Buffy Season 8 —SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did! I did! A bit miffed I didnt get my varient cover though, one one place was open, all the others closed at 7.

I just read it. I think it's a good book, not great, so far. Honestly, I'm just glad the story is going on in any format, even if I feel handicapped following along the comic books. I still am not liking the artwork much because of the character likeness issue. I would stop paying attention to how many different times Willow and Buffy's eyes change color but the appearance doesn't match the actors enough, I need the eye colors to be correct (or at least consistent) to tell me whozzitwhat. Joss's trademark bantering also seems harder for me to follow. As a result, I didn't understand all the plot points or what I suspect are inside jokes--either that, or I'm *really* missing a lot. I suspect it's the artwork again, because I can follow his X-Men books pretty well. But I do look forward to #5 and beyond in August. Perfectly timed for me to be Harry Potter'd out by then, and ready for Buff and gang again.

I dont think its hard to follow at all. Plus its near impossible to perfectly capture a real humans appearance 100% of the time in a comic book. I think this is one of the best books in ages and actually brought me back into the world of comics.

So I've succumbed to buying the single issues even though I swore I'd hold out for the trades.

SPOILERS

I loved the 4th issue. It seemed kind of rushed, but obviously Amy and Warren are in this for the long haul. It had all that Buffy goodness though - clever dialogue, some good fight scenes and our favorite characters in jeopardy. Sorry about Ethan though.:monkey2

I enjoyed the first story arc, but I really think the art was abysmal (and got worse with each subsequent issue). All that said, I'm very much looking forward to Brian K. Vaughan's arc.

I really wasn't keen. I think Joss has lost the plot when it comes to these comics.

Well I guess come Comic Con we will find out more since Joss is doing a panel and later that night they are going to do a 10th Anniversary Buffy screening of an episode AND OMWF. Count me as excited.

Im done with 5 and 6 and because I couldnt sleep I was playing on Wikipedia. Well I got a suprise. For all you Doctor Who fans, take a look at the page before the final page of the story. See anyone familiar? :lol

I've read throught the first 5, pretty good stuff. I'm enjoying the slayer army idea better here than I did in season 7. I agree with binky's comment about the banter being a bit hard to follow at times. It's not quite the same without hearing the actual actors firing those lines back and forth, but for the most part it works. Xander's dialogue has been especially good, he's the best part of the books so far imo.

As an Angel fan, I loved the bit about the Buffy in Rome dating the Immortal being an imposter. :lol

5 almost seemed like a filler issue. Interesting I suppose, but something was definately missing. I'm loving the latest issue with Faith and Giles. Great dialogue, the real hallmark of the show and the comic.

Yeah, the latest issue was really interesting... Love the character development with Faith and Giles. And the Xander workout scene really was perfect, just like a scene straight from the show. Hilarious. :lol

5 almost seemed like a filler issue. Interesting I suppose, but something was definately missing. I'm loving the latest issue with Faith and Giles. Great dialogue, the real hallmark of the show and the comic.

Issue 5 was a filler issue. I don't doubt that alot of the stand alone issues will be like that. Still good though, I enjoyed it immensely.

Issue 5 was a filler issue. I don't doubt that alot of the stand alone issues will be like that. Still good though, I enjoyed it immensely.

Same here, it was similar to what they did on the show.... And it told a good story from another Slayers perspective. Really shows what they give up, and what it means to impersonate Buffy.

#5 was a good stand alone. i liked the ending.
i just hope they dont start going to over the top kind of like angels new pet dragon. and i cant wait for oz to come back, dont know why but i have always liked him.

Hi. I'm visiting this thread really frightened that I might read something important about the story! So, this'll be quick! I know it might be too much to ask, but could someone PLEASE PLEASE make a checklist of the 1st print issues (including variant covers) that have been released so far? Please! Thanks in advance!

Back