Build your own Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a pretty thick body once you think about it being scaled for a 1/6 figure... and at 18" tall you'd need to do a lot of mods on what would be a very expensive base body.

I think the Sideshow Vader is probably the best option in terms of height and build. I used a DCD Sinestro which is also a pretty good one.

i'm not real sure any doll body works with the hasbro suits. i scrapped my 2nd sinestro body even though i had whittled it down paper thin. hasbro suit still puffy..........:gah:
flosi and i were talking and i mentioned that i wish there was a tall skeleton body like coo ones and kept thinking i would just make something out of dowels but he came up with a way easier solution. i think i had to buy like 3 bags of those lego packs to get what i needed but hey it was cheap, easy, & works great.

So are you sewing the Hasbro suit to also be super thin? I remember having a bear of time getting it to turn inside out after sewing it together when I worked on mine.

So are you sewing the Hasbro suit to also be super thin? I remember having a bear of time getting it to turn inside out after sewing it together when I worked on mine.

i did a little bit on the arms just because they seemed a bit excessive...............but the beauty of the skeleton frame is you really don't have to now. it slides right in the suit with room to spare. nothing pushes out & that puffy look that a lot of the custom chewys suffer from is virtually gone now. if anything he may need to be padded a bit in the chest depending on how you like the fit.

That is why I ended up gluing portions of fur directly to the body. To take away as much bulkiness I could.

Great job, FLOSI! But you may want to fix your first post. You said:
"Mayhew was close to 8" tall with the costume on."
Perhaps you were talking about a certain appendage. :lol

I'm nervous to start the head.... I think I want to build something like this:

build5.jpg

I'm nervous to start the head.... I think I want to build something like this:

build5.jpg

It's important to get the underlying shape as close as you can before starting. I realized after finishing the 2nd head that the snout was just a bit off and it really bugs the crap out of me :lol

I still have 3 hasbro one layin' around :lol

You will see gluing the hair on the face is the most tricky.
I used fabri tac glue, try avoiding superglue.

Fabric glue is definitely the way to go :lecture The fur reacts poorly with super glue and turns white and brittle.

yea the base used for the head is critical. i just kinda winged my first one. i have been & going to do more research and a concentrated effort on the 2nd one.

Interesting... However someone might fry pan me for saying I'd rather have a TTM-19 inspired sculpted Chewie. Ntm sculpted hair would be better suited to go with the Han's sculpted hair. That's the thing that bugs me about 1/6 getting my figures to be unique but alike.

Back