Bruce Lee!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bare chested one can be seen on Arnie's website. Dig around under "My Art Works." It has real hair, and the arms are fixed, not articulated -- it's like a bust with poseable legs, though the neck post appears to be articulated, because the head seems to be posed differently in various photos. He built a replica of the mirror set from "Enter the Dragon" for the photo shoot. It's wild. Until he posted these recent groupings, I always assumed it was 1:4.

fixedBruceLee.jpg

Reading that he is planning a 1:4 is interesting -- the first of his figures I ever saw pictured was a bash of the Art Asylum 18" GoD. The face made you say, why didn't Digger do this in the first place? But of course, that 18" body is all out of proportion for someone as small as Bruce Lee. The shot below is somebody else's collection; don't remember where I saw this (nice Mac though :D) --

BLcompare.jpg

Here's a shot of the 18" parts Arnie made for the Art Asylum body, dated 2003:

Arnie2003.jpg

Thanks for the 20th Century Warriors link, SLF.

No problem. I'm keeping a close eye on this one and will be placing an order for it. :cool:

I know some people are hesitant due to the price and I can understand that. $300 is a lot for a 1/6 figure when you can get a 1/4 for that price. However, I do not associate size with quality. Not to mention the licensing fees involved here. Arnie obviously knows his stuff and he really is a fan. You can see a lot of effort is put on these figures. If good quality control can be kept on each piece to the point where the quality shows as much as those pics then it is worth the $300 in my opinion. :peace

x-Mcfreak said:
Can those 18 inch parts be ordered too ?

You could try reaching him through his website, but I doubt it very much, since it was announced as a limited edition of 20 back in 2003. Also he's heavily involved with launching the Enterbay venture. But you never know.

I'm just going to start saving my pennies for the 1:4 figure he eventually produces for Enterbay. Gonna take a lot of pennies.

Gruff Old Bear said:
I'm just going to start saving my pennies for the 1:4 figure he eventually produces for Enterbay. Gonna take a lot of pennies.

If he does a PF I'll pass. The price would be ridiculous probably close to $1,000. I rather have more variety in styles with the 12" figures. Those will be easy to display together.

Why can't they release reasonably priced 3" figs like the ones which came out in 98 , they were only 10$ and likeness was decent ?

I'd love a set of The Big Boss figs : Cheng Chao-an aka Bruce , Hsa Mi - Thai boss , Mi's son , Shu Chen aka James Tien.....with axes , sticks and knives natch ! Perhaps a ice house diorama !!)

or how about a Way set : Tang Lung , Rome gangster boss & his gay translator Ho Tai , Colt aka Chuck , Coliseum diorama !

Preorders have begun to show up.

Just a heads up if you are interested. I don't know how many retailers are carrying this type of high priced figure so securing one early may be the wise thing to do. Retailers are probably placing orders very conservatively.

Gruff Old Bear said:
I assumed we'd have to order directly from Enterbay. I haven't been able to find any pre-orders at any of the usual suspects...where have you seen it offered?

PM sent about where to get it. I don't want to break any forum rules.

I assumed that we will be able to order directly from Enterbay.com from previous info directly from Enterbay themselves. However, I heard this may not be the case from some folks and that only retailers will be able to. That little paragraph from the 20th-centurywarriors link I provided does hint that the latter may be true.

"They will be available through Enterbay in Hong Kong and also through some specially selected retailers around the world"

If anyone has reliable info from Enterbay to clarify this please share here.

I just registered on that board -- same username of course -- so again, thanks for another heads-up.

I emailed Enterbay this morning asking about ordering through their site, and just got a reply. They say:

Thank you for interested in ENTERBAY/Arnie's product.
Worldwide customers are able to order directly through our site.

The ordering system will be launch later on.

Cheers
ENTERBAY TEAM

A few quick questions to those who have been following this closer than me:

What is the difference between the GAME OF DEATH --- 1 Deluxe Edition (First Release) and the 1 Limited Edition?

I see on the ENTERBAY site the there are '8 styles' and lists 5 films but with different editions (deluxe and limited).

The pictures shows 10 figures.

Also, in the pictures, the sculpt seems to have a mark on his right cheek. Is this a scar Bruce has in realy life or a flaw?

For $300 I'm being fussy! :monkey3

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

The difference between Deluxe Editions and Limited Editions have not been made clear. However, in the case of both Game of Death figures the easy answer is that the LE is the battle damaged version with bruised face and big footprint in the chest. Beyond that is anyone's guess if the price, packaging, quantity of accesories or other extras will differ between versions.

I think the Deluxe version will always be released first as the definitive one to own in the series. For example, The Enter the Dragon Deluxe will most likely be the mirror scene bruised figure as it is the most powerful scene in the film. All the figures you see on the link are posted are prototypes and what becomes offered may vary a little. Obviously a few of those won't make the cut since we are only getting eight.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that! :cool:

Another questions - Would it be worth waiting for the 'limited' version or is the 'deluxe' version 'THE ONE TO GET'?

PC :cool:

I say go for at least one Deluxe from each film if you can afford it. If not then go for the Game of Death Deluxe and one of the two Enter the Dragon Deluxe ones (preferably the mirror scene one).

I think you get my drift... :D

Last edited:
I thought I share some info I got from fellow poster sunohc who is also keeping an eagle's eye on this figure. He has direct contact with the Enterbay CEO.

"The official pictures will come out later though, near the end of April or begining of May.
Here's the good news:
The CEO quotes: "The final product come with a lot of premium accessories and a deluxe packaging with a display background booth, the customers will understand that this product worth for $300. "
Thus the background booth will have a mini diorama-like feature if you know what I mean. Also, the boxing will be premiumly made to be very collector-friendly and fit for collectors.
The CEO was holding the preorder dates back initially because he was confident that as soon as they showed the final product, people would like the product even more because of all the features.

The figure body will not be those default dragon or BBI bodies, but a ALL NEW Enterbay body that will match Bruce Lee's physique and look well under the costumes and without."

More news about the edition size and when it will be up for preorder direct at enterbay.com

"Bruce Lee GAME OF DEATH Premium Collectible Figure will be a Deluxe Limited Edition of 3500 Worldwide .
Yes ! ONLY 3500 Sets will be produced, so be the first one to Pre-order this before it's gone.
Pre-Order Launch Date should be Mid of May 2006, we will annouce the exact Pre-order date 10 days before the Launch date."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back