1/6 Buying just ONE Iron Man - which one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would go with the mk3 figure as its the classic version. (The new dircast one)

MK3 is probably the best to get. I love the armour the most of all of them.
I currently have the StarBoost, WM MKII, MK3 DieCast and 1/4 MK43 preorder. The only other Iron Man figures id buy are the Mark 7 and WM MKI, hopefully they get rereleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Die cast Mark III for me. Easy choice. I had the Silver Centurion preordered since i misses out on the original MKIII and the Avengers one (6? There have been too many) but canceled it when they announced this one. Can't wait!

I would wait for Civil War, but Mark III is a very good choice.

MK3 is probably the best to get. I love the armour the most of all of them.
I currently have the StarBoost, WM MKII, MK3 DieCast and 1/4 MK43 preorder. The only other Iron Man figures id buy are the Mark 7 and WM MKI, hopefully they get rereleased.

Starboost is an interesting one to have in a minimalist collection like yours. Cool figure for sure, but why that one to go with your 1/6 WM and IM MkIII?

Ive thought a little about getting Starboost, thought it would be cool to get him along with the stealth armor and the hamerhead armor if they ever make one. A Space Armor, Stealth Armor and Underwater Armor would be cool grouped together because a version of these were some of the earliest specialized armors to appear in the comics books in the 80's. I'm not sure I would do it though because I want to keep my IM stuff simple and I am already pushing that because I have MkIII on order, Silver Centurion, and WM MkII and it wouldn't take too many more for IM to start taking over my office.

Mark IV. For me, it's the perfect representation of both the movies and the comic book, though the Mark 43 is growing on me.

I chose the MK6 as it was nearer to the comic version (I'm refering to the Pentagon Armor which I like, alot. :yess:)

I always think he proportion of the MK3 was off, till now even with the DC version. Never liked the MK3 :lol I'm the only weird one.

I chose the MK6 as it was nearer to the comic version (I'm refering to the Pentagon Armor which I like, alot. :yess:)

I always think he proportion of the MK3 was off, till now even with the DC version. Never liked the MK3 :lol I'm the only weird one.

I don't think that's a weird perspective, I think that's why a lot of people like the Mk IV because its so much like the III but the proportions are a bit better as the film makers perfected the idea they were going for a bit better. The biggest difference between the IV and VI is shape of the arc reactor.

With that said, proportions aside, I do like the MkIII a lot though and it being the first red and gold armor is cool. It reminds me most of the classic armor in the comics. One detail that sells this are the two "screws?" on the top of the breast plate above the arc reactor which mirrors the two "ports?" on the classic comic Iron Man Armor. The straighter horizontal lines across the midsection also remind me of those kind of lines on the classic comic's armored gloves, boots, and "briefs". For me, if I was getting just one Iron Man it is this one because it reminds me most of the comics. Of course this is completely subjective because the movie armors are only an interpretation of the comics and there are many variations of iron Man's armor through out the years in the comics too.

Starboost is an interesting one to have in a minimalist collection like yours. Cool figure for sure, but why that one to go with your 1/6 WM and IM MkIII?

Ive thought a little about getting Starboost, thought it would be cool to get him along with the stealth armor and the hamerhead armor if they ever make one. A Space Armor, Stealth Armor and Underwater Armor would be cool grouped together because a version of these were some of the earliest specialized armors to appear in the comics books in the 80's. I'm not sure I would do it though because I want to keep my IM stuff simple and I am already pushing that because I have MkIII on order, Silver Centurion, and WM MkII and it wouldn't take too many more for IM to start taking over my office.

You know, I buy not based on any notion of minimalist or completist parameters. I just bought based on what I liked and enjoyed. Yeah with StarBoost immediately I was drawn to the design and how different it was. It went beyond my enjoyment of the Iron Man character. I truly love the figure and knew it was probably the one figure I'd buy from IM3 and the house party protocol. There are many amazing IM figures that are being released and while I enjoy and admire the craftsmanship and detail I'm limiting the amount of figures from this franchise. Like I said, after receiving the MKIII DieCast and 1/4 scale MK43 the only two other figures id be open to getting are the MK7 and WM MK I.
Still I love the passion you IM completists have. Makes for an awesome display and collection. Much love y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...Yeah with StarBoost immediately I was drawn to the design and how different it was. It went beyond my enjoyment of the Iron Man character. I truly love the figure...

I can see how it would, it has a real nice scifi vibe that transcends Iron Man for sure.

Mk 3 was supposed to be the only one but the long wait made me buy a heartbreaker (plus it went on sale + double rewards). My goal now is to just have atleast one IM for each movie. I guess I have to get one from IM2, Avengers, AoU & then CW. Lol!

I have no interest to buy any other iron man figures after silver centurion. My favorite armor from the comics so I am good

I loved the pentagon chest piece from the comics! If that ever makes it into an armor, I may have to buy that figure. Yet, I really hate the triangle on the Mark 6. But among the MCU looks, I prefer the circle arc reactors, especially the Mark 3. Go figure... :lol

Back