

Honestly it seems nitpicky, but I think the SSC PF is quite poorly observed, with errors all over the place. Even Threepio's "Backpack" thing isn't somewhat off, it's miles from being accurate.

All very good points.
You can also notice a gap between the front and rear hemispheres of 3PO's head. The rear half sits over the edge of the front half, but there is too much space going all the way around.

What I'm not too fond of in the Tamashii's version is the finish of the gold. It appears to have a frost finish to it and should be more mirror-like.

Yeah, very good point.
SSC Sucks. Not C-3PO at all.

Now shut up and let me enjoy the anticipation of getting the EX PF.

EDIT: Centurion, that was not directed at you.
EDIT # 2: Well, partially :D

All very good points.
You can also notice a gap between the front and rear hemispheres of 3PO's head. The rear half sits over the edge of the front half, but there is too much space going all the way around.

What I'm not too fond of in the Tamashii's version is the finish of the gold. It appears to have a frost finish to it and should be more mirror-like.

Yeah, it's funny that SSC sometimes doesn't do the chrome finish when they should (both Ark of Covenants) yet Tamashii made the bad frosty/powder coat decision here. The clean SSC PF definitely blows the 1/6 Tamashii out of the water in that regard.

Yeah, very good point.

"Shut up"?:rotfl This is a discussion about the SSC figure, not your anticipation.

Does accuracy not matter in a $750 replica? Maybe "sort of" accurate is okay with most people.

c3pf.png

Last edited:
Yes it's ewok guy. I guess if I paid the money order I'm screwed? No way to get it back now? :slap at least theres one good note on ewok seller^^^ ewok is still selling now on eBay. Aamak let me know if he gives you your money back. Should be interesting to see.

You could try cancelling the money order. You need your slip with the order number on it and make a phone call. They can tell you if it's been cashed and if not, you can cancel.

Yeah, it's funny that SSC sometimes doesn't do the chrome finish when they should (both Ark of Covenants) yet Tamashii made the bad frosty/powder coat decision here. The clean SSC PF definitely blows the 1/6 Tamashii out of the water in that regard.

"Shut up"?:rotfl This is a discussion about the SSC figure, not your anticipation.

Does accuracy not matter in a $750 replica? Maybe "sort of" accurate is okay with most people.

c3pf.png

Fine, don't shut up. It was not meant literally, chill.
No, it doesn't matter to me, same as it doesn't matter in a 2k Predator maquette, Sauron PF, and plenty of other collectibles around the world.

It is about anticipation. Mine, the people who ordered, people who are on the wait list, and any other goddam issue related to these figures.

Yeah, very good point.

:panic:

It's all good. :duff
I'm not here to ruin the PF droids for you or anyone else.

"Move along!" ***Waves hand across***

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsvbYKr19ng[/ame]

Fine, don't shut up. It was not meant literally, chill.
No, it doesn't matter to me, same as it doesn't matter in a 2k Predator maquette, Sauron PF, and plenty of other collectibles around the world.

It is about anticipation. Mine, the people who ordered, people who are on the wait list, and any other goddam issue related to these figures.

Don't speak for anyone but yourself. This is not about forming a "club" then controlling the discussion and hounding those who make contrary comments. This product is currently open for pre-order. The fact that you've made up your mind has no bearing on others who wish to discuss it - quality or accuracy issues included - as part of their decision to buy or not. That what this forum is for - it is not just "about anticipation."

I want a 1/4 scale Threepio. I've waited over 3 years from initial announcement to this point (the longest of any PF) and this is the place to discuss it. So there's you, the people who ordered, people on the wait list - and the hundreds of others like me who are still weighing their decision and need this forum.

So work out your "goddam issues" while tolerating other lines of discussion.

One of the odder posts I've ever seen here.

Oh my god, after reading the last few pages I am convinced CBG is a gag account.

He has to be. Bravo to whomever he belongs to.

$875 for an ebay PO? Are you taking the piss? rotflmfao

Lol! :dunno I've meet a member here for a trade in person so he can prove I'm here for real. :) I have a preorder with ewok, and Im going to wait for my set to arrive from him. He has sent me a personal letter explaining everything. So I'm going to trust him. I don't care what or how he gets it however many sets. As long as I get mine. He also relisted the one a member here let go. I'm going to trust him and stick it through. I will update you all when I recieve it. ;)

Last edited:
Lol! :dunno I've meet a member here for a trade in person so he can prove I'm here for real. :) I have a preorder with ewok, and Im going to wait for my set to arrive from him. He has sent me a personal letter explaining everything. So I'm going to trust him. I don't care what or how he gets however many sets. As long as I get mine. He also relisted the one a member here let go. I'm going to trust him and stick it through. I will update you all when I recieve it. ;)

CBG, why is he selling 3 EX's for a net loss? Did he explain that? After paying SS, shipping, reshipping, ebay fees, PayPal fees(not you), time and effort, risk of seller getting scammed, and knowing the Droids EX is very rare, he'll sell at a loss to complete strangers on a site used to make money? This seller falls into one of 3 categories...a scammer, dumber than a box of rocks, or the nicest person on ebay. If you get yours for $800 shipped to you, then you got an outstanding deal....its going to be a long wait though to find out.

CBG, why is he selling 3 EX's for a net loss? Did he explain that? After paying SS, shipping, reshipping, ebay fees, PayPal fees(not you), time and effort, risk of seller getting scammed, and knowing the Droids EX is very rare, he'll sell at a loss to complete strangers on a site used to make money? This seller falls into one of 3 categories...a scammer, dumber than a box of rocks, or the nicest person on ebay. If you get yours for $800 shipped to you, then you got an outstanding deal....its going to be a long wait though to find out.

Lai, are you really trying to talk sense here? Total waste of breath. He gonna do what he is gonna do silly as it may sound. I'm done emparting any sense of wisdom upon him.:slap

Lai, are you really trying to talk sense here? Total waste of breath. He gonna do what he is gonna do silly as it may sound. I'm done emparting any sense of wisdom upon him.:slap

Yeah, I think CBG has had plenty of advice on here. He's free to do what he wants with his money. I'm more interested in what's going on in that "ewok" guys head...:dunno:cuckoo:. I think PT Barnum said it best.

Yeah, I think CBG has had plenty of advice on here. He's free to do what he wants with his money. I'm more interested in what's going on in that "ewok" guys head...:dunno:cuckoo:. I think PT Barnum said it best.

Yes I agree with all of you. Everyone has been super helpful. I know its way too dangerous. No question about that. I have no clue why he offers these at a loss for such a great deal. Let's just wait to see what happens. The seller seems to do good. I can't explain the price but if I get this, then the seller is going to be my new favorite eBay seller. :panic: thanks all for your great info, let's just all wait to see what happens. ;)

Back