Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys, Fergo messaged me to take note of your intestest since some of you contacted him on your own after I did. He told me that if we make an order together, he will give us a better price since he can focus on them .I open an interest here but will open in the interest thread too to get as many people as we can.

Will get a price depending on people.

Interest list.

option 1. Night raider knife
option 2. Gerber knife
option 3. Night raider knife with sheath
option 4. Gerber knife with sheath
option 5 .Night raider + Gerber knife + 2 sheaths
option 6. Full set. 4 night knives + 1 gerber knife + 5 sheaths

1.kam veitch - option 3

Re: Customizing your Marines: TIPS

modded on my Hudson the knife sheath. Mainly cut the upper part and also added an small magnet

image2.jpeg

I do have the DID SWAT body. The seamless arms have terrible articulation due to plastic joints. The recent release from DAM (their first SDU figure set) have metal joints and decent articulation. However, early release ones have rubber breakdown (cracks?) issues. It's been happening to mine very recently.

And also thanks for the feedback. I broke down and bought the SWAT body despite the poor articulation, so my expectations are low. The price was decent so figured why not give it a whirl.

OK guys, Fergo messaged me to take note of your intestest since some of you contacted him on your own after I did. He told me that if we make an order together, he will give us a better price since he can focus on them .I open an interest here but will open in the interest thread too to get as many people as we can.

Will get a price depending on people.

Interest list.

option 1. Night raider knife
option 2. Gerber knife
option 3. Night raider knife with sheath
option 4. Gerber knife with sheath
option 5 .Night raider + Gerber knife + 2 sheaths
option 6. Full set. 4 night knives + 1 gerber knife + 5 sheaths

1.kam veitch - option 3

Paid the deposit for the full set option! Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random notes and updates...

1- I got my DID SWAT body in. I do not feel great about it as a Hicks option. I guess it could be worse. Articulation in the shoulders is quite good actually, but the elbows will NOT hold any sort of pose. Best you will get is a slight bend in the elbow before it springs back.

On the flip side, it makes a great replacement body for Drake! Pics to follow eventually but it has a nice pale skin tone and the lack of articulation isn't that big a deal for someone holding a smartgun or simply standing menacingly.

2- The top to bottom rebuild of my squad continues...

Fading BDUs (note the single untreated pants for contrast)
20160430_160742.jpg

Tried just darkening it and weathering it more, but there are two colors in the stock scheme that are just too wrong to try and cover. Best to just start all over from scratch.
20160616_141506.jpg

Nothing was black! It was all Brown bess (or olive drab if you prefer)
20160616_141516.jpg

3- Next week I should have a not-exactly-marine related but still very related update that will blow the roof off this sucker! It arrives tomorrow and should have it built in short order.

Last edited:
Alright, now the "not quite related to making your marines accurate, but still relevant and awesome" updates:

1- Colony Corridor parts are under way. An 'interest' thread has been started over in the custom creations section of the forum. If you have any interest in creating a diorama of the corridor, then please let your interest be known!
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ns-colony-walls-floor-set-pieces-diorama.html

2- 1/6th scale Sentry Guns EXIST!!! "AceRimmer" (shapeways shop name: Chezmati) on the Aliens Legacy slapped together the 3D model and has made them available on shapeways. I dove in and bought one. This is what I ended up with after some minor tweaking.

410.jpg
530.jpg
930.jpg
730.jpg

The 3D model is damn good. There are tweaks that could be made to make it better, but its damn good and about time we finally have these available in 6th scale! Ace also modeled several other diorama parts like the storage boxes, crates and even the crates the power loaders move around (but shapeways is boning us on the price for the large items).

I have to say I am pretty happy and I will try to get some images with figures in frame later.

Don't bother looking at the 1/10th neca scale one then! (it needed to be made of a different more expensive material to keep details)

In all seriousness, def not cheap. However not unreasonable considering what everything else costs in this hobby. Look no further than custom heads. Just the heads and no paint job will cost $45-$70 for a resin casting, which is cheaper to make than 3D printing.

Not sure what you expected for a 3D print of something this size, but I don't think there is much that can be done aside from the seller printing them himself, cutting shapeways out of the picture, casting them himself, and then selling them in resin. Hell, he may be up for it some day. Who knows though.

Back