1/6 Buying just ONE Iron Man - which one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone has different preferences, but for me...the only thing that would make me upgrade my Mk IV would be a Mk IV that had superior engineering and equal or better proportions. There's no guarantee of that, so I may never get another. ;)

Everyone has different preferences, but for me...the only thing that would make me upgrade my Mk IV would be a Mk IV that had superior engineering and equal or better proportions. There's no guarantee of that, so I may never get another. ;)

God, I hope HT's do AT least a Diecast 4/6 and 7, 5 would be the cherry on top

Mk 43 has the articulation, cool looking base, & relevance/ screen time in a movie. Only thing I don't like are the proportion with the skinny abs & legs & the shoulders. Mk3's from the best IM movie, proportions look really good & it has simple, classic look on it. Unfortunately the articulation is just terrible. If you don't mind the ab articulation go with the 3.

Mk 43 has the articulation, cool looking base, & relevance/ screen time in a movie. Only thing I don't like are the proportion with the skinny abs & legs & the shoulders. Mk3's from the best IM movie, proportions look really good & it has simple, classic look on it. Unfortunately the articulation is just terrible. If you don't mind the ab articulation go with the 3.

The Mk 3 DC hasn't got proper ankle articulation either, correct? That's a significant negative, IMO. Unless you're strictly museum/hall of armour posing.

The armors in IM3 has great articulation & actually looks better than the 42/43 IMO like the heartbreaker & shotgun. Unfortunately, they were underutilized & the movie was pretty average.

I know it's not "classic IM," but if you're only going to get one suit, why not set your sights on HB?

Now that's a good idea. Or get the 1/4 mark 43! That armor looks sick.

Yeah I hear you. If you want something more classic, the 45 isn't really it. The Mark III Diecast is the closest you're gonna get to classic. The 43 is nice, but the 44 is even more classic because of its color scheme. But the design of the 43/44 is not too classic.

I say go with the Mark III.....but if you're feeling adventurous, go for the Mark 44.

I think you meant 42/43 rather than 43/44. The 44 is the Hulkbuster... which would definitely suit the last line about being adventurous. :lol

If you're looking for classic, my suggestion is to go for either the Mark 3 or 7. If you feel like it, maybe even splurge on the Battle Damaged Mark 7 instead. Fewer accessories, but it has a Tony Stark helmeted head sculpt, and the red color scheme looks nicer (IMO) than the one on the standard Mark 7. All Mark 7 figures do have rubber elbow joint covers, which will inevitably crack; that's my one critique of the Mark 7 (that, and the giant bug eyes, which they eventually addressed).

If you aren't stuck on 1/6, if I wanted just one Iron Man the 1/4 Mk43 hands down. The details and proportions blow everything else out of the water. The 1/6 Mark 43 is a great figure and one of the top armor designs, but it actually looks like the toy it is compared to the 1/4.

In some other life where I didn't feel the need to have the entire HPP, I would have just this figure alone on a plinth with many lights pointing towards it
005521d3gbmsayqygnp5cz.jpg

One armor and done?

*Classic - Mark III Diecast
*Most Bad*** in Film - Mark VI/VII
*Work of Art - 1/4 Mark XLIII displayed with headsculpt
*Sexy AF - 1/6 or 1/4 Mark XLV

All of this IMO of course.

New Mk 3 has zero ab articulation, so every pose comes off as rather stiff and artificial.

Mk 4. Best mark.

Lots of good points so far. If I were you, I would join the waiting list for the Mark III diecast exclusive. If you don't get through, I'd wait to find that one on eBay or somewhere else. The Mark III is the most classic armor. It serves as the foundation for almost all the other ones. And that special bonus accessory is really unique and holds a lot of significance for the Iron Man of the MCU.

That's the way I'd go.

Here's the link to the waitlist if you're interested (P.S.: I joined it and mine converted 6 months ago): https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-iii-hot-toys-9022241/

I would say whatever YOU like. I mean after all, you would be looking at it, not the rest of us. But personally, my favourite would be the Mark VI. Or I would wait for the Mark 46 or whichever last Iron Man is left during or after Infinity War Part 1 and 2.

Back