Brown shipping boxes...part of the collectible?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a nearly complete collection of Sideshow Star Wars shipping boxes in mint or near mint condition.

Please PM me for a price quote... and a shipping quote.

:D

***This is a joke, don't you dare PM me.

I once got an ebay case opened because I didn't include the shipper for the figure, true story. It didn't matter that I packaged it securely, the buyer needed and wanted the damn, dirty as hell shipper.

Seller wanted a $40 credit for the "misleading" auction. I contacted ebay, explained what a "shipper" was and they sided with me instantly. The figure was exactly as advertised and the shipper was deemed not a part of the collectible, as ebay stated.

Shipper lovers are the worst.

Shipper auctions yield higher ending bids.....just a fact.
You can sell shippers often.....
Art boxes are a good seller too.

If you plan to resell, art boxes are valued, as are shippers to a lesser extent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I once got an ebay case opened because I didn't include the shipper for the figure, true story. It didn't matter that I packaged it securely, the buyer needed and wanted the damn, dirty as hell shipper.

Seller wanted a $40 credit for the "misleading" auction. I contacted ebay, explained what a "shipper" was and they sided with me instantly. The figure was exactly as advertised and the shipper was deemed not a part of the collectible, as ebay stated.

Shipper lovers are the worst.
That is faulty logic.

Whenever a buyer starts messaging me about the condition of the shipper, I block him/her forever.

It's worked wonders for me.

Shipper lovers. LOL.

I got my 1:1 P1 Bio with tape and labels all around a beat up picture box which wasn't cool.
Exactly why I always ask if shipper is included. If they say no I then ask if they have a box they can send it in.

I'm not bothered about the original shipper but I do want an external box :)

:yess::yess::yess:

I got my 1:1 P1 Bio with tape and labels all around a beat up picture box which wasn't cool.
Exactly why I always ask if shipper is included. If they say no I then ask if they have a box they can send it in.

Now this I really think should go without saying. I can't fathom how anyone could think it acceptable to ship something with the art box as the shipper box.

I got a PF like that once also, luckily it was not a heavy or fragile one. In the guys defense it was an artist proof and he was not a collector, just got it as a gift so he did not know any better. He did use usps priority tape which is ugly and terrible to remove though :slap

Asking about the actual condition of the shipper could also mean the guy wants to make sure it will protect the piece too(not that there is anything wrong with just wanting a nice clean shipper box for collectors sake). Damage or even just multiple uses can render the box ineffective at doing its job. Some package insurance won't cover damage/loss if you use the original package without extra covering also.

Ok thats the other side of this shipper debate!! Thats idiotic. If I do not have the shipper I always put the art box in bubble wrap surrounded by newspaper in a sturdy amazon box. To be honest its safer than the shipper. Never would I sent an art box by itself.

I personally can't display all my statues at one time due to space so I rotate mine every six months and I need the boxes to store them back in for safety. I would never get a storage unit for boxes but I live in New England do I have a basement. I Set up shelves so all boxes and statues not on display are there.

I also have moved a few times and the boxes are lifesavers

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Same here. I got a basement and keep all my boxes no matter opened or not. Most of the 1/6 figure I purchased in the past couple years do come with a brown shipper. Even SS put shipping labels on it and never looks like "MINT", I still keep them cause the brown shipper won't increase any size of the art box but will protect my art box from shelf wear and any further damage.

And since I grown up in Asia, I totally understand where did this brown shipper hype come from. In Japan or China or Hong Kong market, when you purchase any toy or collectibles the shipper are response to protect all 8 corners of the art box in perfect sharp condition. Any dent or damaged corner is not acceptable. This is what Asia collectors all care about - the "perfect box" . And some other collectors might never understand.

Last edited:
But, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, the original brown shipper isn't even the best protection. They're so damn tight that the staples they're held together by cause indentations in the art box - and if it falls and lands on a corner it's not going to stop the corner of the art box getting crumpled too. :dunno

I consider original brown shippers really inadequate protection in the first place.

Interesting side note , bought a 200.00 graphics card off Amazon, and they sent it by slapping a label on the "art box" , no protection what so ever.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have all my artboxes AFA graded separate. I have all my art boxes similarly disassembled pressed flat, in acid free mylar; all contents herein placed in velvet lined glass topped drawers; much like a insect collection I once gazed upon with wonder as a youngster. This ensures maximum satisfaction. Maximum classification. Maximum value...well so I was told by my shrink. But I really detest her calling them "creepy boy dolls with girl eyes; and a general waste of space."

I have all my artboxes AFA graded separate. I have all my art boxes similarly disassembled pressed flat, in acid free mylar; all contents herein placed in velvet lined glass topped drawers; much like a insect collection I once gazed upon with wonder as a youngster. This ensures maximum satisfaction. Maximum classification. Maximum value...well so I was told by my shrink. But I really detest her calling them "creepy boy dolls with girl eyes; and a general waste of space."
Sounds like you need to invest in a better shrink instead.

Same here. I got a basement and keep all my boxes no matter opened or not. Most of the 1/6 figure I purchased in the past couple years do come with a brown shipper. Even SS put shipping labels on it and never looks like "MINT", I still keep them cause the brown shipper won't increase any size of the art box but will protect my art box from shelf wear and any further damage.

And since I grown up in Asia, I totally understand where did this brown shipper hype come from. In Japan or China or Hong Kong market, when you purchase any toy or collectibles the shipper are response to protect all 8 corners of the art box in perfect sharp condition. Any dent or damaged corner is not acceptable. This is what Asia collectors all care about - the "perfect box" . And some other collectors might never understand.
Very interesting I never knew this.. Thanks for the insight.. I was only looking at it from my perspective.. Most of my Bowens did not come I'm shippers

But, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, the original brown shipper isn't even the best protection. They're so damn tight that the staples they're held together by cause indentations in the art box - and if it falls and lands on a corner it's not going to stop the corner of the art box getting crumpled too. :dunno

I consider original brown shippers really inadequate protection in the first place.
I agree I pack it better than a brown shipper, bubble wrap on all sides

Back