Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seller may be selling the same preorder over and over. Even at $875 for the EX the guy is losing money by the time he ships it out :cuckoo:
I hope you guys do indeed get your Droids as promised.

If I were you guys I would ask for my money back before the 45 day Paypal window expires. At $875, he's netting about $787 after eBay and Paypal fees. This set costs $775 plus shipping from Sideshow. They're probably going to charge him $25-$30 for shipping, so tell me why this guy would take a loss just to get your money this far in advance? It seems pretty fishy to me.

If he keeps your money and refuses to ship the droids, you are past the 60 days to leave feedback and he can just block your user ID on his eBay account. There will be no way for you to let others know he screwed you and he will still have 100% feedback.

If I were you guys I would ask for my money back before the 45 day Paypal window expires. At $875, he's netting about $787 after eBay and Paypal fees. This set costs $775 plus shipping from Sideshow. They're probably going to charge him $25-$30 for shipping, so tell me why this guy would take a loss just to get your money this far in advance? It seems pretty fishy to me.

If he keeps your money and refuses to ship the droids, you are past the 60 days to leave feedback and he can just block your user ID on his eBay account. There will be no way for you to let others know he screwed you and he will still have 100% feedback.
Couldn't agree more. This makes no sense at all. You pretty much deserve to lose your money if you're this stupid. No-one's going to sell these at a loss when they could just cancel their order.

The seller should not have three sets because any one person can only order one set (legally and by the rules) from Sideshow, exclusives are always that way. I know there are ways around it, but believe us, this is very shady. Nobody at all is going to sell this set for $800 when that is retail and they will be taking a loss, and could really be getting nearly twice for a set limited to just 200.

The seller told me he had 3 sets... :/
To furystorm, you listen! :p I don't mean to be harsh on a personal level, I know you just really want this set, but I'd really encourage you to cancel now and get your money back while there's still time. Nothing about this deal makes sense. From the price to having three sets. It's all very suspicious and that's a lot of cash to be swindled out of.

Will be getting money back;

His story is that he decided on the regular, so is selling his exclusive to a fan at cost; no one who wanted an exclusive for personal use is going to order 3 and then decide they don't want a single one.

Good call, amalak. He just keeps making the story worse. If he were a stand-up guy and just wanting to sell for cost, seems he could do so more easily on the boards, where he could be more reasonably sure he wouldn't be selling to a flipper (or he could just cancel his order w/Sideshow). The 3 sets is also impossible to believe. I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the pre-order was a surprise, so it's difficult to believe that this guy could coordinate with two others and all their orders went through within minutes. If this guy's not a fraud, I'll eat my hat!

Most unlikely that he had 3 sets. Look how many on this board didn't get a set, how many went on the waitlist... And this is only one board. Many collectors are not even on here. 200 is not much to go around, so for one person to get 3 is most unusual.

Cancel preorder you must!
The Darkside I sense in him!

Yoda_and_Luke_Empire_Strikes_Back_Iron_Man_2_Movie_Review.gif

ordering 3 sets was very easy to do, but this is a total and complete scam.

anyone silly enough to fork over dough on ebay for a pre-order almost deserves to lose their money.

ordering 3 sets was very easy to do, but this is a total and complete scam.

anyone silly enough to fork over dough on ebay for a pre-order almost deserves to lose their money.

No way in hell I would do that.:cuckoo:

Will be getting money back;

His story is that he decided on the regular, so is selling his exclusive to a fan at cost; no one who wanted an exclusive for personal use is going to order 3 and then decide they don't want a single one.

Smart thinking. It just doesn't add up. :cuckoo: Poor CBG paying with a money order to this seller :slap

Good call, amalak. He just keeps making the story worse. If he were a stand-up guy and just wanting to sell for cost, seems he could do so more easily on the boards, where he could be more reasonably sure he wouldn't be selling to a flipper (or he could just cancel his order w/Sideshow). The 3 sets is also impossible to believe. I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the pre-order was a surprise, so it's difficult to believe that this guy could coordinate with two others and all their orders went through within minutes. If this guy's not a fraud, I'll eat my hat!

If your talking about the ewok seller on ebay, he gave me my money back and he said the joker pf ex that i preordered he got scammed by his middle man and he ran away with the money so he sent back my money via my paypal. I think he has the joker ex to keep for profit at a later time which is fine with me. No big deal at all. But he refunded so i believe he is honest.

If your talking about the ewok seller on ebay, he gave me my money back and he said the joker pf ex that i preordered he got scammed by his middle man and he ran away with the money so he sent back my money via my paypal. I think he has the joker ex to keep for profit at a later time which is fine with me. No big deal at all. But he refunded so i believe he is honest.

Yes it's ewok guy. I guess if I paid the money order I'm screwed? No way to get it back now? :slap at least theres one good note on ewok seller^^^ ewok is still selling now on eBay. Aamak let me know if he gives you your money back. Should be interesting to see.

He did; he seems to read these forums as he was mentioning it's a shame I was talked out of it, haha.

If I wasn't so poor, I'd chance it. Personally, he seems like a standup fellow, just the risk vs reward is too high for my student finances

Back