Bubo IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have been all over that GG band if it had been in scale with the Sideshow stuff. C'est la vie.

Yeah, that makes two of us.

Dang... Bubo's huge. I should have mine in a week or so.. looking forward to it.

Those of us who saw it @ SDCC told you guys he was pretty freaking big and very cool looking too. :rock

Well....I was expecting Bubo tomorrow, but looks like he was in a rush to see his new home and made it here today.

I have to say, this creature pack is a well made offering, and the pieces are much much bigger and more detailed than the photos here let on.

Color me .....:chew

Pics later

:D

I just got my quantum view today so hopefully it will be here by early next week at the latest.

I have to say from looking at some of the pics in this thread that Bubo is a lot larger then I thought he was gonna be,he's frickin huge.:lol

I may try to pick this up when it can be bought with a gift card. Right now, I just have no desire to add it to the Jabba set up.

Can't wait for Thursday, Hutt needs a guard dog around. Wor-Gar, I still plan to do a "Find the 'B's image to make a little game out of things ;)

He'll go good with my Jabba set up. I prefer to buy the regular addition in 6 months for 10-15 bucks on clearance from an online retailer.

Can't wait until Bubo & friends arrive as they're also coming with Boba so my Jabba display is going to be doubly better (is that even proper English?). I wasn't sure about the creature pack when it was first announced but these original creatures really add something to the overall 1/6 display of Jabba's Throne room... I hope that SS continue with little additions so that this can continue to grow--and by little I do eventually want Ephant man so maybe little isn't the proper term.:D

Having said that, I also hope that SS select two or three other iconic (hate to use that term as it has been overused) settings and over the next few years add to them through the 1/6 line. Personally I'm chomping at the bit to start to display a 1/6 Cantina with all of the aliens and bar paraphenalia as well as the jedi temple...

Here are a few comparison pics:

jasbbasqh9.jpg

jabbasyz2.jpg

ggjabbasy6.jpg

crumbsrl1.jpg

bibszi9.jpg

In general, I prefer static sculpted pieces to action figures. But when all is said and done, I prefer the Sideshow Jabba because of the size of it all. However, there are some great things about the GG set. Most interestingly, they have incorporated magnets into the throne, so the little extra pieces like the pillows, plate and cup can be attached and held securely in place. Even the tiny Salacious Crumb features a magnet, and can either perch on the Max Rebo piece or be positioned on one of the throne pillows without fear of falling off. Bib Fortuna also features a miniature stand in the style of the other GG statue bases, but the figure itself is removable and has a felt bottom and more magnets, so he can stand on his own or be attached to the magnetic Jabba throne. You also have Ooola and the light up Jawa--and of course, the Bib statue was free when you purchased Jabba and the band. That decision scores some points for GG.

All in all, there are some very nice touches here and I think it's one of the better items that GG has come up with. But in the end, I give the gold medal to Sideshow. The larger size allows for that much more detail, and the fact that it is in scale with the accompanying 12" figures means that you can have a great display. The GG busts will look odd sitting in the mix without legs, and the full statues are not in the same scale. So for an overall impressive and matching display, you should go with Sideshow. If you are a freak like me, you can have both and I think you will find something to like about either one. Each stands as a great example of some of the best work of their respective companies.

(Of course, with GG you don't get Bubo. Keep that in mind.)

:D

Got Bubo yesterday, great set! And I know its like a broken record... but it really is surprising how giant the figures are. I think its a great value if you got the exclusive... not so much if its the regular IMO.

Only trouble is I'm not sure where to put Bubo... the shelf I have is a bit too small for everything :monkey2 :monkey2

Really great comparison shots Tom. :clap

I agree.... Thanks Tom.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
Now I really wish that somewhere down the line SS produce a Max Rebo band (from the original and not the '97 redone) in size with the Jabba.

Great pics. Thanks for finally allowing me to compare-- and realize that there's no way that the GG Max Rebo band could ever really be posed with the SS Jabba Throne.

Back