Buck Rogers (ZICA 1/9)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They arrived last week and while I'm waiting to set up my home PC once more (getting fixed so I've been unable to really post pics) I don't have any pics to post... just yet.

They're both great and it's very nostalgic to have them. I love the difference in size to the 1/6 and with this scale I could definitely see the Starfighter as being a viable option.

If you were a fan of this series I highly suggest you pick these up. I'll post some pics later but they're great releases. I really hope this line gathers steam so that we get multiple waves (especially Col. Deering and Twiki).

Finally able to take some pics to update my collection-- not a great picture of these two, but as someone who grew up in the late 70's early 80's at that pivotal sci-fi time-- they're awesome and I only hope for more...

Anyone else enjoying them?

Finally able to take some pics to update my collection-- not a great picture of these two, but as someone who grew up in the late 70's early 80's at that pivotal sci-fi time-- they're awesome and I only hope for more...

Anyone else enjoying them?

I enjoy them..I just dont enjoy waiting for the next set of series 1 or Series 2.The 8 figures left to be made will be an awesome sight displayed together....I especially cant wait for Hawk,Space Vampire and Wilma (throw in Ardala too)...

I enjoy them..I just dont enjoy waiting for the next set of series 1 or Series 2.The 8 figures left to be made will be an awesome sight displayed together....I especially cant wait for Hawk,Space Vampire and Wilma (throw in Ardala too)...

Those are my major wants as well-- but please, throw in a Twiki there. Buck isn't Buck without his Twiki. They're a great size and look great on display. I just wish the others would be released soon.

killer%20kane%20(large).png

Still listed as Coming Soon (wave 2). Any updates on the success of Wave 1? How are things looking for future waves, specifically Col. Wilma Deering and Twiki?

killer%20kane%20(large).png

Still listed as Coming Soon (wave 2). Any updates on the success of Wave 1? How are things looking for future waves, specifically Col. Wilma Deering and Twiki?

Eh Well...Craig says the line isn't dead...yet.Its either sales or getting these produced from the factory.The rest of the Wave 1 is scheduled for the end of this year,but I wouldn't get your hopes up until something is announced.I have no hope of seeing a Wave 2,because it seems everytime a company starts a line,it falls flat on its face and never finishes.Maybe we'll get a Wilma or Twiki,but people got to buy these,afterall they ARE the Hot Toys of 1/9 scale figures.

The figures are great. I hope the remaining figures will be released.

Does anyone have, or has anyone heard of, any status of this line?... I really hope it's doing well enough to continue.

Does anyone have, or has anyone heard of, any status of this line?... I really hope it's doing well enough to continue.

The figures are no longer being produced by ZICA Toys but I'm in talks with another company who's interested in possibly taking over the line. If that happens I'll make an official announcement on the ZICA Toys website and Facebook page.

The figures are no longer being produced by ZICA Toys but I'm in talks with another company who's interested in possibly taking over the line. If that happens I'll make an official announcement on the ZICA Toys website and Facebook page.

Thanks very much for the update.

Anything further?

nope! the line is done

DST bought Zica for the 1/9 body to use on their other licenses

buck rogers is dead!

Been on the fence for this line for awhile....have been craving a Hawk figure since my youth.....

Hoping DST runs with the Buck Rogers line and keeps it going!

nope! the line is done

DST bought Zica for the 1/9 body to use on their other licenses

buck rogers is dead!

Just to clarify a little, DST didn't by ZICA the company, they only bought our tooling and existing inventory for the Buck Rogers line and the 1/9 scale male body. And yes, based on what I know the Buck Rogers line is pretty much dead at this point.

Back