Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That little 'beard'. I/some/we called it like that for teasing only, but always. Cause it is a ridicoulus way to wear and cut beard like that.

And I never noticed in the Movie, nor on comon pictures:

It might be movie correct, but for me it is still a difference if you barrley notice that thing or see it right a way as dark spot unter the mouth. So I could live without on my new head. Easely! :wave

You are correct he does not have it in every scene. Snyder-man is willing to remove necks from sculpts at no extra cost. I don't think they would mind knocking the fungus off if you purchased a casting. Just ask.

I posted this in the Snyder-Man thread, but I got the Game Over sculpt today, and I dig the heck out of it:

DSC_0873.jpg

DSC_0864.jpg

DSC_0876.jpg

DSC_0871.jpg

Versus the stock sculpt:

DSC_0877.jpg

For those who have been on the fence about the Snyder-man heads, they are having a buy two get one free sale until Monday, That is 3 unpainted sculpts for less than $100.

Yeah, wish I could have seen into the future, as I bought a couple of their heads over the past couple of months. The "Game Over" Paxton and Venkman are both the best versions of those characters I have seen in this scale.

My apologies for neglecting this thread. The Alien USCM sculpts are being worked on, delayed by Hurricane Sandy, but beginning to move forward now. As stated in their thread, $25 per head will be their cost. If you've seen the Predator sculpts you know you won't be disappointed.
In the meantime here's a few shots of what you might accessorize with:
PoppoAlienegg05b.jpg

PoppoAlienegg06a.jpg

PoppoAlienegg07a.jpg

Stay Frosty!

There will be a lot of people that will disagree but Snyder-man's Hudson looks nothing like Paxton to me at all
Sorry, just don't see him in the sculpt
Not say that whoever sculpted it is not good at what they do
Just a complete miss for me
Lonnies Hudson was a much better likeness IMO
As for hicks
I won't be spending any money on another hicks until I see what WGP
Will offer, judging from the work they do
I think it will be dead on.
Same with there Hudson.
So here's hoping

That's just my 2 cent and I'm sure most of you will disagree

Last edited:
There will be a lot of people that will disagree but Snyder-man's Hudson looks nothing like Paxton to me at all
As for hicks
Same with there Hudson.
So here's hoping

The best Hudson is Game over version from Snyder IMO. The first version doesn't look like Paxton, I agree. Regarding Hicks, the best option is FML or Snyder's. :dunno

I think that "game over" Hudson head looks great, and I can only imagine how good it would look all painted up. I can see where you are coming from though dano669, sometimes I have seen unpainted headsculpts on here that just didn't look like the person it was intended to be. So I can totally understand where that facial expression just causes you not to see Paxton at all.

As for hicks
Same with there Hudson.
So here's hoping

Snyder-man doesn't have a fanbase to speak of here so don't worry about being ganged up on. I posted this earlier in the thread, but it bears repeating:

While not perfect the Snyder-man head is as close as anyone is likely to get to Paxton. In hand it has more of a resemblence than the photos indicate. Paxton has very nondiscript features so without sculpting one of his goofy expressions it's going to be difficult for any sculptor to capture his likeness with a neutral expression. I'm opened minded enough to realize a better version may come along. In the past Snyder-man's mom has gone back and reworked sculpts that didn't get much attention (Liam Neeson/Brian Mills is one example). While thier Hudson head isn't starting any fires here I'm told it's doing really well on ebay so I doubt this version gets reworked. Still looking forward to Snyder-man offering the Predator team. Kearn's are nice, but I want to see Joy's sculpts before diving into that group of customs.

An expressionless Paxton is going to be difficult. Snyder-man markets his mother's sculpts. She has been doing custom head sculpts for over 10 years. Her husband told me she has easily done over 1000 head sculpts in 1/9 to 1/4 scale. That is experience that few if any other sculptors have that post thier work here. That being said I wasn't sold on the first Paxton when I first saw it. However after studying pictures of him I couldn't find anything that looked off. Most people remember Hudson as a hysterical smart @$$ who was either laughing or crying all the way through the movie. I was told the game over sculpt was reworked from the wax original of the first version of Paxton. With the expression it is very obviously Paxton which suggest that the first version is probably closer than a lot of people think. If you don't like it that is your opinion, you are intitled to it. Believe me I see a lot of sculpts on here people praise to the moon that I can't stand. More sculpt are being offered of these characters so everyone should be able to mix and match and get the squad they want.

It is good that there are some many people doing marine sculpts though
I wish I didn't sell my squad
Only have ripley and hicks now

Regret selling vas.
Need a smart gunner lol

I agree that WGP does great work. Only problem is the wait. It's been a year since they started showing Indy sculpts, and for one reason or another we're still waiting.

And I actually PM'd Shatner about Hudson several months back, and he suggested it was possible depending on interest, but considering the rest of what they have on their plate and the time it takes them to get something produced, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yeah that is true
They were doing a pair of gargoyle glasses for the HT T1 terminator

Then nothing

They're the ht of the custom world lol
Build you up for aaaaaaaaaages lol

If only Biehn etc weren't so stingy with likeness rights we might have gotten the hicks etc that we wanted
Or a reissue
But after seeing how fox burned him in being in Alien 3 and the fact he was payed very little for Aliens
I don't blame him

Back