Buck Rogers Starfighter Chronicle.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know right, he did say no promises, but that is what he is aiming for. That will be a limited time price though, like the endo bust, it will go up after a month I think. If it lasts that long that is, this has a tiny ES... I think we just talked me into getting it. :lol

We have a price and it is out today..

Retail is $750, this is a big ship with lights in the engines and logo base.

This is a lot less than other companies offering ships of similar size and pedigree.

Paul

12191479_1635085486751290_1957281368637817622_n.jpg

Yikes, $800 after shipping... a little too steep for my blood- would go down as the most expensive statue/collectible I own. Sux, I was looking forward to it too. Just seems way too much to pay for something that isn't Buck, Wilma or Princess Ardala.

:gah:

that's actually a pretty good price, building up a kit of that size and getting it lighted (especially depending on how many lights there are) can easily run you a grand plus.

fifth element please :*(

Your absolutely right... but it doesn't help :lol Maybe one day I can afford the big QMX Serenity sans monkeys flying out of my butt :monkey2

Some ships/vehicles are really cool, others are actual characters in the show (Serenity/Enterprise etc). This one imo falls into the really cool category- awesome to have for the right price but characters are priority for me. Hopefully somebody will make Buck and Wilma one day.

Think yourself lucky, it will run to about $1100+ for us guys. I'm passing unfortunately, I just can't keep up with the cost of this hobby any more tbh, at least a lot of the stuff that really interests me. But I do look forward to seeing any in hand pictures, I'm sure this will be a great piece to own.

Your absolutely right... but it doesn't help :lol Maybe one day I can afford the big QMX Serenity sans monkeys flying out of my butt :monkey2

Some ships/vehicles are really cool, others are actual characters in the show (Serenity/Enterprise etc). This one imo falls into the really cool category- awesome to have for the right price but characters are priority for me. Hopefully somebody will make Buck and Wilma one day.

qmx is a different matter altogether, their prices are more expensive then even commissioning most builders and the quality is not what they promise either :| this would cost like 3 grand coming from qmx :|

qmx is a different matter altogether, their prices are more expensive then even commissioning most builders and the quality is not what they promise either :| this would cost like 3 grand coming from qmx :|

You're spot on with that assessment of QMX. That company is absolutely out of its mind to charge the prices they do on their high end replicas. I mean you could buy a fairly nice used car for what they charge for those Star Trek ships they offer. And the best builders who do commissions over at The RPF site would NEVER charge you those prices. In fact those builders have been up in arms for the last several years about what QMX is doing in terms of pricing and quality. They firmly believe that QMX is ripping people off. I honestly can't believe that QMX has not gone the way of Icons or Master Replicas and gone completely bankrupt by now.

Well master replicas and icons banked on high end prop replicas, qmx doesn't it relies on the cheap crap
I wouldn't be so jaded if FX studio actually did a proper job with the stuff, but they rush it and it shows. Rush being a relative term of course cause they actually take for****ingever.

Doubtful, also Serenity is can justify the price A LITTLE more than the others. Not much though. The reason being that it's their own kit and you can't really get it elsewhere. Unlike the star trek models which are just buildups of other kits or the few that aren't can be gotten elsewhere anyways...

Its expensive (actually will be the most paid for any collectible I own) but for a studio replica its reasonable. As someone mentioned there was a kit almost 10 years ago for $400.00. Chronicle makes really nice stuff and this was one of my favorite shows as a kid. This and of course Battle Star Galactica. I was tempted to get the QMX Viper Artisan Replica a while ago but $2000.00 was too much for me. I would have gone as high as $1,000.

Very excited to see this up on my shelves

It is indeed expensive for sure, but unlike QMX, you might just get what you pay for here. I look forward to seeing it on your shelves...

It is indeed expensive for sure, but unlike QMX, you might just get what you pay for here. I look forward to seeing it on your shelves...

I will take pictures when I it arrives, it is not planned to ship until 2nd quarter 2016. I have high hopes for this Chronicle seems to be doing a great job on all their collectibles

Confirmed by Paul on Statue Forum Chronicle no longer has Buck Rogers license. Shame could have made some cool stuff.

Last edited:
Back