Buffy Season 8 —SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up "No Future For You" part two.

Last issue Faith was really captured in the art. This issue not so much but good story.

Last issue Faith was really captured in the art. This issue not so much but good story.
i just picked that up myself. good read. i also picked up the BTVS OMNIBUS volume 1 which collects issues of the original darkhorse run and puts them into some kind of canonical(if thats a word) timeline order. pretty sweet and with more volumes to follow.

I definately agree with that assessment.

I saw Omnibus and II at Borders the other day. Are they worth picking up?

Did anyone get issue 9 yet?
I'm heading to the comic store tomorrow to check my reserve box.

Did anyone get issue 9 yet?
I'm heading to the comic store tomorrow to check my reserve box.

I got mine and it has a interesting build up going on (I am not going to tell). I am glad they decided to do this as it nice to see what happened after season 7.

I should mention that if any one wants to get them from us we do sell them, just PM me for details.

The last few issues of this series have been slowly getting better as far as I'm concerned.

Infact I'd go as far as to say the latest issue if the best one that I've read so far. I hope it's going to be a case of 'onwards and upwards' from now on.

Wow.

That was...

That was...

Wow.

I can't believe that no one is commenting on the return of Xander as Dracula's Butt-monkey, and the fact he can fly a helicopter without depth-perception!

Buffy #12 has renewed my enthusiasm for the series! Thank-you Drew Goddard!

Well I think they're more concerned with Buffy shagging Satsu myself. :rotfl

Not a popular development judging by the uproar thats happening in certain Buffy forums. :rotfl

she's just getting her freak on. I'd rather it be with Setsu than Faith...

Okay I lie. But, I am sure it won't develope into anything more.

she's just getting her freak on. I'd rather it be with Setsu than Faith...

Okay I lie. But, I am sure it won't develope into anything more.
I think she already got her freak on — and on, and on — when she was banging the centuries-old dead guys, :lol.

I agree about Faith, Bradlee; Could have been a good fit for "Bad Girls."

There's a nice interview with Joss at Newsarama.com about Season 8 in general and the Saffy/Buffsu "event" in particular. Here's an excerpt:

NRAMA: With this story, there’s a large character step for Buffy here in that she takes another Slayer as a lover. Was that your plan originally, or something Drew included in his story?

JW: What it was is that I had introduced the character and the dynamic that one of the Slayers was in love with Buffy, and we went to the place that we often will of - it would be fun to see her dancing around it a little bit: “I am pretty lonely, she is pretty hot, and she really likes me. I trust her, we’re all out here, I’m an open-minded gal…and did I mention that she really likes me?”

We thought we could have a little fun playing with her thinking about that, and Drew took the point of view that it plays a lot better if it just happens.

NRAMA: And any thinking about it has to come after the fact…

JW: Right. Rather than just being coy about it, and the whole “will they/won’t they?” Just have it happen, and then have them be coy about it. Awkwardly, nakedly, coy. Have all the silly fun of the French farce where everyone runs into the room, and then have the genuine emotion of “Did I use this person? Did I manipulate this person?” And they’re both thinking that. They’re both wondering if they’re going to get hurt or if they’re going to hurt the other person, and whether or not they should have done it. Not due to any moral reason or anything. It’s not a huge life change for Buffy. She’s not gay. Sexuality is a spectrum. Many of us have experimented in our youth – that’s what youths are for.

So we knew it wasn’t going to be a giant character shift – it was just going to be nice fodder for Buffy to be going through something besides feeling lonely and disconnected and having the weight of the world on her shoulders. It was nice for something nice to happen to her, and then for her to get kind of awkward about it.

Read the full article.

Issue 12 was the best issue yet. It was the first one that truly "felt" like a TV episode. I also don't see what's so wrong with Buffy trying out "at the Y" ... sorry, couldn't resist. Buffy is at the age where many girls, especially those in college, experiment. And, with the luck she has had with the men in her life ... can you blame her :D And, this two exchanges right here iare why Goddard is a Buffy "God":

b08.jpg
b12.jpg
b13.jpg

Back