Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey nice work elvis

one thing though
the danger and lightning bolts under the love kanji arent on his actual armor.
the armor that people have been referencing is fan made, not the actual armor from the movie.
If you freeze frame the part where hicks leans in and jams his pulse rifle into the gears of the machinery. you can clearly see his back.
Its just the kanji and lifer written in white between the 2 hook things at the bottom of his armor
:)
he also has his social security number tattooed on his upper left arm
cant remember what it is but its on the mcfarelane figure

Thanks for the info about the danger markings, I will have to correct that mistake.

I know about the arm tat's, I still need to do that.
I just got the heads in. Gonna finish those badasses.

Here's my otherwise stock Hudson with the Snyder-Man head repainted by Skiman.

DSC_0267-1_zpsad633ca9.jpg

DSC_0270-1_zps5a5c794e.jpg

I switched out the body on my Hudson but that's all. I would love to be able to get some custom heads for all my Marines, especially Drake. I think the Vaquez head is great all by itself but could use a repaint to make it look perfect, like some of the others I have seen in this thread.

Made a chest-holster and tweaked a S&W M39 (cut off silencer and repainted) to hammer out this rig this weeekend.

VixedVaz1_zps3781edf1.jpg

Vaz and Gorman
VazGormanfixed_zpsa2299ac9.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys this is my first custom marine, i made it using this great kit i got on ebay, it was supose to be the rusian rifle man version??? So i when with it , after all the point is having fun rigth!!

Hi guys this is my first custom marine, i made it using this great kit i got on ebay, it was supose to be the rusian rifle man version??? So i when with it , after all the point is having fun rigth!!

You know I missed out on those kits. I have come to learn they were 'recasts' of the old EVA kits (EVA no longer in business as owner passed away) and stirred up quite a controversy at one point.

I suggest re-spraying the armor (you know, unless you are russian and really dig the idea, or just really dig the scheme). The funky blue paint was just an attempt to "look different" by the recaster*, not something you should feel like your obligated or married to. I think with your choice of BDU a nice flat OD color would really look slick.

*I admit that all happened before I was in to the hobby, so reports/forum posting I have read may be skewed to one side or the other. If someone knows differently or has any more info, I welcome it.

Last edited:
So I did some more "research" and have updated the chart I posted a few pages back. Mostly minor stuff (belt tool counts, glove details, expanded idea of 'armor' into 'additional clothing', better defined sleeve rolls, etc)

USCMLoadOut2-1-13_zpsbbd1b3b9.png

Doesnt matter what forum I post this, everyone wants to argue about Drake and "his" flamethrower. For a detailed, detailed argument on this, see post 15 (2nd one from Jan 16th) from this argument. https://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12108&p=183898#p183898

If you dont want to click the link, the most obvious of the 4 major points I make is the first frame/scene the flame unit FIRST appears 'on Drake's person', it is slung over one shoulder, dangling wildly, and OVER the top of his arms. That is NOT how marines carry "backup" weapons in to battle (continuity error or otherwise). It IS 100% how someone who scoops something up hastily stashes it for a moment while they continue to fight. Give James Cameron a little credit here. :wink1:
DrakeLeaving3_zpsb6ebcfbe.jpg

So of course he had it. But, no, it wasnt "his". Just like Apone also used and 'died' with a flamethrower that wasnt "his" (Apone got it from Frost).

But clearly no one really cares so I'll stop ranting now...:thud:

Yes, I always assumed he grabbed Wierzsbowski's or maybe the one Apone had got seperated from him when he was jumped. He definately didn't go into the hive with a backup flamethrower on him.

Made a chest-holster and tweaked a S&W M39 (cut off silencer and repainted) to hammer out this rig this weeekend.

VixedVaz1_zps3781edf1.jpg

Vaz and Gorman
VazGormanfixed_zpsa2299ac9.jpg

Great work on both! I really like the S&W M39 it looks great and the rig. I have been trying for ages to find one with no luck so far.

Great work on both! I really like the S&W M39 it looks great and the rig. I have been trying for ages to find one with no luck so far.

Thanks! I wish I could tell you where to find one. I have no idea what brand it is.

It looked like this when I spotted it in a big 'for sale lot' on the OSW site.
20130114_144004_zps20ba1d2a.jpg

Then after trimming/paint.
20130127_204742_zps92b10ee1.jpg

Funny thing happened with the bdu, i was aiming for the figurehero one, i made the order and what i got finally was this one, i was so new in all this customizing thing that i didnt notice untyl too late that i recive a wrong one, so i when with it just for fun!!

Back