Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys Advanced or previous Muscular TTM-19 bodies.

TTM-19 is pretty nice with it's solid strong hands, but you can bend them only for 90o. Also it has the rubber neck, so you gonna need the neck-less custom head. You can order one with or without neck from Snyder-man.
Here is Hicks on TTM-19 by Seb:
https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c304/elvis1976/new3/album new/P1060889_zps529a0481.jpg

But my personal choice is Advanced. It has old looking ugly open joints, but hands are very good articulated. You can pose him any way you want, even with his rifle raised up (like I did). And the neck joint is common, for the head with neck.

The original HT body is trash. It's yellow, glossy and it fits not very nice.

Also you really need to get custom head. The one from HotToys have nothing in common with Michael Connell Biehn. I'd recommend you head from Snyder-man.

Thanks for the advice, I rather that he pose better, besides, with all that armor, I don't think my eyes would focus on his joints :3

How much do the Advance body go for? I'm not in a hurry like I said, just getting some info. He's my Grail Figure and I want to take my sweet time handling him.

The original HT body is trash. It's yellow, glossy and it fits not very nice.

Yeah I was actually playing a bit with Hicks yesterday. His head is wayy off haha.

picture.php

picture.php
[

This is the best body for your needs, I think. Search for and get this set:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10429&mode=retail
It was released not long ago, pretty easy to find.

Here is Snyder-man's thread:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90170

Very own Hicks thread:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87963
They also provide the painting services, but mine was painted not by Snyder team.

And you should read this thread, a lot of info here. If you want this figure as your Grail - you need to customize it. Well... like a lot. Good luck!

Thanks a lot! Well he cost so much, I don't mind swapping heads of the body. Wow they made Jones : D !!

You very welcome, Ramona!

I actually have their Ripley and Jonsie at my painter right now. Gonna finish my Alien 1 collection soon. )))) Just can't wait!

You very welcome, Ramona!

I actually have their Ripley and Jonsie at my painter right now. Gonna finish my Alien 1 collection soon. )))) Just can't wait!

I love Alien & Aliens. I can re-watch it all the time and never get bored. So I can't wait to see how your Ripley turns out!

Sorta wish there was a Newt ( I think I saw a custom somewhere )

Hot Toys Advanced or previous Muscular TTM-19 bodies.

TTM-19 is pretty nice with it's solid strong hands, but you can bend them only for 90o. Also it has the rubber neck, so you gonna need the neck-less custom head. You can order one with or without neck from Snyder-man.
Here is Hicks on TTM-19 by Seb:
https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c304/elvis1976/new3/album new/P1060889_zps529a0481.jpg

But my personal choice is Advanced. It has old looking ugly open joints, but hands are very good articulated. You can pose him any way you want, even with his rifle raised up (like I did). And the neck joint is common, for the head with neck
There are a few bodies with sculpted arms that can accommodate the necked heads, such as the ones that came with the First Avenger Captain America figures, though those are rather paler than the TTM-19, and if my example is anything to go by, tend to have glue residue on the arms.

Alternatively, one might use the SSC Zartan body.

Hey guys hope someone can help. Does anyone know where I can find a 1/6 pulse rifle?? Searched high and low but no success. Need it for my Ripley custom. eBay has nothing :/
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
My 2cents on the body: The body is 90% covered and not even with tight fitting gear, so I never felt the urge to drop $80+ on a new body. Find one that accepts the head sculpt you have chosen and has natural looking arms (skin tone, elbow joints, and realistic hands, which are the weakest points of the stock body). Thats all you need.

I personally don't get everyone's obsession with finding jacked up muscle bodies. If you prefer the heroic look that is great, but its not really accurate let alone required. Hicks and Hudson were not muscle men. Sure they were 'fit', but both actors maxed out at 180lbs at the time and Paxton was openly mocked on set by the stuntman who played Weirzbowski for having no muscle at all ("more meat on a cat's c@ck" was Steadman's phrase describing Paxton's arms).

In short, being happy with your own figure is the most important thing and there is absolutely no need to drop big money on a body or stress finding one with elaborate features that will be covered and/or inaccurate anyways.

Hey guys hope someone can help. Does anyone know where I can find a 1/6 pulse rifle?? Searched high and low but no success. Need it for my Ripley custom. eBay has nothing :/
Thanks in advance

Unfortunately ebay is it. Your right, things have dried up as of late, but in my experience it always goes in bursts. Availability and pricing seems to eb and flow in waves. Stay after it and keep alert. They will pop up again eventually.

Unfortunately ebay is it. Your right, things have dried up as of late, but in my experience it always goes in short controlled bursts. Availability and pricing seems to eb and flow in waves. Stay frostyand keep alert. They mostly come out at night, mostly.

Your last paragraph just needed a slight re-edit :lol

Seriously though, thanks for the info man :duff

Feedback request gang.

I may have a trade in the works to FINALLY pickup all of the Aliens Marines in one fell swoop. If going by present completed e-bay auctions, is $1250-1500 value fair for all 5 built but complete with boxes? (I have Ripley in my collection already) I :slap myself for missing out on the OMSR back in the day ($500):thud:

I missed picking these up in 2004-2005 and have always wanted these but never seemed in the right place at the right time.

Thanks for the reply (if I get any )

I finally slapped some paint on new heads I got for my Hicks and Hudson. They are literally the first and second heads I have ever even TRIED to paint, so forgive the rough edges!

A "Bill Kern" Hudson (same guy that did the Predator team)

For Hicks, I grabbed a "Stoner head". It's not bad at all and will serve its purpose as a huge upgrade over the stock head. But the whole "Stoner head" is a bit of a scam! Details below.

Some more paint

I also attached the savannah bronica lighter I made from a Neca shotgun holster and McFarlane clasp

Hicks back on his shelf (with updated Dietrich).

So back to the "Stoner Head". I realized after I had gotten it, and painted it... that it is all a SCAM!!! Hot toys may very well have "hidden" the the Biehn sculpt as the Stoner figure, but they also hid it in plain site. Sorry if this is old info, but I just realized it's the same head as the STOCK HUDSON!!! Its amazing how good or bad paint can bring out or hide a likeness. The stock Hudson head is the same sculpt as the Stoner head, just painted in a way so it looks nothing like Biehn. Check out the comparisons. Also for the record, the stock Hot Toys Hicks head is simply a "softened" (less hard contours) with different hair of these sculpts too.

Anyways, that was my weekend...

Well I was able to work a trade for all Marines, save Vasquez :(. I am going to peruse this thread carefully and attempt some of the mods that the rest have you have graciously shared.

I finally slapped some paint on new heads I got for my Hicks and Hudson. They are literally the first and second heads I have ever even TRIED to paint, so forgive the rough edges!

A "Bill Kern" Hudson (same guy that did the Predator team)

For Hicks, I grabbed a "Stoner head". It's not bad at all and will serve its purpose as a huge upgrade over the stock head. But the whole "Stoner head" is a bit of a scam! Details below.

Some more paint

I also attached the savannah bronica lighter I made from a Neca shotgun holster and McFarlane clasp

Hicks back on his shelf (with updated Dietrich).

So back to the "Stoner Head". I realized after I had gotten it, and painted it... that it is all a SCAM!!! Hot toys may very well have "hidden" the the Biehn sculpt as the Stoner figure, but they also hid it in plain site. Sorry if this is old info, but I just realized it's the same head as the STOCK HUDSON!!! Its amazing how good or bad paint can bring out or hide a likeness. The stock Hudson head is the same sculpt as the Stoner head, just painted in a way so it looks nothing like Biehn. Check out the comparisons. Also for the record, the stock Hot Toys Hicks head is simply a "softened" (less hard contours) with different hair of these sculpts too.

Anyways, that was my weekend...

pretty awesome stuff bro! that hudson is fantastic!! any chance you selling that badboy?

Miguel

Hey Gang, I posted some USMC items that I am in need of in the WANTED section. Any help to locate would be most appreciated. :)

Not sure this is the "help" you wanted, but I peaked at your list. Truth is you don't need most of that stuff (unless of course your goal is to assemble a factory figure with original accessories just on principle). The accessories were pretty inaccurate out of the box. For example, the VP70 pistols came with every figure, but of the figures made, only Apone actually had one! (Vaz had a pistol, but different model and different style holster. Other characters carried the VP70 but never got a figure made of them).

So if screen accuracy is your goal, in regard to your 'want' list:

-The "bullets" you reference are Grenades. Apone didn't actually have them at all in the film and Hicks spent most of the movie with only 3 (although he did start with 4 in his right strap).

-I suspect the "small scanner" you are talking about is the hand torch. Again, despite the fact every figure came with them, ONLY Hicks and Hudson actually carried them in the film. (Vaz would use one, but she did not start with one. It was probably Hudson's because it disappeared from his belt when Vaz was seen with it). Point is, Apone doesn't need one as he never had it in the movie.

-The "chest emblems" are really just cardboard with velcro on them and are pretty aweful. I recommend onesixthking.com for printed "patches" and "name tapes". He does them in any name with the correct colors and fonts. I ordered "Gorman" ones and my own name for S&!+$ and giggles and they turned out great.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the Crotch pad or binoculars. I sold off my extras long ago. But the rest of the stuff is not necessary unless your focus is a complete factory boxed set rather than an accurate figure. Good luck either way!

Back