Buffy and Angel 12" lines on hold

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and one more thing. Please those who haven't voted on the poll of the homepage of this site, please do it. let's bring Buffy to the number one

i agree with everyone so far, i (as you all know ) am in the process of re-building the hyperion hotel to display the 12 inch angel figures, but i guess that was a waist of time and money if there isnt going to be any more, its a very big model just for 3 figures.
I think its sad that they can just turn there backs on the buffy and angel fans just like that. i think the collectors deserve better.

Angel

www.hyperionhotel.com

I wonder if Sideshow hasn't found a way of "blowing out" figures... through some toy liquidation outlet of some sort. Many "deadbeat" figures recently have gone from "In Stock" to "Sold Out" without even appearing in the "Limited Quanities" Section of the newsletter. I find that rather odd. :confused:

And nothing says that Sideshow is DONE with a line completely than not having any to offer in stock... by any means necessary. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Darth Rage said:
Perhaps soon it will disappear completely like the Highlander line. :monkey2

That's what's been crossing my mind but I didn't have the guts to say it out loud...:monkey2

Sorry, I am on a GOOD GRIEF roll here...and this thread needs it BADLY in response to this move by SS...

goodgrief.jpg

I've been buying BTVS/Angel figs. from Sideshow since they first came out with them. I have them ALL. Now, I want to change my user name (if I could figure out how.)!!!!!:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4Yes, I am not happy about it, yes, I am miffed, yes I am!!!

Buffanatic said:
I've been buying BTVS/Angel figs. from Sideshow since they first came out with them. I have them ALL. Now, I want to change my user name (if I could figure out how.)!!!!!:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4Yes, I am not happy about it, yes, I am miffed, yes I am!!!
You can change your user name by sending an email to Darklord Dave.

According to this week's newsletter, Oz is 3 pieces away from selling out. It seems once they have gotten rid of every Buffy/Angel 12 inch figure in their catalog, we might have the "Highlander experience".

Word is that this line is still on hiatus. Which here is what I am confused about...

When we were told about this hiatus I emailed sideshow to find out about it. The email stated they weren't cancelling the line, just putting it on hold as they had once did after making the hush figures.

Then, they made PF's. So I figured even tho Buffy/Angel line, it's not the same line as the 1/6. So I email them again and ask about the PF's. Well, the email returned to me stated the same thing. That the buffy and angel line (1/6 and 1:4 all the same) was on hiatus.

WHAT? I was so confused. Still am. If the line was on hiatus, how was it that bbbbbbbbbb (sorry for all the b's but my cat just wanted to share his thoughts) they could make Pf's in the middle of a hiatus and call it the same line?

Last edited:
hiatus of a SS line means the same as when a TV show goes on hiatus.:lecture

just ask those x-files fans who are still waiting for the lone gunmen figures. we even saw pics of the finished sculpts for those guys.:monkey2

Buffy had quite a few different figures while Angel only had 3. I think if they reconsider and start producing more Whedon figures, Angel is the series they need to revisit. Sideshow is right though, the core Buffy characters were already created. Angel still has Wesley and Gunn, maybe even someone from Wolfram & Hart.

hiatus of a SS line means the same as when a TV show goes on hiatus.:lecture

just ask those x-files fans who are still waiting for the lone gunmen figures. we even saw pics of the finished sculpts for those guys.:monkey2

If they were to make more X-Files figures, which I hope they eventually do, I'd rather have Mr. X or the Alien Bounty Hunter.

As long as we don't have Anya, Tara, and Dawn, then the core characters have not been created.

And they never will unless you get a custom figure. SS will never come out and say a line is dead, but Buffy/Angel is almost as dead as dead can be. Give it time and I'm sure (like Highlander) all remnants will be swept away.

I know. I'm not one of those that holds onto hope even though it's futile. I'm just saying that Sideshow's logic that the core characters have been made is faulty.

I can almost compare this to the fanaticism of certain browncoats who refuse to believe that Firefly is dead.

One problem is that sideshow failed to deliver in a timely fashion. Fans screamed for Giles and Xander and then they made them after the demand dropped.

They are letting the ship pass them by on the Lord Of The Rings, and this is the height of Indiana Jones and they have one figure.

Back