Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Customizing your Marines: TIPS

Just want to share my WIP Frost with you all. Still have a few more things to add before I can be satisfied

Well done indeed!
Very nice and love the attention to detail (like his 3x belt tools!) I just realized that helmet cover got put to use pretty quick!

Re: Customizing your Marines: TIPS

Well done indeed!
Very nice and love the attention to detail (like his 3x belt tools!) I just realized that helmet cover got put to use pretty quick!

I owe you for the Nuke Em detail. I used three layers of cloth tape over a layer of blue tape so I don't damage the armor if I ever decide to change it.

That cloth cover is still unused believe it or not. I've had a Hudson cover for years. I'm holding onto the one I got from you for a future custom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, they likely won't be 'wowing' anyone like Fergo's metal creations, but I finished my knives.

I am actually really happy with how my sheaths turned out. Sheaths were made with scissors, some scrap 'pleather', some glue, and the tiny magnets that Kam pointed me to a few pages back. The magnets really are stellar (and cheap!).

The knives were made by chopping up non-accurate knives and gluing and sculpting where necessary to try and achieve a more screen accurate look.

20160709_225924.jpg20160708_140956.jpg

20160710_110620.jpg

20160710_110607.jpg

20160710_114758.jpg

Just popped them on Drake and Vaz before I ran out of time. Should get the other 5 attached this evening.
20160710_122845.jpg
20160710_123715_HDR.jpg

Well done mate !!! Those custom self made knives and sheaths look great!!!

And you found the tinny magnets: Pretty useful for many projects. :lecture

The pulse meter is the watch. They go on the left wrist.

If you mean the locator tube, then no one carried them. Toss them in a pocket and forget about them.

How's this?

That is the one I was thinking of as well, but I believe that is a fan-made one (by Chris "FNG" Chulamanis). He researched his stuff pretty hard, so I have no doubt it is pretty accurate.

The sheath on the NECA hicks is pretty accurate too as I recall.

Your Props generally show the screen used items.

I don't doubt there are screen used items there, but they don't stop replicas from being posted. Replicas are all over that site. Most admit it plainly in the description. Just type aliens into the home page and you will find more than a dozen replica props just on the first two pages. Even the "original" stuff often is just the same item the original prop was made from (like the Hicks lighter and Vasquez' bandana). They'll trick ya if you don't read the fine print.

The second image is just the stock Hot Toys sheath, which Kam is trying to rebuild more accurate.

Bigbisont nailed it. I am going for accuracy. That prop might be close but no cigar. Its difficult to get screenshots from the film. Right now I am talking with Gustavo Bautista to make it and I am trying to make some research. He did it before, he sent me this pics
b7a2017adaa125f6ea26e684ef6419a5.jpg

5f4b1a4ff5f622d1fd4a364ab8766278.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I would really like to create an accurate shotgun holster for Hicks but I'm not so good at working with leather. Kam if you are thinking of commissioning somebody to make one I would be keen to get in on that action if you don't mind. If you are making it yourself then I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

I would really like to create an accurate shotgun holster for Hicks but I'm not so good at working with leather. Kam if you are thinking of commissioning somebody to make one I would be keen to get in on that action if you don't mind. If you are making it yourself then I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

I dont have the skill nor the patience. Gustavo will make it for me, you can jump in but there is a queue, I had to wait about a month and a half for my turn. [emoji33]

Cool thanks for letting me know Kam. Right I better contact Gustavo and reserve my place in the queue haha. Look forward to seeing more progress on your marines.

Cool thanks for letting me know Kam. Right I better contact Gustavo and reserve my place in the queue haha. Look forward to seeing more progress on your marines.

Lol !!! He just told me has been asked about a Hicks holster. It was you. Great!!! [emoji1]

He finished mine. Since I dont find proper pics this is as close as we are getting. I asked him to change his previous version, make some holes and add some kind of different buckle in front . Also weathered it. In the pic where the figure is wearing it, it was not weathered yet, but in the other two it is.

Great work by Gustavo !!! Next. The little bronica lighter pouch

2c39a9d4a7c1040583fda09476fc344a.jpg

aca6d0810bee774694a9ce574ebdd87f.jpg

8076c1da4c02aa38c32e31326c61d51c.jpg

I guess everyone is using this prop as reference

d36c520ccd1fb0c7b197239a8a24dd86.jpg

Back