Buck Rogers 1/6 GoHero Up for Pre Order NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bucka.jpg

buckb.jpg

buckc.jpg

buckd.jpg

bucke.jpg

buckf.jpg

buckg.jpg

buckh.jpg

bucki.jpg

Great pics Galactiboy!

Congrats all! This is a great looking figure! Nice that Go Hero is being so cooperative about replacing the helmets, which is undoubtedly costing them quite a bit.

Nice that Go Hero is being so cooperative about replacing the helmets, which is undoubtedly costing them quite a bit.

Yes, it's great that GoHero is cooperative. But, and I don't want to sound rude now, I think they have no other choice. It's clearly a factory default, or, packaging mishap. Not replacing the bubble helmets wouldn't be to good for their reputation I think. After all, the bubble IS an essential part of this ($175) figure, isn't it? The way they handle it now on the other hand, is strengthening the relationship with their (first time) customers. Accidents happen; better learn from mistakes and move on!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all Buck's still in transit to arrive undamaged!

Mine broke at the back, a relatively small area that shattered into many MANY pieces.
Still loving the figure, even without the helmet, and looking forward to more from
GoHero.

Mine's broken in the back too. I could tell it was caused by the metal piece on the back of the inner hat. If the head was wrapped in bubble wrap, the helmet would never have broken.

Last edited:
Mine's broken in the back too. I could tell it was caused by the metal piece on the back of the inner hat. If the head was wrapped in bubble wrap, the helmet would never have broken.

That's what I was thinking... that metal bit on the inner helmet would seem perfect for breaking glass.

Received mine today, and boy, it is really devastating seeing the glass bubble being shattered into a thousand pieces, with shards lying all over the place. And yes, the visor also left marks on the nose, but luckily they are hardly noticeable. No COA either.

Still, I like this Buck Rogers a lot! I think this will become a sought after classic very swift. Overall the figure 'feels' good, and handles well. Smells different from all the other 12" figures when they come fresh out of the box. Now, I only have to figure out how that USB/ radio thing works... Like to hear it. And send a mail to Steve about the broken bubble. Sigh.

Edit
Yep! You just have to switch it on using the switch on his side and then hit play on the remote. It works like a charm!

Can't seem to find a switch on the figure's side, but there are some buttons in his back. Is that the on/off switch?

Last edited:
The switch is usually on the side, right next to the sensor. The instruction chart shows it on the wrong side.

Are you talking about the blue switch on the remote? Is there no switch on the figure that needs to be activated? If I push the switch on the remote (the record buttom lights up red), and than 'play' nothing happens.

Had an other look at the jet pack, and that's pretty scratched up too... .

Last edited:
There is a switch on Bucks body... as well as buttons on his back which you can use to make him work. Although, I haven't done anything with that part of the figure yet.

Sorry to hear your helmet was smashed, i feel very lucky mine arrived in good order.

There is a switch on Bucks body... as well as buttons on his back which you can use to make him work. Although, I haven't done anything with that part of the figure yet.

Sorry to hear your helmet was smashed, i feel very lucky mine arrived in good order.
Thanks GB, I appreciate your concern.
I literally pulled down the guys pants to get a good look at the switches in the back. :lol Like samueljd said, they are indeed the other way around from what is shown on the instruction sheet. But still, if I push the on/off button, nothing happens. And, shouldn't the sound thing work if I use the remote to operate it? What else is the remote good for? I still have to fiddle a bit with this to make it work! Love the figure more and more though!

I wonder if you need to charge it first... I was assuming the USB cable (included under the plastic trays) would charge the battery as well as be used to add/remove content.

GOT IT!
There's a on/off switch on the right side of the figure. That has to be moved in up position to activate. And pushing the remote, a blue light on the back of the figure twill light up, indicating it's working. I had to 'pump up the volume' to hear anything, but now I'm making a trip "500 years into the future"! :lol

Wondering about the batteries also... but I doubt the USB will charge them.

Did you need to charge it before use? Or did it work right away?

I really need to check out the MP3 function :lol

You're right, the USB charges it! Says so in the instruction PDF ready for download on the GoHero site - like some members have already mentioned in this thread. It is very helpful.

GB, It worked right away, but I had to turn up the volume to actually hear something. The control lights on the figure indicated that something was happening, so I tried the volume settings, and bingo.

Has anybody received their replacement parts for broken Buck Rogers pieces yet? I haven't heard anything and I had sent mine back to Steve weeks ago.

Well, I don't know if they need to make them or if he had some ready to ship for replacements. When I talked to Steve, he actually told me I could send back the whole figure and he'd ship me a new one. It sounded like he had some on hand and read to ship or that the replacement parts were ready.

I'm in Europe, so, it'll take longer to get the replacements for me. I sent the helmet & jet pack to him only on Tuesday, so I figure it'll take about three to four weeks to get the replacements.

I'm in Europe, so, it'll take longer to get the replacements for me. I sent the helmet & jet pack to him only on Tuesday, so I figure it'll take about three to four weeks to get the replacements.

I don't know?! I sent my stuff off over 3 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing. I will only take a couple days for me to receive the stuff once shipped.

Back