Buck Rogers Starfighter Chronicle.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really cant wait for this . This is on the top of my favorite preorders I have been waiting on .

If the pictures they showed are any indication these should be great .Plus they were done in house .

Hard to believe at the price - they made/sold very few of these .

Happy someone has a tracking # on this . Hopefully not long now on mine now .

Always had a thing for Princess Ardala (Pamela Hensley). Bad girls are sexy!

pA 1.jpg

PA 2.jpg

PA 3.jpg

I really cant wait for this . This is on the top of my favorite preorders I have been waiting on .

If the pictures they showed are any indication these should be great .Plus they were done in house .

Hard to believe at the price - they made/sold very few of these .

Happy someone has a tracking # on this . Hopefully not long now on mine now .

Got mine and the ship is a beauty!!!

You should post some pics. Some of us would love to see this in hand.

Was thinking about buying one of these off Ebay.
The photos I have seen though looks like there are no plastic or glass windows?
Is the cockpit just left opened as if there is glass?

Yes .No glass or plastic in the cockpit . Chronicles is exactly as the screen used prop . They said it was so they didn't get reflections etc during shooting the show

to anyone that wanted one of these but they are sold out .One just popped up at Entertainment Earth but they only have 1

I couldn't believe it was still there tonight . Congrads .I think its going to be great .

I think the one you just got is in stock . So you are gonna get yours before me .

If you can please post a few pictures .They have been sparse on this prop .

Yeah normally I'd like to see a review on YouTube first but there was none. But since this is sold out now I figured better jump on it now or pay some high Ebay prices later.

So, I got the Starfighter today. It's fairly nice. It feels more like a model kit than an actual replica prop. It's pretty light and feels like it would break pretty easily. The paint job is simple. Not sure if anyone is gonna feel it was worth $800.00 though?
The Box comes in a plain brown shipping box with a picture of the Starfighter taped to the Box. There is no Package Box.
There are also No Directions in the Box. No COA. No Number on the Bottom of the Base. No Number on the StarFighter. Realistically there is no way to really know how many of these were made?
At first I had no idea how this thing lights up? After pulling and pressing on Everything. I found a compartment underneath with a Black Box and a On and Off switch in it. You have to pull the Lid Off. I turned it on. Nothing. After more pulling and tugging I was able to rip the lid off the black battery box. It takes 3 AAA Batteries. Then hit On and the dashboard lights up and the rear jets light up. The dashboard light is pretty bright. The rear jets not as bright.
There are also wings to add on and also the base has to be added to a rod which attaches to the ship.
Why there were No simple Directions of any kind included is beyond me?
Overall it's nice and I like it. Not like any other company would ever make another one of these?
If you're a diehard fan I think you would Love it. Though I think the Mego Toy was more fun.

Attachments

• 20170213_170930.jpg
    20170213_170930.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • 20170213_171012.jpg
    20170213_171012.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 75
  • 20170213_171059.jpg
    20170213_171059.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 74
  • 20170213_171135.jpg
    20170213_171135.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • 20170213_171243.jpg
    20170213_171243.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 74
  • 20170213_171202.jpg
    20170213_171202.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 74
I don't know how accurate it would be but weathering effects would of made this really pop.... I just sent them email to see if I can cancel mine.... If I can't no biggy it's still pretty cool looking, but given the plain look If I can apply the money towards another one of their projects I think I would prefer that option...

You can most likely sell it on Ebay. I don't see any on there right now and no online store with these in-stock or taking pre-orders anymore.

Aside from the cockpit light seeming way to bright in the picture...I think it looks great!

Maybe a simple coat of varnish over the bulb would tone it down....

Thanks for posting the pictures . I am keeping mine . Loved that show still watch it to this day .

I think it pretty much came out like the proto . Light I will never turn on well maybe once to test it but agree way to bright . The only 2 that have popped up on the bay sold for $1050 & $1100 . I would not keep it to try to make a few hundred on it as too much can go wrong . I do feel like down the road if I ever decided to part with it & Sold it ,I would get my money back for sure on it .

As for as how many actually are being made ,I was told from Chronicle a month ago around 76 or 78 ish give or take cant remember exact number . But way less than the original # .Not my pictures but from the one sold last year

buck2.jpgbuck 1.jpgbuck3.jpg

Looks nice! I've always liked that fighter. Would be awesome if they made Hawk's fighter, too.

But for $800, I wouldn't want it to feel like a model kit.

Back