Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing new or revolutionary, but figured since I posted my custom guys I may as well post my tweaked ones.

Drake

Ripley

Vaz

Apone

Hicks & Hudson: No new 'accurate' head. Still waiting for that perfect one to fall in my lap I guess. I really just tweaked the details.

Fantastic marines bigbisont, any chance of a group shot?

On another note i really need one of those belt tools/popguns, where can i get one?

Fantastic marines bigbisont, any chance of a group shot?

On another note i really need one of those belt tools/popguns, where can i get one?

Thanks Nick. Group shots are definitely coming!

I could use 5 more belt tools myself (frost & dietrich dont have any on my figures). Oddly enough, they came with the Drake and Vasquez figures. It would appear "hot toys" made them assuming they were the "batteries" for the smart guns and issued 2 each with Vasquez and Drake (no doubt from word the smart gun batteries were made from the same prop).

I have never seen anyone sell them seperately (not popular enough to part out I guess?) but if anyone cares to part with some, I'm sure interested.

Thanks for the info! I just messaged my friend who lives down the road if i can borrow his belt tool from his drake figure to mould and cast some copies. If its ok with him ill send some your way bigbisont :)

Here's my Hudson almost complete. Stills needs a belt tool and the hacking pouch.

Last edited:
hello all

i happened upon this forum while looking up tips on customizing my marines and i was blown away by all the work here! i wish i found this years ago!

can anyone give a newbie some tips on repainting the ht stoner head? do you have to strip the paint and prime the head to make it look good?

i appreciate any advice you guys can share with me

I've just bought the Dx 05 body for hicks but realised its got the sculpted neck. Is there any way to mod it. Anybody?

Yeah mate,
You cut the neck off, almost flush with the jaw and hair line at the back and sand the cut inwards at an angle of about 45 degrees. Then pack the inside of the head with silicone gum (Siligum by Gedeo - about $10 for 10g, from hobby stores or ebay). Before the gum sets push it down hard onto the neck peg. Wait 5-10 mins and it is a perfect fit. Still removable, and still poseable.
I used the same mod several times on my Lost Pred customs.
Also someone has done a more complex mod on the new Pred 2 in a recent thread.
Dizzy

All I can say is WOW!!! Very nice.
Thanks, mate!

Aaaaaaand this work is still in progress! LOL. It will never end.
Added shin knives to Vasq and Drake. Knives themselves are not 100% movie accurate, but they are the same I've used with the rest squad members. So I decide to keep it rolling this way. Pretty nice, I'm glad.
Now I'm waiting for the radio set and watches for my Bishop, shipped out.
AND movie accurate headsets from WGP, we really need lots of them.

Last edited:
You just can't get enought Lance. *___*

I've picked up some ArtFigures watches and radio for my Bishop, from The Rock figure. Looks nice.
Now I wish to get few proper headphones sets so badly! ><

Back