1/6 Buying just ONE Iron Man - which one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymas

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying just one 1/6 Iron Man figure but the question is which one?

Iron Man Mark XLIII (Diecast) is available now
Marvel Iron Man Mark XLIII Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys | Sideshow Collectibles

Or I can pre-order Iron Man Mark III (Diecast)
Marvel Iron Man Mark III Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys | Sideshow Collectibles

Mark III is more classic but Mark XLIII seems pretty darn cool. Both say they come with a sculpt which includes a likeness of Robert Downey Jr but there is no picture on the Mark III page.

I understand that Mark XLIII is a repaint of Mark XLII and an exclusive of the Diecast of Mark III may also have been released. Anyone have any comparison shots or recommendations to help me decide between Mark XLIII and Mark III?

their both fantastic, personally I like the mk 43 as its a more advanced suit, however mk 3's shoulder guns are a huge selling feature for me. though Im no too fond of the torso of the mk 3.

plus the 43 has the ultron piece and a nice dio base

I vote mk 43

Any interested in the upcoming Mark 45?

The 45 looks awesome, but if I am just getting one I would like to get one that feels more classic so I prefer to have one with a good mix of red and gold. The only other one I am considering would be the Silver Centurion because of how much it reminds me of the comics- but If I do that it would be as a second Iron Man purchase, and like I said I am trying to buy just one. The 45 is way cool though, no doubt.

I'm thinking about buying just one 1/6 Iron Man figure...

giphy.gif

their both fantastic, personally I like the mk 43 as its a more advanced suit, however mk 3's shoulder guns are a huge selling feature for me. though Im no too fond of the torso of the mk 3.

plus the 43 has the ultron piece and a nice dio base

I vote mk 43

Thanks, I don't care about the base very much. I do like the detail in the 43, and it looks more advanced and complex. The added guns on the M3 is cool though too. The 3 looks bulkier than the 43 and I can't decide what I would like better. The 43 looks sleeker but I can picture a person inside the 3 more realistically.

If you want a classic look then the 3 is a the way to go. It just depends on what you value. The mk3 is a great figure. As is the mk43. But it's essentially the 42 repainted. So do you like what the 42 did?

Thanks, I don't care about the base very much. I do like the detail in the 43, and it looks more advanced and complex. The added guns on the M3 is cool though too. The 3 looks bulkier than the 43 and I can't decide what I would like better. The 43 looks sleeker but I can picture a person inside the 3 more realistically.

Funny but that's exactly the opposite of the way they are designed. The mk3 was designed and they admitted it was not proportioned correctly so to have an actual person in it. Avi stated it. The 43 is a more realistic suit.

Funny but that's exactly the opposite of the way they are designed. The mk3 was designed and they admitted it was not proportioned correctly so to have an actual person in it. Avi stated it. The 43 is a more realistic suit.

cool- didn't know that. I would love to see these figures side by side to see the difference in proportions.

Mark III has the best film, but I don't care for the lack of articulation. (This has been beaten to death in its respective thread).

Mark VII was from a fun movie and has some cool bells and whistles in the form of heavy weapons and such, but the figure proportions (skinny arms) and some other details bugged me to the point that I sold it off.

Mark IV is my favourite suit and the figure proportions are decent; albeit still not realistic nothing sticks out like a sore thumb for me. Aftermarket prices may still be high, and you may have to deal with Pink Panties. I found a Mark IV at a decent price and absolutely love it*. It's the only armour I'll ever need and it's going nowhere. Will HT upgrade it with a DC release? Probably, but we don't know when nor do we know what kind of articulation scheme or engineering they'll use. Newer is not always better.

*I have an airbrush and some clear red if that hip armour ever turns. My sample exhibits no problems at this time.

From your choices I'd go with MKIII unless you really liked AoU but MKIII is a classic suit(next to VI and VII)

Back