Build you own Falcon subscription

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 40 issues so far. I have yet to start building this thing. I think I'll wait until the winter and start.

That looks fantastic. I'm going to have to try painting mine when it's all put together as well.

I completed the subscription back in January of this year and still waiting for additional aftermarket parts before starting on it.

You'll find a great amount of fantastic 3D printed items on Shapeways for this kit. TonyRR is probably the best resource there. I've picked up a landing light kit from England as well. This will be THE Millennium Falcon model in my collection and I want to go all out with it.

Figured I would post some progress. Bottom hull, some air brushing yet to go then calling it done.

Attachments

• IMG_4124.jpg
    IMG_4124.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_4094.jpg
    IMG_4094.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_4095.jpg
    IMG_4095.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 216
It’s a fun build, Deags delays will drive you insane but other then that I’m enjoying it

It’s a fun build, Deags delays will drive you insane but other then that I’m enjoying it

Wow, they are still having delays? With as long as this kit has been out I would of thought all the kinks would of been worked out already.

i Thought the same but have been hearing of some delays again with the mid 40’s issues.
I went through a solid four month delay at one point but have all 100 plus the 100a issues and am a bit past half way building it.

And THAT was my biggest question, and still if you buy the complete kit you get it but people that have been paying for a year or more get ****ed.

i Thought the same but have been hearing of some delays again with the mid 40’s issues.
I went through a solid four month delay at one point but have all 100 plus the 100a issues and am a bit past half way building it.

Well that sucks to hear. I'm waiting for them to ship my first set of issues which I'm guessing are issues 1-8 for the 12 month subscription. I have issues 9-32 already that I bought off a guy for $100. So after I get the first set of issues I'm going to request they advance my subscription to issue 33 and continue from there.

I completed my subscription last year or so and they did send me that last "update/correction" set for the parts that had been missed from the studio model, having fallen off prior. That was pretty cool.

Just got email that my first set of the subscription, Issues 1 & 2 are backordered. Bad start to this project :lol

Figured I would post an update, not finished, not perfect but built by me for me so it’s all good. Lol

Attachments

• 8A363624-EC70-4CD5-9647-B2666A692AFF.jpg
    8A363624-EC70-4CD5-9647-B2666A692AFF.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 9CB9F42F-00D0-45B5-A9D5-2D824A169DF3.jpg
    9CB9F42F-00D0-45B5-A9D5-2D824A169DF3.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 121
Have any builders in here gone in for the ParaGrafix enhancements? Are they worth it, easy to work with, any opinions?

Great job, Walls!

She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts! :wink1:

Thanks! Still have a long wait go with the paint but it’s getting there. The final thing will be lightening up the colors with an extremely light spray with the base color to mute the whole thing. Saw it done a couple times and it came out great.

Have any builders in here gone in for the ParaGrafix enhancements? Are they worth it, easy to work with, any opinions?

I used zero for mine but followed a bunch of builds where they did. For me, FOR ME not worth the expense or extra time.

I got the hold and corridors sets, I think well worth it, but it does add to your workload. Mainly because you then need to put lighting.
The underfloor corridor lighting does look sweet, just adds life to your Falcon.

Back