Build your own Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys. stilll debating if i should sew him up or velcro the back of the suit.
does anyone know of any 1/6th crossbows that could be modified into chewy's bowcaster? if we could get the basic shape it shouldn't be to hard to add a few scopes and some spheres for the bow ends.

Picture100_zps47c13a59.jpg

chewbacca 1.0......& 2.0

as you can see he is a bit taller than the first one and narrower. got the hands done but going to go back and heat shrink the shoulder joint. might touch the feet up a bit more but overall real happy with how this is coming along. next the head........:panic:

:rock:rock:rock

The Hasbro fur is indeed nice especially considering the price.

I'm using my fur for... well, something less charming... (spoiler; related to the "walking carpet" jokes, and a naked Leia :))

Great job to Barryo, and Shocktrooper_AU, and particulary to Flosi!!! :clap Who would have thought of a Lego armature? Loving the comradery of the SW Custom section!:clap

Great job to Barryo, and Shocktrooper_AU, and particulary to Flosi!!! :clap Who would have thought of a Lego armature? Loving the comradery of the SW Custom section!:clap

Thanks mate, will finish this on the weekend to cast, guys do you have any idea how tall the neck needs to be? I'd like to make a tube for the neck rather then a full head to keep it light

Thanks mate, will finish this on the weekend to cast, guys do you have any idea how tall the neck needs to be? I'd like to make a tube for the neck rather then a full head to keep it light

well, this is the part that very well could be different from each one depending on what everyone uses as the base head. for instance i had already planned on using a jaxx undertaker head to sculpt on so i had to get creative with the neck mount. now if you are offering sculpts for people to use you may need to work out the mounting issue yourself and show how you did it as a choice for those that might buy your head. i will say this, you have to allow a bit of room from where the shoulder lego piece is to the bottom of the neck connector is to allow for the fur suit to lay right and look proportional. if it could some how be made adjustable to lower or heighten that would be better. i may have to totally tear down my neck mount down as i plan on getting one of your base sculpts myself...........but i'm also going to take a stab at my own. i have enough fur to attempt a couple and decide which one i want to use.

Damn you guys! I bought a Lego set and have a ton of extra fur. I'm gonna rebuild that all over again.

In the meatinme my broken medicom C3PO and net backpack is almost ready for my chewie :)

Back